TETurkhan Test of Time (Map & Mod)

This is great!!! ToT was the first mod I played on Civ3. I still play it periodically when I have the time. I eagerly await any updates/scenarios for it.

sorry im double posting but i have a problem

i dl the patches for the awesome :D mode but when i click on it it dosent send it files to the folder where my civi3 is and its only ptw i move the files to the correct folder but nothing happens

so my question is is the mode for ptw only or conquest too and if something is wrong with it or am i doing something wrong when i try to install it??

I don't know what the problem could be.

The files should be heading towards your CIV3PTW\Scenarios folder.

Maybe try downloading it again?

And this mod is only for PTW, no conquests version has been made at this point in time :)

cool thx men im reinstalling the game again sigh but the dl patches they direct the files to programfiles/Infogrames Interactive and it docent change even if i re dl them im gonna try to manualy move them from that folder

is the mode creator even working on it or is it a scraped project??

Where do the files actually end up if you let it install to where it wants to install to?

And the creator came back a few months ago, but has since seemed to disappear again.

C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\CIV3PTW\Scenarios\TETurkhan idk how to change that so they go directly to the game folder is that even possible??

edit: nvm lol worked this time heh no crashing :D ty anyway

ps TET dude PLZ make the next v love this one maybe we should pay u or something :D?

I saw this mod recently and decided to try it out, but whenever I try to start a new game I get an "Load Error, Art/Units/Trex/Trex.INI was not found" Can anyone help me?

It's not the PTW units, they come as part of civ III complete. What the problem may be is that you need to download and install 1.66 update before you do 1.93 update. I've seen this discused several times over the last few years so it's seems like the most likely reson with the information provided. Good luck.

After digging this game up and installing it, only till then i noticed "test of time" :eek:

Awesome mod, so after reading more of it in the forums and reading someone's "journal", i could not resist. This is MY GAME :D

Kudo's for the developers :goodjob:

My first seriuous effort with the Egyptians are very succesfull, on Emperor i manage the be number one and builded alot of Wonders myself. It's just 1300 so there are still a few years to go.

There are some weird issue's though; one is plain annoying and the other something that should not be possible.

1) Game crashes sometines while updating a Unit, as soon as you click the "yes" button.

2) Later in the game, i am two/three techs ahead of my nearest competetors; when i wanted to trade tech with China i noticed something that should not be possible: In my table there was Gunpowder, while in his table there was Metallurgy. Silly, because according to the tech tree; you need Gunpowder first in order to develop Metallurgy. Two turns before this i am sure he didn't have both; while i had one and the other almost finished.

After digging this game up and installing it, only till then i noticed "test of time" :eek:

Awesome mod, so after reading more of it in the forums and reading someone's "journal", i could not resist. This is MY GAME :D

Kudo's for the developers :goodjob:

My first seriuous effort with the Egyptians are very succesfull, on Emperor i manage the be number one and builded alot of Wonders myself. It's just 1300 so there are still a few years to go.

There are some weird issue's though; one is plain annoying and the other something that should not be possible.

1) Game crashes sometines while updating a Unit, as soon as you click the "yes" button.

2) Later in the game, i am two/three techs ahead of my nearest competetors; when i wanted to trade tech with China i noticed something that should not be possible: In my table there was Gunpowder, while in his table there was Metallurgy. Silly, because according to the tech tree; you need Gunpowder first in order to develop Metallurgy. Two turns before this i am sure he didn't have both; while i had one and the other almost finished.

I think that the game crashes are due to the way that the unit costs are inputted. In the Conquests editor, for some reason the unit costs are being multiplied by ten in some cases, leading to results that are outside of the game limits. Maximum cost limit is 1000, and some of his high-level units cost more than 1000. I have started working on those costs, and setting the game up as a Conquests file.

As for the advance oddity, another civ might have given it to him. Not sure if you can give a civ an advance that they do not have the requirements too, unless they conquered someone with it.

I am working on updating Turkhan's Test of Time scenario to a Conquest .biq file. Just taking more time than I thought, as I am still getting used to working with the editor.

Nice TTurk. I'm good with the editor if anyone wants to know how to do stuff just ask. I got Civ Complete so I can do both original and the extension maps. Hey, I was wondering, wouldn't it be cool if you could build a city in between mountains. You know, the grassy bit.

Top Bottom