1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

[TOT] TES The Stormcloak Rebellion -Alpha opened

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Scenario Creation' started by Dadais, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Blake00

Blake00 Emperor Supporter

Not sure if this will help but I had a very similar challenge with the Heroes of Might & Magic Civ2 mod I worked on with Metro. Like Skyrim HoMM is a magical fantasy medieval game so finding buildings, artifacts and spells that matched up to Civ2's buildings and wonders was not easy.. but in the end we found or invented ones for all of them and every single Civ2 building has survived in our mod... maybe you'll get some more ideas from our list:
    https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...-of-might-and-magic.6127/page-3#post-15481858

Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
    Dadais likes this.
  2. JPetroski

JPetroski Deity

Wasn't there a situation in Skyrim where a college or something blew up? You could use the Nuclear Power Plant for that - if you don't have certain technology, there's a chance of a melt down. You might use this to get that explosion effect randomly.

The Apollo Program might be useful if you acquired a technology that allowed you to "ride" dragons and suddenly get a birds eye view of everything, but it's only really necessary if all the locations on the map aren't visible from the start (frankly, I do think this scenario might do well with a bit of exploration in it, but it's a chore to do for sure).

Dadais likes this.
  3. Dadais

Dadais Prince

Sure it helps !
    "Docks" and "Tower Roof" shall be added. :D

Much thanks !
    Nuclear Plant could be used for a "Magnus Crisis" to solve (or not) indeed. Good Idea there.
    Hoooooo and I was gonna stupidly reveal all the maps just like that using scenario parameters to every player !

YOU're right !!!
    I shall explore some roads at the beginning depending on factions and leave the rest to players !

Howether .... guess Apollo won't be used to preserve that exploration part.

Much thanks to you too !!

4. Prof. Garfield

Prof. Garfield Deity Supporter

I'm pretty sure that nuclear plants only meltdown if the city is in disorder. Of course, that is easy to trigger with Lua when the time comes. I don't know if it is guaranteed, or there is simply a chance of meltdown.

5. Blake00

Hey check these out! I did some searches and found all sorts of Elder Scrolls universe buildings in other TES games like TES Online and the mobile Blades game.

Huuuuge building list:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Category:Online-Places-Buildings

Religious building list:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Houses_of_Worship

Blades buildings:
    https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Blades:_Buildings

Also you may find it interesting that the Apollo project and spaceship parts were changed into a cool Dragon building/breeding mode in the Game of Thrones mod for MGE. I'm thinking about 'borrowing it' for my HoMM2 mod haha.
    https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...-thrones-edition-total-conversion-mod.667498/

Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
    Dadais likes this.
  6. Dadais

Dadais Prince

Much thanks guys.

With Wells, Tannery, Dwemer machinery, Tower roof and Docks, we're ok on buildings. :) .
    Let's go with their describe and art now.

Blake00 likes this.
  7. Dadais

Dadais Prince

Wonder section of Describe.txt is done.
    Improvement beeing done.

By the way, I can't find where to change the population number displayed by the game ?

The "million" for demographics in Labels.txt is easily changed into "thousand".
    Yet, what for the number displayed on the city screen please ?

To be more precise, at the bottom of this page, I'd like this 10K people increment per 1 population to become 10 people :D

Last edited: Dec 19, 2021
  8. JPetroski

JPetroski Deity

I wasn't aware that this could be changed (within the city itself), or at least I've never heard of anyone doing it. But then again, it must be somewhere?

9. Blake00

10. Prof. Garfield

Try saving as a scenario. It looks like that population number in the city disappears if the game is a scenrio. At least, that explanation is consistent with all the observations I've made.

My scenario expertise is confined to Lua. Otherwise, my knowledge is only as good as my detective abilities (and occasionally memory of trivia that I've not personally used).

11. Dadais

Dadais Prince

Just tested with "dungeon" scenario (use of Wesnoth units looks great !).
    It seems to still be there. :/
    exemple.png

12. Prof. Garfield

I was using the MGE style city screen, where population is displayed along the top border. I didn't think of the other city window version.

Dadais likes this.
  13. Dadais

Dadais Prince

Improvement and Wonder sections of Describe.txt are done.
    .bmp for wonders are done too.
    10 .bmp for improvement are left to be done.

Prepared some ripped graphs to work on city.bmp and dialog.bmp, to see if I may bring something out of it.

14. Dadais

Dadais Prince

Icons.bmp and Improvements.bmp are done with great contribution from RoN art.
    On the other side, bigger pictures are given InGame screen.
    exemple.png

15. Dadais

Dadais Prince

Arf.

Messed with something, guess in rules.txt.
    Games crash on load.

Time to look into rules.txt to find the issue :'((

16. JPetroski

JPetroski Deity

It's a pain. Just copy and paste small sections until you find the culprit (there used to be some utility that would show you the line but I haven't been able to locate it in a bit).

Dadais likes this.
  17. Blake00

Heh well you've saved my bacon a bunch of times on non-lua stuff so I just assumed you were a guru of all things haha. ;)
    Wow... those are some great pics.. they're gonna look really good in-game!

Dadais likes this.
  18. Dadais

Dadais Prince

Culprit is retricted to units.
    Guess it must be one of the few lasted added (eg an "eye" for map exploration before scenario save only).

Had my suspicion yet didn't see the issue from afar. Reintroducing units little by little shall reveal it indeed.
    Hope so. I tried touching the city.bmp, yet didn't see any change in game.
    Abandonned then this part.

19. JPetroski

JPetroski Deity

Is city.bmp the one for the actual city screen? That might be one of the art files you need to put in a main game folder (after backing up the original of course). I cant remember if it goes in the highest level folder or whatever "type" of game you used to build the scenario [ex. Sci fi).

20. Dadais

Dadais Prince

You must be right indeed.
    Not something I'm willing to do. So be it.

Rules.txt issue fixed.
    A comma inserted itself in the middle of it, far from last changes, dunno how or when !