Term - 4 Presidential Thread: The Jade House

President CivGeneral,

I feel the need to remind you once again that you need to post the turnchat instruction thread. Please do so quickly because if the chat is going to be on Wednesday, our leaders and citizens need to know for sure.

Also, I am very concerned that during the past nineteen turns, our cities have not produced one mounted unit, though I do appreciate the fact that the existing units were upgraded. And while I know that you personally are not responsible for each province's individual build queues, it is up to you to determine whether each province is helping to meet all of our goals. You are the juggler. You need to speak out when you feel that the needs of the nation are not being met.

You have voiced your support for both the war against Egypt and the Size 12 Plan, yet none of our current build queues are pursuing these initiatives in a way that can be successful. As a citizen, there is only so much that I can do about this. These measures need the backing and enforcement of the President of Fanatica.

Finally, I would like to point out that we are reaching an age where irrigation of grasslands are of vital importance, as doing so can provide enough food for our laborers to work the mountain mines and give our cities an even balance of commerce and production. Yet there seem to be grassland mines as far as the eye can see. Please try to reverse this trend in a manner that takes our nations best interests to heart.

On the same topic, please take great care to ensure that you are working a tile that can even be used by one of our cities. I have noticed several fully worked tiles that will never become a part of any city radius. This is a waste of resources on par with replacing mines that should not have been there.

My apologies for making my grievances public, but these issues have been bothering me for quite some time. I am also a bit put off that I am the first to address some of them. Please look into all of these matters as soon as possible.

Respectfully,

Donovan Zoi
Concerned Citizen

It looks as though the Pres is away. Would the Vice-President please scedule the next game play session and start a game play instruction thread?

I'm not sure he can - we don't have any guidelines on absentee officials.

Gee, hasn't that been pointed out as a problem? Nah, couldn't be. Someone surely would have fixed it by now.

-- Ravensfire

Originally posted by ravensfire
I'm not sure he can - we don't have any guidelines on absentee officials.

Gee, hasn't that been pointed out as a problem? Nah, couldn't be. Someone surely would have fixed it by now.

-- Ravensfire

Why is it a problem? Isn't the whole freaking point of having a vice-president so that he can step in when the President is AWOL? Do you people need a rule to tell you when to go to the bathroom? Come on, the Pres isn't around let's get this show moving again!

donsig,

There are several rather picky rules-lawyers here. You should know about that. Like it or not (and I don't), that's the current environment we operate under.

I don't know why you've gotten rather angst-ridden recently, but good grief, back off. Your point has been made - there is no reason to continue flogging the horse.

-- Ravensfire

No reason to continue flogging the horse? Does that mean a game play instruction thread has been opened and I can do my job and post Capitoline build queues? Please post a link to that thread as I can't find it.

Yeah, there are picky rules-lawyer types out there. So what. Are we going to let them ruin the game? The president is AWOL so the VP can and should step up and post a game play instruction thread. If it ain't done soon then I'll do it.

Originally posted by donsig
If it ain't done soon then I'll do it.

Valid points. I'm going to create one, and I'm going to assume that it's going to happen tomorrow, as per the normal schedule that CG has created.

Turn Chat Instructions

This is based on the assumption that the regular schedule will be followed.

-- Ravensfire

Dear Mr. President,

There are currently two game play instruction threads opened.

Here is the original.

Here is the later one.

One is for Wednesday, one is for Sunday. Why is this? Has today's session been cancelled? I see no reason to delay the game. If you are unable to play then let the VP play so we can continue the game.

Governor donsig

donsig,

Reading through the threads, the turn chat is scheduled for tomorrow. CG has requested that the title of his thread be changed to indicate this.

In addition, in the original thread I created, the VP had indicated that the tc would happen on Thursday. DZ agreed to this, stipulating that CG had until that time to overrule this decision. That has been done.

Once the requests in Needed Things are completed, things will be more obvious.

-- Ravensfire

Well, One of these game play instruction threads needs to be closed unless the President plans to use both. With two game play instruction threads out there how are our leaders to know which one to post instructions in.

So, when is the game play session anyway?

donsig,

Read through Needed Things. As I mentioned in my post, there is a request to close one of them. Be patient, it will happen.

Also, as I mentioned, CG set the date and time in his thread. He goofed, and put the title as Sunday. He has also posted a request in Needed Things (right above mine) to change the title to Thursday.

It's all in there, you just have to look.

-- Ravensfire

Originally posted by ravensfire
donsig,

Read through Needed Things. As I mentioned in my post, there is a request to close one of them. Be patient, it will happen.

Also, as I mentioned, CG set the date and time in his thread. He goofed, and put the title as Sunday. He has also posted a request in Needed Things (right above mine) to change the title to Thursday.

It's all in there, you just have to look.

-- Ravensfire

And I have also posted in needed things to have the original thread left opened and the later one closed. There is no rule or anything that mandates that the President has to open the game play instruction thread. There will be times when the president is unavailable and we should not have to put everything on hold. Opening the second instruction thread was well intended I'm sure but was a bad precedent and it should not have been done!

Dear Mr. President,

There is more to your job than simply showing up twice a week to play the save. I find your recent tardiness in posting game play instruction threads to be apalling. On top of that you wander back in here after we've opened a game play instruction thread and open another one that was in no way needed. Please have your late game play instruction thread closed and the original one re-opened.

Governor donsig

donsig, Ravensfire - I have closed the original thread, and stickied the one posted by our President. I am sorry that I didn't see your concerns earlier, donsig. I may have given the matter more thought. However, this was the easiest way to get the game back on track.

CivGeneral (when and if you read this) - From this point forward, please post your instruction threads in a timely matter. If you feel that you cannot do so, then please give us your turnchat schedule for the rest of the term. Doing so will at least give our citizens someplace to find this information.

Mr President:

I am disappointed that given the amount of uncertainty regarding our plans for a war with Egypt that you did not delay the game play session. I think playing the game at this time would be unwise.

The only uncertainty seems to be coming from donsig, although he has enough for all of us. ;) I feel that we should proceed as planned.

Mr. President - please take an active part in the discussions taking place in the Citizens Forum. Our people are beginning to feel that they are stowaways on a rudderless ship. The best thing you can do to give direction to our great land. We desperately need it right now.

Once again, Mr. President, I implore you. Read all the discussions and post your feelings, or let the void between yourself and your people grow wider. It's your choice.

@ Donovan Zoi - while I believe most citizens want to take the Egyptian cities, the uncertainty lies in the fact that we seem to have no consensus on what size force we need, which cites are going to build it, and in what time frame the force will be ready. I have already posted twice in the discussion how we can have 26 Cav and (4 or 6) Muskets in 8 turns, but nobody has commented on it.

Please see the new discussion thread which will resolve the delay one way or the other in time for the TC following the one being held tomorrow.

Originally posted by Donovan Zoi
The only uncertainty seems to be coming from donsig, although he has enough for all of us. ;) I feel that we should proceed as planned.

There's no uncertainty on my part. I'm sure you're all wrong. :D

Top Bottom