Term 3 – Election for Governor of Priapos

Who will be the next Governor of Priapos?

• Gerikes

Votes: 21 75.0%
  • Tboy

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Furiey

No Longer Just Lurking
The Governor of Priapos is responsible for the care, management, and use of the city and may also setup a civic government in any manner they see fit that does not conflict with Fanatikos laws.

The Governor is a member of the Senate which is responsible for choosing a President should an election cycle complete with no citizen elected as President, and for placing Fanatikos in a state of Mobilization. The Senate also has the power to declare War.

Please vote for one of the following candidates:
Gerikes
Tboy​
Link to Nomination thread

This is a private poll, and will last for 3 days.

Citizens of Fanatikos,

Years ago, when this great city of Priapos was being founded, the people of this nation had been held close to the idea that a city must reach out as far as possible to utilize land. The exception was the city of Styx, which claimed upon it's settlement that it would be the "Gateway to the Deep Waters". With the construction of the first three cities using this land-usage paradigm, and the fourth already on the sea, most citizens offering plans for the last of the Five Great Cities did not dare offer a plan that would constrict it's land usage. Today, I'd like to take this time to remember the daring of Governor Provolution for not being part of that contingent. Instead, he offered up a plan that broke the mold and gave Priapos the ability to help this nation immediately; to give it a strong economic base during times where money would be needed. Now, as we rest upon the cusp of a revolution to a true Republic, the realization of greater economic gain has become a large focus of all Fanatikos, and will continue to be my focus if I am elected Governor.

If elected, I will work with the elected President as well as the other offices in hoping to ensure a coherent plan toward a proper mechanism for distributing the nations gold to the different offices. My goal is to allow each office to at least get an idea of how much gold they will be allowed in a given time frame, helping the planning of the nation.

As for the city itself, I hope to continue it's growth of production. I plan to make at least one worker this term and to convince the president to let us hold on to this worker, while still petitioning help from national army engineers for much-needed land-improvements as I see fit. My main duty will be micromanaging the citizen-worker efforts to make sure that we are concentrating on growth, production, commerce, or a balance of these in tune with the needs of the City and the Nation. The planning and micromanaging of these resources will be my primary mission throughout the term, rather than allowing the President to do these duties: a practice that I am harshly against. Not only does it add to the already overwhelming workload of the President, but also makes the city lose that much more power in the face of a possible conflict of interests.

Currently, Priapos is the only city in Fanatikos without a library. Scientists are saying that an increasing number of people are receiving education across the world. We realize that the Great Library in Civantonia will soon no longer be the center of the scientific world, and that Fanatikos will have to resort to a distributive collection of knowledge once again. I vow to make sure that Priapos has a library ready if is decided that the Great Library will cease operation

With a steady influx of citizens coming to Priapos, our main temple is getting overpopulated. Scientists are noting a trend that lead some to believe that a Monotheist cultural revolution may take place in the upcoming years. I hope to welcome this trend with starting the development of a Cathedral, with a prefabrication well planned to minimize time from the Monotheist cultural conversion height to the Cathedral's finish. Much of the timing is not in our power, as we are reliant on foreign influence.

These are simply my goals, but to say I will stick to them absolutely would be imprudent. Our nations military will soon be a much larger concern for all cities, and the building of military units could delay other plans. I would like as much as possible to make Priapos an economic capital, and to use our economic prowess to help aid any defense effort. However, if it comes to pass that the lack of military units being produced puts even a single city of Fanatikos in peril, I will not hasten sounding the call to mobilize our people in joining the fight with blood and body rather than gold.

The site of Priapos was realized through open-mindedness and careful planning. I characterize both of these traits in my daily life as a Citizen of Fanatikos, and hope to continue doing so as Governor of Priapos.

:bump:

figured a bump would help prevent this from getting lost in the slew of nomination threads...

I support Gerikes btw.

Looks like i've got serious competition. :)

My fellow Fanatiks, I come before you today to ask for your vote in the election for governor of the Great City of Priapos. Why vote for me, I hear you ask. Here is why:
I will turn Priapos into as much of a financial and growth center as practically possible. I will prioritize workers, financial, growth and often research buildings in Priapos. I will, however, not pursue this no matter what. I actively encourage citizens to offer their ideas for effective government of Priapos and the surrounding area. The more people that participate in it's governance, the better it will become.

Glory to Priapos! May prosperity and knowledge flow through it always.

Please, if you have any queries about my policies on anything, please post here.

I support Gerikes vision for Priapos, which fits very well into the overall vision of Fanatikos as well as the distinct role for that city as the national economic leader.

Honorable Gerikes

I will just warn you that some in the demogame community got an aversion to budgets, organization, doctrines, earmarked funds and overall in-depth planning. Instinctive and intuitive democracy is probably the alternative. So you may have a tough time convincing people that sophisticated planning is the way to go. So you may have a hard day persuading the populists on how to go.

Provolution said:
Honorable Gerikes

I will just warn you that some in the demogame community got an aversion to budgets, organization, doctrines, earmarked funds and overall in-depth planning. Instinctive and intuitive democracy is probably the alternative. So you may have a tough time convincing people that sophisticated planning is the way to go. So you may have a hard day persuading the populists on how to go.

Thank you for the heads up, although I hope I did not put my plan into the radical light you may think it is in.

I do not wish to create complex laws to budget every nickel and dime into a support pile, rather a general statement as to what, for example, the chances are that a city improvement might be able to get rushed (and how much a governor could expect). I'm not asking that the President decides to allow X amount of gold per city, W, Y, and Z for T&T, Defense, and FA offices. Rather, I would urge the President with Senate support to give simple guidelines such as "We will be spending a lot on military upgrades soon, don't expect any help in rushing anything", or "We will be looking for trades to increase our gold supply, therefore there are possibilities of small city improvement rushes this term", etc. These statements may only need to be made once per term, if they so fit the times.

I'd like to tell all those who feel squeemish about my earlier words retaining to a planned "distribution of the nation's gold supply" that this potential Freshmen Senate's hope is to give governers and other officials an idea, not a budget. I am most certain that this alone will be accomplished by either Presidential candidate, but if I do notice a extreme lack of decision making towards this end, I will not hesitate to push for at least a soundbyte to give us all direction.

Voted for Gerikes, while sitting in e school library :p

Top Bottom