The Age of Civilizations

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a possibily, but that would be a hell of a coding job. If we do it though, I guess it would be like this:

Code:
+Units
  -Worker (3)
  +Armored
      -Tank (2)
      -Modern Armor (4)
      -Mechanized Infantry (3)
  +Gundpowder
      -Musketman (2)
      -Infantry (1)
  +Archey
      -Longbowman (6)
      -Crossbowman (5)
   +Melee
      -Axeman (4)
      -Swordsman (1)

etc.

(put it in code to show indentations)

and then after clicking on which one, you would enter the number of units like you do gold.

ice2k4 said:
How far are you on this project?

bumpty bump.

Sorry can't tell you publically, send me a PM.

Kaizer Kai said:
it would be cool if you could be able to get units via trading

ice2k4, that would be awesome. I'll see what I can do once school is out next week.

ice2k4, that would be awesome. I'll see what I can do once school is out next week.

Ahh your lucky. My school ends June 28th, but I get out two weeks early because of regents.

It really is too bad I can't help you with coding. That unit thing doesn't seem so hard however. Maybe I can take a look at the trading menu and play around with it. See if I can do it myself. Would it be done in XML, the sdk (c++) or a mixture of both?

ice2k4 said:
Ahh your lucky. My school ends June 28th, but I get out two weeks early because of regents.

It really is too bad I can't help you with coding. That unit thing doesn't seem so hard however. Maybe I can take a look at the trading menu and play around with it. See if I can do it myself. Would it be done in XML, the sdk (c++) or a mixture of both?

I think it would be done with all three, including Python. I'll see what I can find out about it.

I might, right now I'm making a map for the Eragon mod in my sig, but everytime I load the map in game (through play scenario) to see what it looks like, the game closes and threres a windws error report.

ice2k4 said:
I might, right now I'm making a map for the Eragon mod in my sig, but everytime I load the map in game (through play scenario) to see what it looks like, the game closes and threres a windws error report.

Hmm, I hope you figure that out.

So do you have an alpha out yet? I'm also curious as to how far along this is, since WIP w/o at least an alpha usually means vaporware, and a lot of the stuff up front is stuff I want to see in the game :p

Aeon221 said:
So do you have an alpha out yet? I'm also curious as to how far along this is, since WIP w/o at least an alpha usually means vaporware, and a lot of the stuff up front is stuff I want to see in the game :p

No Alpha yet. Maybe in June...maybe.:p

I'm pretty interested to know, how does genocide work?

Will it be only religous genocide? or is their an emigration/immigration part to this mod (and if so, will their be nationality based genocide?)

Is genocide a minor thing in the game, where you can just declare it and it has it's negative/posotive effects, or will it be elaborated on, where theres some strategy involved.

ice2k4 said:
I'm pretty interested to know, how does genocide work?

Will it be only religous genocide? or is their an emigration/immigration part to this mod (and if so, will their be nationality based genocide?)

Is genocide a minor thing in the game, where you can just declare it and it has it's negative/posotive effects, or will it be elaborated on, where theres some strategy involved.

This has been hard to program. I'm working on it though. :p I was thinking of making it both ways (Religious and Nationality) if possible.

Genocide is a minor thing in the game. You just do it, get the negative/positive effects.

This can lead to Peacekeeping Missions by the UN.

even though genocide is a touchy issue, it would be interesting how you will make it in the game..

ice2k4 said:
Well genocide would go pretty great with my religous victory idea. Would create a real need for it in the game.

yay the real crusades..:lol:

This is all wrong and a joke. Bangladesh out of India? (just give it up dude) it would be more fitting to have Pakistan as a nation and Bangladesh as a rebel state.

What you're doing is wrong and stupid.

ice2k4 said:
Well genocide would go pretty great with my religous victory idea. Would create a real need for it in the game.

Yes, this is true.

Spartan117 said:
even though genocide is a touchy issue, it would be interesting how you will make it in the game..
]

Yes, I am trying to keep it sort of clean. It will be hard to do.

Napoliean said:
This is all wrong and a joke. Bangladesh out of India? (just give it up dude) it would be more fitting to have Pakistan as a nation and Bangladesh as a rebel state.

What you're doing is wrong and stupid.

:lol: Way to put your foot in your own mouth. If you read the thread, you would realize that the "rebel civilization" idea died a long time ago.

Nice Job! What you're doing is wrong and stupid.

P.S. Next time, try to read the thread before making a stupid comment like that.

like what your doing so far. any thoughts on using some of my ideas? ill post the links if you want them.
btw i think you should do texas for the US they think of themselves of texans first anyway.

chef pablo said:
like what your doing so far. any thoughts on using some of my ideas? ill post the links if you want them.
btw i think you should do texas for the US they think of themselves of texans first anyway.

Which ideas? The wonders?
Give me some links.

The rebel civ idea is out now so it doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom