TETurkhan Test of Time (Map & Mod)

This could become a very opulent christmas for all fans of Civ 3.:)

I've done some significant work on Tet's map to accommodate my 1071 CE mod (with historical starting locations for that time slot). I'll post it in a month or so - sorry for the delay, but I figure some hope is better than none. :)

Best,

Oz
Yes, Yes, Yes!!!! :):goodjob: A new mod based on TET would be great.

Yes, Yes, Yes!!!! :):goodjob: A new mod based on TET would be great.

I'll be posting the map in a week or two (I think there's some interest in that :hmm: ); the mod (sadly) won't be out for Xmas, but sometime in January.

Question: should I post the map as it is for the mod, or remove the cities and whatnot?

Spoiler :
Teaser:

I've superimposed conic projections in one or two places, making IMHO e.g. the Western Mediterranean a better gaming area. Mountains are impassable, making places like the Khyber Pass more important. The major ocean currents in the Atlantic and Pacific are simulated using Sea tiles with lower mf than Ocean tiles, so e.g. the Spanish are more likely to wind up in the Caribe and the French and English in the NE US.

Re: the mod I've made some choices in Civs which I'm sure will prove controversial due to the 32 limit. Not so controversial should be 5 New World Civs (Cahokia, Anasazi, Inca, Aztec, Maya) with the tech tree jiggered so the Europeans (or Chinese - Zheng He's fleets are in the mod) will find a roughly accurate historical disparity in technology.

Best,

Oz

Question: should I post the map as it is for the mod, or remove the cities and whatnot?

Both? :mischief:

If you must make us choose than let it be the second, we'll get the first in January anyway... :D

Both? :mischief:

If you must make us choose than let it be the second, we'll get the first in January anyway... :D

:lol: How about if I just release the mod map with cities next week, and the entire mod next month? (This might make more sense anyway: whereas I have accurate locations for every resource from coal to titanium, horses and cattle are clustered around the cities, representing domestication.)

Best,

Oz

Would you consider adding sheep? :)

Would you consider adding sheep? :)

I have a lot of manufactured resource units (barrels of oil, etc.) and did indeed consider adding sheep for the medieval northwestern European wool trade, but (1) the area involved is too small and (2) sadly the Dutch didn't make the Civ cut. So keeping it to cattle instead of adding other domesticated edibles seemed to make sense.

I do, however, have llamas ...

:)

I was actually thinking more of Australia/NZ but whatever you decide is cool. :)

I do, however, have llamas ...

:)

Yeah. :cool: they're from where home was, or.. maybe I should say that the other way around...

I was actually thinking more of Australia/NZ but whatever you decide is cool. :)

Like I said, the mod begins in 1071 CE, long before horses, sheep and whatnot were introduced into that part of the world.

As an aside, I wish it was possible to have a Worker job to introduce such beasts and crops - i.e., if you have horses in England and colonize North America, a Worker would be able to add a horse resource in NA, representing shipping and breeding and whatnot. *sigh* - dream on, Oz, dream on :yup:

As an aside, I wish it was possible to have a Worker job to introduce such beasts and crops - i.e., if you have horses in England and colonize North America, a Worker would be able to add a horse resource in NA, representing shipping and breeding and whatnot. *sigh* - dream on, Oz, dream on :yup:
I too have had similar dreams...

I've done some significant work on Tet's map to accommodate my 1071 CE mod (with historical starting locations for that time slot). I'll post it in a month or so - sorry for the delay, but I figure some hope is better than none. :)

Best,

Oz

I'm giddy with anticipation! :bounce:

Like I said, the mod begins in 1071 CE, long before horses, sheep and whatnot were introduced into that part of the world.

Understand. I was getting your dates mixed up with Civinator's CCM. :crazyeye:

hello, i've been playing civIII for years and i love the game.

the problem is, however, that i was playing the "teturkhan" map as rome and was scrolling around. then i reached a spot in greenland that whenever i scroll there, the game freezes and gives an error, "Civilization 3 has encountered a problem and must close. Sorry for the inconvenience". and it was only that spot.

so then i went to a previous autosave and tried not to go there. so one of my galleys just discovered south america and i was looking around until it froze again over some place in brazil.

please help me, i really want to play!!

p.s, this is the only game i tried in which this happened, the other games remain the same.

p.p.s, could it be a terrain problem?

hello, i've been playing civIII for years and i love the game.

the problem is, however, that i was playing the "teturkhan" map as rome and was scrolling around. then i reached a spot in greenland that whenever i scroll there, the game freezes and gives an error, "Civilization 3 has encountered a problem and must close. Sorry for the inconvenience". and it was only that spot.

so then i went to a previous autosave and tried not to go there. so one of my galleys just discovered south america and i was looking around until it froze again over some place in brazil.

please help me, i really want to play!!

p.s, this is the only game i tried in which this happened, the other games remain the same.

p.p.s, could it be a terrain problem?

I've had this happen before, but only on very large maps like Tet's. I'm not sure the exact cause, but I find it happens allot less if I scroll around a huge map slowly. Just reload the latest autosave & continue playing.

I am playing this mod as abyssinia and enjoying the game. But i want to edit it. for some reason there is no secret police hq. how do I put SPHQ back in? I want it to work for a saved game I am am in. I have tried editing the bix file nut it has no effect on my saved game. Help.

Phelim

I am at 600 AD with the teturkhan mod. Is it possible for me to get OZ's mod (which is conquests) and 'make' it the source for saved game? Alternatively I was thinking of just editing the teturkhan mod to give me my results. Eg edit the espionage centre small wonder (with the conquests editor) so that it gives me reduced corruption (aka secret police hq). I have tried that but edits I make to the teturkhan files have no effect on my saved game when I open it up (neither rule changes or map changes).

Top Bottom