Term 8 Foreign Affairs Ministry

eyrei

Deity
Retired Moderator
Please use this thread to bring attention to FA issues. Currently, I still need a deputy, though I did manage to get through last term without one.

For a change, the FA ministry will support very beneficial military actions that require a reputation hit, in order to facilitate our military conquest of the world.

I'll sign up for a deputy posistion. :)

BTW, I would like spies in France and China, just to make the request official. Also, there has been a lot of talk about war with France.

Please consider this peace renegotiation deal as it would bring Greece into the war with France. (the MPP is optional)

Greece - Peace Renegotiation

EXPORT: MPP, Dyes, Incense, Motorized Transportation
IMPORT: MPP, 386gpt, 969g

We would also need an ROP deal with England.

Englad:

EXPORT: ROP
IMPORT: ROP, 8gpt

I'd also like that spy with France and China...

England is vital for the southern cities.

Originally posted by Chieftess
Please consider this peace renegotiation deal as it would bring Greece into the war with France. (the MPP is optional)

Greece - Peace Renegotiation

EXPORT: MPP, Dyes, Incense, Motorized Transportation
IMPORT: MPP, 386gpt, 969g

We would also need an ROP deal with England.

Englad:

EXPORT: ROP
IMPORT: ROP, 8gpt

I'd also like that spy with France and China...

England is vital for the southern cities.

Signing a MPP with Greece and giving them the means to take French cities seems counterproductive to me, as we will have to take those cities soon anyway, and it will be easier to take them from France than from Greece.

I also see little reason to sign a RoP with England, since we can certainly attack the French without one. Once we are done with France, we could take a few turns to destroy England before proceeding to Greece and Persia.

I also see little reason to sign a RoP with England, since we can certainly attack the French without one. Once we are done with France, we could take a few turns to destroy England before proceeding to Greece and Persia.
An ROP with England will cut the turns and casualties needed to conquer France by half or more (please reference Military Affairs for current plans). It also gives us the option of moving on Persia or Greece if political alliances turn against us.

Feodor :borg:

We could use the French ROP to move some troops into the clear spots down south before we attack, but upon the offline preturn scouting, France does have infantry in each city.

Also, what about the war and spies (France and China)? What if the spy doesn't trigger war? I need the official word before the turn chat...

It will also let us squash England in a turn or two if we decide to go that way.
Using a railroad we built ourselves . . . bbwwhhhaaaa!

There is a key junction point down south where you can cut off France from it's reserve saltpeter and oil by pillaging two squares. Also, if you can get a commando into Greece, there is another rubber source in eastern France that may become active.

With infantry in every city, it will take lots of arillery and armor to dig the French out. However, we should be able to take out their field army and productive capacity in about 4 turns.

Would we be willing to have a unit there beforehand? We have an ROP deal with France now, and I doubt we'll be needing ROP deals again.

Heck yeah. Park an infantry on every resource and luxury you can see. Standard tactics when you have an ROP. That way if anything happens and you end up at war with them you destroy their happiness and production possibilities immediately.

They are communist... but denies trade of that resource/lux nevertheless...

Lets plan for that. We can use a throw-away explorer or something permanent, like a couple of infantry corps (3 per stack)

Hmm, I haven't seen any official word on the spies, and French war. I guess the discussion in the forums is enough?

Hmm... RoP abuse. That one would need some more discussion. If we were to abuse an RoP, I'd go for China, the larger (and more jungle ridden) nation.

In completely unrelated news, I would like to post an application for the Deputy position.

Since CT is president, I will choose Octavian for FA Deputy. Now, if I could just remember what sort of approval I need...I think it is a citizen poll.

The war with France is prepped and ready, but we need the FA to give us a casus belli. A poll to authorize, actually.

Top Bottom