Terrain Texture Enhancement 2k

If you're using texture enhancement pack + R.E.D. Modpack or FlagPromotions , than it's high possibility of CTD's. So I disable leader heads to get every bit of extra ram available. Civilization 5 is a 32 bit game

For now, I had no CTD

I don't think I'm gonna use this mod for now but thanks ! ( By the way I already have faster aircrafts animations :thumbsup: )
OK, it's just that the advantage is the civs that are hidden in fog of war, every unit they move, every battle that is fought is animated which slows down the wait between turns. Disabling that greatly improves turn speed in late game.

How can I modify this so that the brown grassland doesn't look like plains?

OK, it's just that the advantage is the civs that are hidden in fog of war, every unit they move, every battle that is fought is animated which slows down the wait between turns. Disabling that greatly improves turn speed in late game.

Oh, I'm probably gonna use it so :lol:

How can I modify this so that the brown grassland doesn't look like plains?
I'm still interested. I could modify them myself but it might not blend in well with the other textures. I'm no artist.
Hello guys. I've been gone a long time, but I haven't forgotten you. What do you think of this as a Christmas present? :mischief:

I hope you'll like it. I am finished with the grassland and the plain. Currently I am looking at the desert. What do you think, is it too rustic?

Just click the image to get to the original size..

I hope you'll like it. I am finished with the grassland and the plain. Currently I am looking at the desert. What do you think, is it too rustic?
It blends well with the other new examples from the perspective I'm looking at it from.There is consistency, much sharper detail now. Is snow and tundra a plan also?

It blends well with the other new examples from the perspective I'm looking at it from.There is consistency, much sharper detail now. Is snow and tundra a plan also?
I guess I will release the grassland, plain and desert tiles, before I look at the other textures. It's always a balance between a crispy look that promises more detail (it pretends, but there isn't) and a smoother look that reflects more calm.

@All: Version 12 is up! I am looking forward to your replies. I wish you a Merry Christmas or whatever you like to celebrate.

Last edited:
I appreciate the crisper like textures because it reminds me of the many hours I have spent in another turn-based game, homm3. I attached them as well as original Firaxis from cbp Wikia for comparison.

Are the plains brownish tint in this screenshot or does it differentiate depending on what terrain is in proximity to it?

Do you plan on changing Marsh, Atoll, Flood Plains, Ice, Lakes and Oasis? Are Forest and Jungle still stock?

What max zoom level do you recommend for playthrough?

Edit: added additional images

Attachments

• terrain_from_homm3.png
    terrain_from_homm3.png
    185.8 KB · Views: 235
  • tte2k_v12.png
    tte2k_v12.png
    950.6 KB · Views: 301
  • _20181220_230044.JPG
    _20181220_230044.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
I appreciate the crisper like textures because it reminds me of the many hours I have spent in another turn-based game, homm3. I attached them as well as original Firaxis from cbp Wikia for comparison.
Thank you, I'm glad you like it.
Are the plains brownish tint in this screenshot or does it differentiate depending on what terrain is in proximity to it?
If You play a real world map, you will notice that the tiles differ on landmass. If you have a look at my texture pack, you can see that there are tiles for Africa, Asia, Europe and America. I have dyed them according to the original textures. If you play a random map, the overall look can differ - in a positive or negative way, because you can have an Asian tile next to an European tile.
Do you plan on changing Marsh, Atoll, Flood Plains, Ice, Lakes and Oasis?
Marsh, Ice is already in the pack. I didn't find any textures for Atoll, Flood Plains and Oasis. If you provide them, I am open to do it. I don't see the point of improving them.
Are Forest and Jungle still stock?
If you mean with "stock" that the 3D models still look the same as before? Yes they are, because from my point of view it makes no sense to increase the texture quality for them.
What max zoom level do you recommend for playthrough?
The most important thing for me is, to play in native resolution, that is 4k on my side. Unfortunately you need good glasses to see any peace of UI. So if you are at HD or WQHD play in your native resolution!

