the anime thread

Miyu...:( sad memories for me :cry:
once in a cosplay my girl was dressed like her...

anyways, nice wallpapers sayounara! :D
with too many this quiz and that quiz, I think we shuold start a anime quiz :crazyeye:

I'm all for it! :D

Let's start with an easy one. Anyone can guess what anime the following pix is from? ;)

ok, knight Dragon, thanks for asking and easy one.
that's from Fushigi Yuugi.

and this one? who knows the answer?

Magic Knight Rayearth, Zcyclen :)
Too easy ^^

Easy one too :)

i like dragonball z the best
but why is GT so crap they just started showing it in england and its utter ****

:D :D :D :D :D My mom just got the tickets for 7pm, and I can't wait! I don't know if they'll like the Cowboy Bebop Movie though - after all, it is the first heavy block of CB they will watch, and they are FORCED to watch it for 2 hours. ;) :lol:

All I know is that I'll be estatic.

(a break from the quiz)
enjoy it! :goodjob: btw, the ending of CB, the real folks blues its great! :D

@Akka! what's the answer Im about to give up!

The movie was great, better than I expected! :D It felt perfect, like watching another episode, only 2 hours long. Despite the length, it didn't feel drawn out at all, and, if anything, made me wish that EVERY CB episode was 2 hours long.

Overall, I loved the plot, even though it seems like a typical "end of the world plot" the character of Vincent is very deep. The ending, like most Bebop ones, left me in thought and confused, left to think about it. I wonder if the message is that all of humanity is crazy, or that we are all sane, or that whether some madmen are really mad and not evil, and that there is no evil, and that terrorism is bad, and whether life is just a dream...:crazyeye:

I'm going to mull it over until the DVD comes out. ;) :lol:

@Akka, I don't know that one either... :)

BTW, rewatched some episodes fr Backstabber Sorcerous Orphen over the weekend. I still think it's one of the better storied anime out there.

Unlike most anime, this one is based on a set of novels. The story revolves around Orphen, a renegade black magician used to be fr the Tusk Tower (sort of lile a magical academy-cum-magicians' order-cum-monastery). 5 years ago, his 'sister' and senior magician, Azalyn, turned into a dragon called the Bloody August, and fled the Tusk Tower, after a failed unauthorized magical experimentation with a Tenjin (Ancient) relic known as the Sword of Barthenas-anderesu (something like that).

The elders of the Tusk Tower ordered the assassination of Azalyn, whom now is a monster and despoiling the Tower's reputation; so Kiriranshio resisted, renamed himself Orphen (how the Japanese pronounced orphan...), and left the Tower, to pursue a way to change Azalyn back to human form.

The story starts in the present and proceeds fr there after Orphen picks up a disciple called Majicku and a busybody girl called Cleo, with flashbacks to the past - a format which I think is nicely done. There're many surprising revelations during the course of the series, and lots of interesting stuff about the world in the anime. Recommended for anyone interested in fantasy with some modern touches (modern clothes, some modern appliances etc). ;)

@Akka: I don't know too many animes, but that is from "Captain Future" (at least that's what it was called around here). Great music, best music in a cartoon until Golden Boy and Lupin.

The character in the picture is the Android, though I don't know his name. (Greg? Grog?) There were also Otto the mechanic, who could morph into all sort of characters, the girl and the boy (can't remember their names).

I loved the show, but when it was on, I always had soccer training, so most of the time I only saw half of it.

looks like we will have to wait until Akka returns to know it the answer is right :confused:

I'll just post another one. If I am wrong with my answer, it is maybe because "Captain Future" maybe had a different name in France/US/..

Just so you don't get bored, here's an easy one, from a recent movie:

Attachments

• ra.jpg
    ra.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 78
Originally posted by emu
i like dragonball z the best
but why is GT so crap they just started showing it in england and its utter ****

Because it wasn't made by akira toryama :cool:

Sorry, I'm a bit late :D

Test_Specimen was right, it was a Captain Future picture.
The name is in fact different in France (It's "Capitaine Flam", don't ask me why), but I was aware of the twist ;)

So any guesses for the one I posted? Or does no one know?

Hint: named after a classic, had to be renamed in several countries for copyright reasons.

I was just wondering. I was reading about upcoming anime films on tv and it mentioned a film called la blue girl which is banned in the uk. I was wondering what on earth could get an animated film banned. Could anyone enlighten me please?

Top Bottom