[TOT] TES The Stormcloak Rebellion -Alpha opened

@Fairline , @Tanelorn , @CurtSibling and others, may I ask for your help with the graphical remains ?

Truth is, I see two missing graphic parts at the moment :
On the one side, I can't figure how to build proper dwemer units (namely, their animunculi the dwemer spider, the dwemer sphere and the dwemer centurion), leading in ugly stuff to delete fast.

Hopefully one of those guys is a big Elder Scrolls fan haha. I'm a big TES fan but my pixel art skills are just nowhere near up to the task of making Dwemer units that match the quality of your other units made by those guys sadly! That's why most of my scenarios are MGE (low colours and less pixels) and use assets ripped from other 2D or 2.5D games haha.

Speaking of which.. worse case scenario if no one can help, well I'm trying to remember if there's been some 2D or 2.5D isometric Elder Scrolls universe mobile games over the last 20 years?? If so there might be some rippable assets.

It would be great to build a layer for dwemer underground cities

OMG that would be epic!!!

I really hope you finish this project. I don't get excited about many "fantasy" scenarios, but after playing Skyrim for as long as I have, dear goodness I'm excited about this!!!

Sorry bothering you, @Prof. Garfield ,
Does that feature needs anything for the user to add to its install or is it fully implanted within the mod file and the "basic" Totpp install ?

The Custom Music Patch will always require the end user to install it, since it involves overwriting files in the Test of Time\Music directory. However, the reference scenario events that I provided were set up so that the scenario would work (without the music) if the Custom Music Patch wasn't installed. However, I should probably integrate that into the Lua Scenario Template. I can do that sooner rather than later if you want it for a specific project.

For that matter, you should probably let @TheNamelessOne know that you are interested in adding custom music to a scenario. I did suggest to him to add the functionality directly to the TOTPP, but with the caveat that I didn't know of anyone looking to take advantage of that particular feature.

Hopefully one of those guys is a big Elder Scrolls fan haha. I'm a big TES fan but my pixel art skills are just nowhere near up to the task of making Dwemer units that match the quality of your other units made by those guys sadly! That's why most of my scenarios are MGE (low colours and less pixels) and use assets ripped from other 2D or 2.5D games haha.

Speaking of which.. worse case scenario if no one can help, well I'm trying to remember if there's been some 2D or 2.5D isometric Elder Scrolls universe mobile games over the last 20 years?? If so there might be some rippable assets..
I tried playing with some generic steampunk or dwemer fortress sprites like I did with fairline, tanelorn, catfish, and others' art to build the units and lands used thus far.
Nothing more convincing than that half done spider

and couldn't come up with anything for centurions nor spheres. :(

I really hope you finish this project. I don't get excited about many "fantasy" scenarios, but after playing Skyrim for as long as I have, dear goodness I'm excited about this!!!
I had ideas in this pausing time to bring some rpg gameplay using lua.
I refrained from pursuing it to concentrate on the faction point of view of this project first.

The Custom Music Patch will always require the end user to install it, since it involves overwriting files in the Test of Time\Music directory. However, the reference scenario events that I provided were set up so that the scenario would work (without the music) if the Custom Music Patch wasn't installed. However, I should probably integrate that into the Lua Scenario Template. I can do that sooner rather than later if you want it for a specific project.

For that matter, you should probably let @TheNamelessOne know that you are interested in adding custom music to a scenario. I did suggest to him to add the functionality directly to the TOTPP, but with the caveat that I didn't know of anyone looking to take advantage of that particular feature.
Much thanks. i won't bother any of you with that, and there's no urgency. :)

It can thus be a lore addition someday in the form of a mod patch, once the project is finished and it would be implemanted by default for the user.

@Dadais
I'd love to help, and am familiar with the Elder Scrolls games, but I have a new job and 2D commissions to complete, so I doubt I will be doing much Civ2 GFX work until spring 2022.

Maybe in a few months I will be around to help with any pixel items you need created.

But best of luck with the scenario, and keep going!

I'd just echo it - don't let the art stop you - put in placeholders. Once finished, you'll find many dabble with your work anyway and offer their upgrades up for consideration.

Here will there be the placeholders then. Please don't laugh too much !
exemple.png

Much thanks. Hopefully they'll see some amazing upgrade someday thanks to our master unit creators !

Took little time to upgrade/correct some last land graphic, namely rocky plains so they're more coast-friendly and a low-grade dwemer underground proposition.
exemple.png

Now altering the .txt files.

Attachments

• exemple.png
    exemple.png
    1 MB · Views: 24
Can I ask how you envision this scenario playing out? I know you've mentioned that you are focusing on the factions more so than an RPG at this time. Is this going to be somewhat comparable to the old Jules Verne scenario, where there were a few factions fighting for dominance, but there were also all sorts of "quests," or are you going for something different?

