the anime thread

Originally posted by Peri
I was just wondering. I was reading about upcoming anime films on tv and it mentioned a film called la blue girl which is banned in the uk. I was wondering what on earth could get an animated film banned. Could anyone enlighten me please?
Well, you know, it's a western prejudice that anime movies are for children. In Japan, they don't have this kind of misconception, which means that there is animes about ANY subject.

The one you talk about is a famous hentai ("hentai" means "pervert in japanese) anime serie (among several dozens of others, these things are quite popular in Japan).
This is an animated serie based on one subject : monsters from other dimensions raping girls and having their plans thwarted by the heroin (who also does plenty of things not suitable for this forum).

Hope you understand better now :D

@test_specimen.
its a problem when animes are translated, :(
what's the answer :D

Originally posted by Akka

Well, you know, it's a western prejudice that anime movies are for children. In Japan, they don't have this kind of misconception, which means that there is animes about ANY subject.

The one you talk about is a famous hentai ("hentai" means "pervert in japanese) anime serie (among several dozens of others, these things are quite popular in Japan).
This is an animated serie based on one subject : monsters from other dimensions raping girls and having their plans thwarted by the heroin (who also does plenty of things not suitable for this forum).

Hope you understand better now :D

Such things are low but so funny that I wish it wasn't so wrong:lol: :(

I think this thread is badly needing some anime babes, pronto!
Here's a charming image of Kyoko Otonashi from Maison Ikkoku!

what anime is that from(rememberim american were not the mainstreme of anime)

here we are love hina

Attachments

• love hina circle nap (1).jpg
    love hina circle nap (1).jpg
    53 KB · Views: 155
love that love hina:cool:

Attachments

• love hina- schoolgirls.jpg
    love hina- schoolgirls.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 313
Put another picture, Test_specimen, we will try to guess this new one :)

As I said before, I don't know too many animes. But here is one, though I'm not sure if it is known much outside of Europe:

Attachments

• perrine1.jpg
    perrine1.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 111
Originally posted by test_specimen
As I said before, I don't know too many animes. But here is one, though I'm not sure if it is known much outside of Europe:
Doh! They're just starting to sell that in Singapore, but I kind of have forgotten the name. Looks kind of childish to me, so I pass...

Originally posted by CurtSibling
Maison Ikkoku...

By the same artist who created Ranma 1/2.
Oh, did I mention I have the entire 15 vol of Maison Ikkokku (by Takahashi Rumiko, probably one of the best female manga authors of all times) as well as the entire anime series (96 episodes) on VCDs... ? :p They're really into episodic production in those days...

Maison Ikkokku was one of the two greatest classic anime romance comedies of all times - the other being Kimagurie Orange Road (I have the whole anime on VCDs too, but not the manga).

Kurusegawa Serika fr To Heart, a very nice charming short anime series based on a group of Japanese high school students. You can gain much insight into Japanese school-life fr it.

It was originally a hentai game though... :)

More characters fr To Heart. Kotone, who apparently has the power of pyschic foretelling; Lemmy, American-Japanese girl who mangles the Japanese language; and can't remember the last one, but she's the founder of the school's 'extreme sport' club - kind of no-rules, no-holds bar, all-out competition fighting.

And Serika above apparently has some 'witch' power too (she's the only member of the school's witch club). I like the way the anime work all these people with abnormal abilities as normal people in the story. :)

There's even a robot!

Some fr Maison Ikkokku. I've always like the music fr it. :thumbsup: Some of the best, heartwarming ones ever...

I like these animes:

- Noir
- Vanguard
- Cowboy Bebop
- FLCL
- Hellsing

And these anime movies:
- Ghost in the Shell
- Princess Mononoke
- Cowboy Bebop (can't remember which of the movies if there are any more then one...)
- Akira

I havn't watch much more then those, but I intend to.

I also love the Ranma ½ Manga! :D

And yeah, Anime should be in Japanese with English text. Dubbed anime sucks! :p

Originally posted by test_specimen
Got it - it's called 'Perrine'. Or something...

Top Bottom