I have high expectations about the look of a game, so it wouldn't matter to Civilization what level I'm looking at the game. Civ is not Crysis. My zoom-level differs: while maintaining my empire, I have a zoomed-out level and when I am at war, I zoom-in for immersion.

I find that the textures make a good impression at every stage. You shouldn't concentrate too much on such details, but rather enjoy the game. :lol: :xmascheers:

Thank you, I'm glad you like it.
Marsh, Ice is already in the pack. I didn't find any textures for Atoll, Flood Plains and Oasis. If you provide them, I am open to do it. I don't see the point of improving them.

If you mean with "stock" that the 3D models still look the same as before? Yes they are, because from my point of view it makes no sense to increase the texture quality for them.
The most important thing for me is, to play in native resolution, that is 4k on my side. Unfortunately you need good glasses to see any peace of UI. So if you are at HD or WQHD play in your native resolution!
Code:
Minimum Zoom Level = 11.000000
What I was speaking of specifically was zoom level in regards to the terrain close or far in config.ini. Maybe my default is too close and 12 or 13 would be more appropriate.
I have been playing with an edited Oasis that I plan to use as Rice if I can get it working correctly
I couldn't find the relevant Oasis he was speaking of in this thread unfortunately. If you ever decide to look at changing trees, this is a collection made by @Horem a while back that has some artwork: Apple, Pine, Mahogany, Oak & Beech (Lumber), Mango, Coconut, Cacao, Rubber.

https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/horems-tree-collection.22592/
There are a few DDS files that I want to put into the game along with a few others made by Zyxpsilon, attached below are images in PNG format for viewing.

I have loose files override enabled and placed them into the Assets folder individually but this doesn't seem to work so it seems the only way is to load through VFS import.
Code:
LooseFilesOverridePAK = 1

Unrelated to terrain, is it possible to add a section for Roads & Rails to the modpack? Or if not for everyone, than just an explanation of how to do it myself to ensure incorporation into the correct spot for loading.

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/change-vp-options.620079/page-5#post-15309300

Last edited:
Code:
Minimum Zoom Level = 11.000000
What I was speaking of specifically was zoom level in regards to the terrain close or far in config.ini. Maybe my default is too close and 12 or 13 would be more appropriate.
Ah OK, I never played with this setting. It was cool in Anno 2070 to really zoom-in, but here it is not. You should definitely turn on Ambient Occlusion.
I couldn't find the relevant Oasis he was speaking of in this thread unfortunately. If you ever decide to look at changing trees, this is a collection made by @Horem a while back that has some artwork: Apple, Pine, Mahogany, Oak & Beech (Lumber), Mango, Coconut, Cacao, Rubber.
Thank you, I already have made some textures for Skyrim's trees. Maybe I will have a look again to those trees.. My graphics card is bored.
Unrelated to terrain, is it possible to add a section for Roads & Rails to the modpack? Or if not for everyone, than just an explanation of how to do it myself to ensure incorporation into the correct spot for loading.
If you are working with textures it doesn't matter in which folder a texture is moved. You can add the texture to on of my folders of the DLC or add your own folder and add the folder to the TTE_2k.Civ5Pkg

If you are working with textures it doesn't matter in which folder a texture is moved. You can add the texture to on of my folders of the DLC or add your own folder and add the folder to the TTE_2k.Civ5Pkg
Roads & Rails imported and everything looks great. The other questions I have is about .DDS files in general that aren't "textures". I am interested in some art from z-ui assets.
If I place some of the UI files into the DLC folder to be imported, in-game will it work the same as with textures?

https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/z-ui_recoloring-assets_bnw.22985/

Attachments

• dds.png
    dds.png
    125.8 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Roads & Rails imported and everything looks great. If I place some of the UI files into the DLC folder to be imported, in-game will it work the same as with textures?
Wonderful. I only use it for my textures, so no I can not help you.

I think this farm's having a great Christmas...

Top Bottom