1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

TETurkhan Test of Time (Map & Mod)

Discussion in 'Civ3 - User-created Maps' started by TETurkhan, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Tommy Sieve

Tommy Sieve Chieftain

Persia owns!

2. Midnight-Blue766

Midnight-Blue766 The filidh that cam frae Skye

Can this mod be played on vanilla Civilization III?

3. Midnight-Blue766

Hello anyone?

4. Mithadan

Mithadan Wandering Woodsman

I don't know the answer to your question (have never looked into this mod), but hopefully somebody else does.

5. Daniel Khan

Daniel Khan Bail Baby Bail

No, you need at least PTW.

6. wurkwurk

wurkwurk Chieftain

O Teturkhan, O Teturkhan...until the day I die I will wait for version 2.0...I will never forget...

7. KingBen

KingBen Chieftain

Something stops the one with civs from starting. It comes up but just before I can do anything it says it can't find Dionysius art file or something of the like. help?

8. Maimonides

Maimonides Emperor

You're missing a file somehow. If you're using the version that came with PTW, reinstall PTW. If you're using the latest version, redownload it.

9. KingBen

KingBen Chieftain

ok thanks. I got the english version of Civ III, and it came with PTW on the same disk. does that change anything?

10. Ninja Dude

Ninja Dude Sorry, I wasn't listening...

If you download the latest version of this, will it take the place of the default PTW version? Or will you have the option to play both?

11. Maimonides

Maimonides Emperor

Just reinstall the disk. That should clear it up.

If it doesn't, then I'd guess that you are using an foreign language operating system that doesn't understand the English version of the game. If that's the case, you'll need to match 'em up.

It will only take the place of the original version if it has the same file name. IIRC, the latest version has a different file name so you will be able to play either.

12. CIV_FANATIC2011

CIV_FANATIC2011 Chieftain

You should make it with every major country and just add a whole bunch more air and sea units! I love the scenario!! Very accurate:goodjob:

13. Midnight-Blue766

Now that I have Civilization III complete, I found Test of Time in the Scenario list. But now I have a problem: every time I attack a city sucessfully, my soldiers destroy it! How can I stop them from doing that so I can conquor a city?

14. Servus

Servus Chieftain

A size one town with no improvements will often be destroyed by the capturing troops as a game mechanic, nothing can be done to alter this.
    Should not be happening with larger towns/cities unless you choose yes once the city captured dialogue box appears.

15. Midnight-Blue766

Question: Where which file is the "World Map and Cities" for Conquests?

16. Midnight-Blue766

Hello anyone?

17. Patoz

Patoz Warlord

idk the answer to your question and u shouldn't really expect much reply this thread is way old and its always bumped from time to time but then it dies as sudden as it re appeared check the post dates ;)

18. Maimonides

Maimonides Emperor

There is no version for Conquests. The latest version is for PTW. Teturkhan was working on the Conquests version when he vanished several months ago.:cry:

A version was included in the PTW release so, if you have Conquests, you have it in the PTW scenarios file. Just go to Civ Content on the start-up screen & scroll down to the PTW .bix scenarios to find it. The most recent version is available for download here. A link to it is somewhere in this huge thread.

It is an old thread & the modder has vanished, but there are lots of us who still love this mod.

19. Patoz

Patoz Warlord

lol now i get your question :D(stupid me) and btw some guy was working on converting it into conquest i think, check like 1 or 2 pages back

and yes a lot of people love this mod but the thread and the mod dont get much attention any more, save for the occasional bump...just like this ;) :bump:

20. Ozymandias

Ozymandias I saw the Great Library burn.

I've done some significant work on Tet's map to accommodate my 1071 CE mod (with historical starting locations for that time slot). I'll post it in a month or so - sorry for the delay, but I figure some hope is better than none. :)

Best,

Oz