Term 3 Judiciary: The more laws, the less justice

Well I hope this satisfies everyone who has an interest in this.

I feel that the CJ should appoint a PD pro tem to represent the President if the PD in office is not performing their duties.

At the moment there is no indication that the PD's absence is anything other than temporary. If the PD has not contributed to the JR within the time frame then I shall act in that role for this PI.

I would like to drop my PI against donsig. I did go a bit too far for a trivial matter. I will continue to ask that my instructions for laborers and build queues be followed as closely as possible, but he apparantly made an honest mistake. In the future, I will not go this far for minor offenses. However, I would like donsig to admit that he made a mistake with the build queues.

Also, please close the PI discussion thread.

Originally posted by Bootstoots
I would like to drop my PI against donsig. I did go a bit too far for a trivial matter. I will continue to ask that my instructions for laborers and build queues be followed as closely as possible, but he apparantly made an honest mistake. In the future, I will not go this far for minor offenses. However, I would like donsig to admit that he made a mistake with the build queues.

Also, please close the PI discussion thread.

Thank you. :)

Since this PI has been withdrawn, there is no further Judicial business as of this post. :)

Another PI, Droped. Oy, where is the world comming to.

I would like to call a Judicial Review on the ability of leaders to appoint deputies. Should a leader be allowed to appoint a deputy, with a confirmation poll, when the position of deputy becomes vacant and there is nobody to fill the position, or when it is unfilled during an election process? I am calling this because of Octavian's CoL proposals; I would like to find out if that is constitutional.

There has already been a Judicial Review on this issue.
Anyone who may be required to exercise constitutional power must be elected. Since Oct's proposals are not laws they are not relevant here. Sorry Boots. :)

@Peri - I think what boots might be talking about is if a Leader wins unopposed during the elections. In witch leaves the Leader, Deputyless.

I know what he means but the Consitution says what it says. Anyone who may be required to exercise constitutional power must be elected. It may need to be amended to sort this out.
I am sorry I cant be more help.

@Peri - Thank for your help anyway, I was kind of drifting out of the Judicary Dept after all this PI Fiascos. Now that the dust has settled, I would like to submit my application for Judicary Intern :).

Ok, I thought there had been reviews on it when I was in the Judiciary, but I wanted a reclarification. This review does not have to be completed as others have already occurred.

I would like to call a second Judicial Review. This has to do with a clarification of an article that was brought up during my recent PI. Here is the text of article C.2.a, the part to be clarified is in bold.
Code:
a. The Senate will be formed of the Provincial Governors, each 
         of whom are a Leader responsible for the [b]care, management [/b]
        and use  of the cities and [b]lands[/b] of a province.
What exactly does care and management mean? I included lands in bold as well because it appears that the only way to care for or manage lands is for the governors to have control over the workers of a land. How else can land be cared for or managed? Does the constitution allow governors to control worker actions, according to that clause?

The previous review #2/3 I believe gave a majority decision that Governors have ultimate authority within their province.

So myself and all other governors have ultimate authority over workers in our own province? Please review this, as Civanator posted something different in my PI of donsig, and authority over workers hasn't been reviewed yet. The constitution does say that we have control over the care and management of the lands in our province, so I would think that we have power over the workers, but I'll leave it up to the Judiciary to decide.

The review only covers the Domestic Leader so to make things transparent we will have a new review.

I know what he means but the Consitution says what it says. Anyone who may be required to exercise constitutional power must be elected. It may need to be amended to sort this out.
I am sorry I cant be more help.
no we dont need to ammend to sort this out. the deputy can appoint someone and run him/her through an acceptance poll like in dg1 without violating the constitution.
a acceptance poll also qualifies as election.

Last term's Judicial Review cant be ignored just because it is inconvenient. If people want to have a system where appointments are allowed then the people should put in in the rules. The people said that all officials have to be elected so that is the way it is until the people change it.

I would also like to add that this thread has an unbelievably large number of posts in it. it shows that people are more interested in bickering about rules than actually having fun playing the game.

Originally posted by Bootstoots
Ok, I thought there had been reviews on it when I was in the Judiciary, but I wanted a reclarification. This review does not have to be completed as others have already occurred.

I would like to call a second Judicial Review. This has to do with a clarification of an article that was brought up during my recent PI. Here is the text of article C.2.a, the part to be clarified is in bold.
Code:
a. The Senate will be formed of the Provincial Governors, each 
         of whom are a Leader responsible for the [b]care, management [/b]
        and use  of the cities and [b]lands[/b] of a province.
What exactly does care and management mean? I included lands in bold as well because it appears that the only way to care for or manage lands is for the governors to have control over the workers of a land. How else can land be cared for or managed? Does the constitution allow governors to control worker actions, according to that clause?

It is not the role of the Judiciary to limit the broad scope of the Constitution.
This article is not specific about the control and direction of workers, I suggest that this is an issue which requires the co operation between all parties to ensure that the provincial lands are managed and cared for.

Top Bottom