Can I ask how you envision this scenario playing out? I know you've mentioned that you are focusing on the factions more so than an RPG at this time. Is this going to be somewhat comparable to the old Jules Verne scenario, where there were a few factions fighting for dominance, but there were also all sorts of "quests," or are you going for something different?
This scenario shall mainly see the struggle between Stormcloaks and Imperials other Skyrim.
On the other hand, I intend to instigate a third strong playable option with reachmen.

Other slots may be used by -The Neutral forces-, -The Thalmor- for special instances (I finally rejected them from beeing playable, considering their lack of true possible action on the field), -The Wild-, -Savages- and the barbs beeing used for animals, falmers, Dwemer and bandits encouters, considering those enclosed to a map or not.

The rough idea is to use many technologies as "quests-like" or "political-like" events markers, while from the faction point of views.
Per exemple, having a fight for the Jagged Crown and who got it. Probably a Red Eagle quest too ...

Raising events from locations exploration shall also be a point.

One shall play here a faction.
On the other hand, this could be used later on (or right now by anyone else) as a base to build some Rpg or Guild-Like playthrough using Lua to its full potential.

Well, I hope 2022 is the year I become completely engrossed in this scenario, as it sounds great!

Working on the .txt file, reorganized the units.bmp considering special slot and production order in cities.
On the way, realised some units were missing, and in the way some upgrades could be tried.

exemple.png

Here are propositions so for
Forest Wolves, Wolves, Snow Wolves, Chaurus Hunters, Mamoths, variation of the Milicians and the Draugr Lord

2/3 of the unit section of the Describe.txt is done.

Not used to alter this file, I guess it's important with that scenario, considering the special lore.

It's a major pain but adds to the immersion for sure, and is more or less necessary if you're having Lua change any of the unit attributes.

Unit section of the Describe.txt is done.

Guess it wouldn't be a loss to give description to terrains too.
Howether, I yet don't see how to figure the added map's lands description.

I'll try and give a glance on other scenario to look for it :D
/edit: ToT Midgard rules shows it well, great !

Last edited:
terrain section of Describe.txt is done.
units and terrain section of rules.txt is done (awaiting for balancing corrections later)
Cosmics2, government and difficulty levels of rules.txt are done.

units.bmp (as some terrain file) saw little additions. Here it is at the moment :
units.png

Improvements and Wonders got defined.

"*" may not be used, as I don't have much idea on their uses.

Spoiler Improvements :
Palace - Command Center
Barracks*
Granary - Inn
Temple - Temple
MarketPlace - General Store
Library - Court Stewart
Courthouse - Prison
City Walls - Fortification
Aqueduct - House District
Bank - Stables - Fortification
Cathedral - Meadery
University - Court Nobility
Mass Transit - Farm Pets
Colosseum - Guard Barracks
Factory - Forge
Manufacturing Plant - Foundry
SDI Defense - Giant Ward Device
Recycling Center - Beggars Hall
Power Plant*
Hydro Plant*
Nuclear Plant*
Stock Exchange - Warehouses
Sewer System - Clans District
Supermarket - Grain Mill
Superhighways - Tax Hall
Research Lab - Court Mage
SAM Missile Battery*
Coastal Fortress*
Solar Plant - Sawmill
Harbor - Fish Hatchery
Offshore Platform*
Airport -Guildmage Gate*
Police Station - Alchemy Store
Port Facility*

Spoiler Wonders :
Pyramids - Candlehearth Hall
Hanging Gardens - Black Briard Meadery
Colossus - East Empire Company
Lighthouse - Mistveil Keep
Great Library - Ysmir Collective
Oracle - Temple Of Talos
Great Wall - Jorrvaskr
Sun Tzu's War Academy - Sovngarde Soul Teachings
King Richard's Crusade - Cidhna Mine
Marco Polo's Embassy - Thalmor Embassy
Michelangelo's Chapel - Northwatch Prison
Copernicus' Observatory - Blue Palace
Magellan's Expedition - Eastern Docks
Shakespeare's Theatre - The Ratway
Leonardo's Workshop - Understone Keep
J. S. Bach's Cathedral - Temple Of The Divines
Isaac Newton's College - The Palace Of Kings
Adam Smith's Trading Co. - Treasury House
Darwin's Voyage - Soul Cairn Portal
Statue of Liberty - DarkBrotherhood Sanctuary
Eiffel Tower - High Hrothgar Monastry
Women's Suffrage - Honorhall Orphanage
Hoover Dam - Skyforge
Manhattan Project*
United Nations*
Apollo Program*
SETI Program - Dragonsreach
Cure for Cancer - Bards College

If you have ideas on revisions or uses for leftovers, you're welcome.
Next will be improvements and wonders section of describe.txt and altering the icon files.

Top Bottom