1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

TETurkhan Test of Time (Map & Mod)

Discussion in 'Civ3 - User-created Maps' started by TETurkhan, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Arexander

Arexander The obvious lurker

You need to download the latest version from here in order to get the newest additions. IIRC, the version which comes with Complete is the same that comes with PTW, so it's very old.

2. mythusmage

mythusmage Prince

Link missing.

3. Bluemofia

Bluemofia F=ma

4. mythusmage

mythusmage Prince

In Arexander's post.

5. Bluemofia

Bluemofia F=ma

He didn't mean it literally. He meant "here" as in this thread. (first page, where I took the link from)

6. mythusmage

mythusmage Prince

I think Arexander can explain himself quite well.

7. mythusmage

mythusmage Prince

The entry does appear in "Documents/Civilization 3 Complete/Scenarios/TETurkhan/Text/PediaIcon.txt", which is where I keep the third party mods and scenarios.

Since I use a Mac I cannot edit the bix itself, and renaming a folder (as I did with the MWNN (Beta 2.0) mod) may not work in this case, I present this conundrum to the Windows crew to see if they can help. Any suggestions?

(FYI: I own a Mac because I am evil and reprehensible. :satan: )

8. Arexander

Arexander The obvious lurker

Well excuse me of being so bad in English to explain myself properly. :rolleyes:

And Bluemofia is right, I meant in this thread, not in my post.

9. aitor_pr

aitor_pr Chieftain

TET, I appreciate all your work, but Civ 5 comes out this fall. Will version 2.0 be out BEFORE that? Or are you planning on resetting everything and rebuilding your mod to take advantage of Civ 5's new editor?

10. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Civ3 Modding Archivist

... Well, let's not put the cart before the horse :deadhorse:

11. DmitriE4

DmitriE4 Chieftain

Is there any complete unitlist?
    I've played this map\mod in 2006, it was really nice.(I completed it three times - Germany, Mother Russia and England, god sake spending some weeks I suppose)

I wonder if modern arms are still the same for each nation? I mean it would be good for example make 2 different modern armor(wester-soviet) and to spare between countries. Or some additional modern air units ...
    And also I've searched this thread but still haven't found the answer. mech.inf can carry soldiers?I remember It was impossible to load it in sea transport so I had to reinforce my expedition corps in America by airlift))...

And about USA? nation available?
    will be in future?

12. ellonwheels

ellonwheels Chieftain

Test of Time is my all time fav - but I lost Civ III in my divorce (my ex TOOK it without telling me - just the cd, not the box or even the jewel case - I didn't even know it until much later....) :sad: He even left some of his guitars in the house and never came back for them, but Civ III went....

So, now I have Civ V and the very first thing I did was look for Test of Time.... Has it or will it be updated for Civ V? I'll be so sad if I can never play it again!

13. Bengal Tiger

Bengal Tiger Emperor

I used to have this along with a whole lot of other scenarios when I first got this game, but I later got a new computer, and when I reinstalled everything, it was gone with everything else. I want to try this scenario again, but I can't seem to find the link for the map with cities.(as well as the fact that the maps in the first post only contain the original civs, none of the ones I remember and have heard about-I remember playing as Israel, and there was a whole story posted by TETurkhan as Israel, but it's not on the civ list. I'm sure there were other civs, so I kind of want to find THE test of time map.)

14. mythusmage

mythusmage Prince

I found the links in the first post.

15. Bengal Tiger

Bengal Tiger Emperor

I believe there are three maps in the first post, one is 256x256 lost world, one is 256x256 without preplaced cities earth map, and one is 362x362 earth map, also without preplace cities. None of them have new civs in them.

16. mythusmage

mythusmage Prince

Here is the full mod and the update, taken from the first post;

Haven't really checked them out, but I think 1.93 may have new civs.

Note: Yes, I did some minor editing of TETurkhan's prose. I'm an editor, we do that sort of thing. :)

17. Bengal Tiger

Bengal Tiger Emperor

Sorry-my bad, I hadn't realized it came with the main files- usually the biq comes seperate from the main, so I like to look at the map in the editor first.

18. unveiler

unveiler Chieftain

Thank you TETurkhan for your hard work! I love this mod!

For anyone: I am really enjoying the version of this on Civ III Complete and just discovered these updates.... Do they really make a difference as I am 4000 years into a pretty good game? Or is it worth it to get the updates and start a new game?

Thanks for any help or guidance!

19. Bluemofia

Bluemofia F=ma

Well, I personally would finish the game first, and then get the updates. It's not like the updates are going anywhere if you don't get them quickly. ;)

20. unveiler

unveiler Chieftain

Good advice. Thanks Bluemofia. I gather the updates don't make it significantly better. I just didn't want to be playing Pong when I could be playing Space Invaders.