Term 2 - Office of the President

Citizens of Fanatikou, I come before you today to discuss the subject of Gamecatcher Aggression.

For some time, our scouts have sent reports of a Gamecatcher warrior fortified amongst the mountains containing the eastern iron deposits. This information has been confirmed and now that we have established our newest city, Yun Feng, nearby that deposit, they apparently have refused to depart, despite the fact that they are located inside our borders.

Our Minister of the Interior, Octavian X, has spoken with their ambassador about this transgression, and they had the nerve to claim that we are at fault for their warrior's position inside our borders and that their warrior would not leave that mountain range.

This is unacceptable and paramount to a declaration of war. Our forces may not be fully prepared for a direct conflict at this time, but we must rise to the occasion. The Gamecatcher Alliance has gone too far this time, and their actions, or lack thereof, will deny our worker from accessing the iron and connecting Yun Feng to the rest of our empire.

The time has come for the Fanatikese people to rise up and announce to the world that we will not sit quietly while our more powerful neighbor continues to bully his way through our lands! While our first objective may be to live in peace, we will show the world that we can be fierce warriors when those words of peace fail.

I am in meetings with our Minister of Defense and Minister of the Interior. Our immediate goal is to provide adequate defenses for our cities and to settle the northern iron source as soon as possible. This will require two settlers (including the one we are finishing in Shen Ling this turn) and will likely take around 10 turns to complete.

In the meantime, I am directing our Minister of Science to commence research of Horseback Riding immediately. I estimate 6 turns before we discover that tech, if not sooner (although I anticipate this would require an operational deficit of -5 or -6gpt).

Lastly, our cities will continue to produce military units, and the production in Yun Feng should be switched from Barracks-Walls to Walls-Barracks as it may be some time before we have access to iron.

Finally, I hereby direct our Minister of Foreign Affairs to direct his ambassadors to Elucidia and Apolyton and inform them of the Gamecatcher treachery. Furthermore, they are hereby instructed to formalize the alliances that we had been lightly discussing in previous weeks. Gamecatcher will soon realize that none of the nations on this continent will allow their behavior to continue.

Once those alliances are signed, I will direct our ambassador to the Gamecatcher Alliance to inform them that their continued presence within our borders constitutes an act of war and will not be tolerated. They must withdraw immediately.

If they do not withdraw, and war breaks out, then our primary goals shall be:
  • Defend our cities and land improvements from Gamecatcher aggression.
  • Rid all the lands west of Balance of Power of Gamecatcher forces.
  • Limit Gamecatcher's ability to threaten our holdings in the future.
In conclusion, I would like to encourage all citizens to initiate/particpate in discussions related to this matter as it will certainly require all of our resources to emerge victorious in this war.

Thank you. God bless you, and God bless Fanatikou.

*Ambassador Goonie gets up to Clap wildly*

Great work 40J, but we cannot break our agreement and research HbR. If we are going to do this, it should at least be put to a vote.

I have been trying to get in contact with ZargonX since Thursday, but he has not responded, so I will also send a PM to Trip.

I will formalize my alliance today.

So give me a link to the chat, kind sir...

I would like the President to partisipate in this discussion :).

Diplomat Corps

Just to let you know... the royal family will be taking an extended vacation starting Friday evening (27 June). We plan on returning a week from Monday at the earliest (7 July).

I will try to check in often, and if possible, I'll play the turn, but I doubt that I'll be much of a dependable player over the next 2 weeks.

Also, I can say with great certainty that I won't be able to play the save on either the 4th or 5th of July. If a majority of our team intends to celebrate either of those days (or both), then I suggest we all take those days off rather than try to play these critical turns without the benefit of participation from most of our members.

If so, then we should post our intention to "vacation" on those days in the UN thread so the other teams do not grow angry with us during our holiday. Also, this should prevent our time clock from counting down during those days.

I know all the Canadians wouldn't be able to play July 1st.

At long last, I have indeed returned to the great nation of Fanatikou. I deeply regret that my travels have taken me away from you for so long, especially during these most trying times of late.

Ironically, we were visiting family in the mountains of North Carolina and to make a long story short, their high speed cable connection went out shortly after our arrival and the cable company didn't offer a backup dial-up connection either. So, I was without the internet for the entire trip. Personally, I suspect Gamecatcher sabotage....

Thankfully, our Domestic Minister has been up to the challenge and filled in wondrously during my absence. Three cheers for Lord Octavian X.

While I have briefly reviewed the summaries of recent events, I will take considerable time today to delve more fully into the happenings of recent turns so that I may better carry out my duties for the remainder of the term.

Thank you and may the gods continue to look favorably on our great nation.

Top Bottom