TETurkhan Test of Time (Map & Mod)

Like the Germans have ever been powerful in a game of Civ :p

Talking about animal units... Dinosaurs in 1.93 just stand there and don't move, I explored all of africa with one scout. The same is with the super barbarian.
Btw why did you gave the barbarains workers and settlers?

He gave them workers and settlers so they could be captured by the player and/or the AI as slaves.

I'm not quite sure if this is correct, but I think the chiefs are famous leaders of their tribes, sort of like the famous pirates sailing the seas. The dinosaurs add some depth to gameplay and exploration. It makes it seem more realistic to have dangerous animals to stumble upon (although having dinosaurs is not very realistic)

I mean that in the games I have played so far they don't move at all.(except for pirates) Is that how it is supposed to be?

If you are talking about the super barbarians and chiefs and such, I'm pretty sure all the barbarians will stay in their camp to guard their chief (if there is one). If I remember correctly, once the chief is killed, then all the other Barbarians will come out. I don't think that was intentional, it's just how the computer acts. If you are talking about the Dinosaurs, they were all put in plots of grassland/plains enclosed by forest. The Dinosaurs were made 'wheeled units' so they can not go through these forests and roam around; they stay in their little plot. That was intentional.

Hehe... I read the readme (and have also been following the thread for a long time). Plus, the only thing I ever played on PTW was your mod!

Rhye said:
And what about the new version of Civ3onEarth? :p

Safe and sound on my computer :p

I don't know kitten some one could be hacking but I can't do hacking because I don't retain the knowledge on how to do so. Also hackers are a bunch of computer woossys that don't want to work and get thrown into jail and die a month later.

Now off of that topic..

I have never played a Multiplayer game on the internet but I plan to hook my two other brothers up with my computer and plan to play against each other. That sound cool or what.

BTW sorry for thread jacking

Hey guys.
We want to know what you would think about making some of the worlds largest rivers sailable; by making them coast. In some cases (Amazon, for instance) it looks ok and would add a strategic element to the game. In other cases it doesn't look so good. Here is one such case, and a picture of the Missouri-Mississippi River.

Does this detract so much that it takes away all the fun of the strategic benefits? Like your opinion on the matter, and the blunter you are the better. Lastly, it is possible to just make the Southern part of the Mississippi (i.e., leave out the Missouri) coast, and the rest not. Do you think that would work better?

Nah, I don't like it, it looks wierd and in reality ships can't travel up that far ;) and would kill exploration in the early stages.

I like it, but don't think it should be that widespread. The Mississippi should not be sailable THAT far up. The Amazon should be sailable, but >not< the Nile; there should be no land bridge between Constantinople and Asia Minor (just the waterway)... not the Yangtse (sp?) or the Huang He, though...

Who knows. All I know is that in the LotR map by Harlan Ellison (IIRC) for CivII, the Anduin was sailable and it was a very important strategic element :p Too bad Firaxis took off the ability to cross by land *and* sea... they called 'em archipelagos in SMAC, I believe.

In your mod v1.93 i found that the AI playing with scandinavia cant get a hold of the 2 irons or even the horses next to them simply because the barbarians there are too strong. The AI wont build anything near barbarian camps, this is also true about ivory most of the elephants in africa get comlonies placed there quickly except the ones near barbarian camps.
You gotta do something about that move the barbarians or something.

By the way your mods great take as much time as u want for v2 and lost world i know it will be great! :goodjob: :goodjob:

I like the strategic element that the "wide" rivers provide as long as there will be a few city locations that act like the suez canal for land bridging. This might be a problem with the river being cut up and not acting as a real port though, and fresh water lake instead.

Is it possible to edit (lessen)the amount of water tiles that is needed to make them not fresh water lakes?

Top Bottom