The answer is in the wonders?

Romans sometimes used the vomitorium between each course, not just one halfway through the meal. In the nicer homes, that could mean 20 or 30 times during dinner.

They indeed vomited. But not in the Vomitorium, see Wikipedia:

A popular misconception is that the Romans made use of a room called a vomitorium for the express purpose of vomiting between meals to make room for more food. Only a very small minority of the highest classes indulged in the practice of deliberately vomiting. A vomitorium is actually an entirely unrelated architectural feature – a passage situated below or behind a tier of seats in an amphitheatre, an exit through which the crowds could "spew out" at the end of a show.

@kdaag -of course you're wrong :) Polish arguments are as follows:
- Kopernik was born, lived almost all his life and died in Poland
- he studied in Kraków University (now it is Jagiellonian University)
- his father was a Slav (some people say 'germanized Slav') we don't know who was his mother - what you wrote are presumptions
- he was catholic like Poles, unlike protestant Prussians
and the most important - he was the commander of Polish defend of Olsztyn in Polish-Teutonic war. Can you imagine that he felt himself a German and was the commander of Polish city defending from German Teuton Order? It sounds ridiculous to me...

Anyway - nationality those days was not something it is now. Maybe he simply felt that he was European or something like that... or maybe he didn't thought of it at all. The fact is that he was a citizen of Poland - that's why I think that he was a Pole - his ethnic background and history of his life show this...

About thread subject - I think that it is highly possible - we will get some Asian civ and two other, exotic civs...

Cristo Redentor -> Portugal. Brazil just happened to be a colony of it.

The Cristo Redentor wasn't built by the Portuguese, they just came up with the idea. The Brazilians were the ones who actually carried through with its construction. Which is weird to me because their laws supported separation of church and state. I would really love to see Brazil, but Civ has never included any civilization that hadn't been around since about sometime B.C. (excluding America). I think a Southeast Asian and a South American are two of the last three, I don't know that a Polynesian would be included. Right now I'm just really hoping that the Hittites aren't one of them, we have enough Fertile Crescent civs already.

but Civ has never included any civilization that hadn't been around since about sometime B.C. (excluding America).

a ton of European civs, Mongolia (as portrayed in the game), Mali, Zululand, Incaland, Azteca, Maya, etc., are after BC

Top Bottom