The Apollo Challenge Lineup - Game #2 - PAC A cold barren world

I beg to differ. Lots of space to expand into, lots of floatstone, reasonable amount of firaxite, lots of space to terrascape (complete with PAC bonus for workers!), frenzied aliens mean the AI lose lots of colonists (hint: forward settle Elodie on this map), etc. Maybe it isn't standard "build all the battlesuits, ????, profit!" but it's still pretty good for the player. :)

If you still find it not too much of a faceroll I guess it's mission accomplished :p

Spoiler :

Yes, you said we do not have to win by domination. But for this game, no other victory conditions were possible.

Small and taigan settings together reduce feasible expansion locations. All factions will depend very much on their capital. The other capitals are coastal and have better tiles. You have neither. If you sit back peacefully, then the other factions will overpower you. They will conquer your faction or win peacefully while you cannot stop them.

So you must attack a faction and take their land. Once you start a war, trade convoys cannot get out safely, other factions will declare war on you and will not deal with your faction at any reasonable price. This loss of trade hurts your economy, putting your faction behind the geographically distant ones. Now you have to attack the factions far away as well to stop them from winning. So you end up attacking everyone and winning by domination.

My initial plan was to obtain battlesuits. Purity affinity prevents aliens from attacking explorers. When I finished the engineering tech, there was no titanium anywhere. Xenomass was too difficult to obtain because of frenzied aliens. The only option left was to use CNDRs because there is firexite nearby. The land was very poor and I even had to skip ecology before CNDRs (trade with nearby stations, keep routes short). Even then it was around turn 104 I got my first CNDR.

I thought I lost but I declared war anyway. Turns out "frenzied aliens" setting made the game much easier, even too easy. The setting spawns more aliens and makes them easier to anger. But if you don't provoke them, a million aliens will not have a reason to attack you. This is important because the other factions all tried to wipe them out. So everytime I attacked someone, the aliens were there to tip the odds to my favour.

This lasted until the human units were too strong for the aliens to matter. By that point, my orbital lasers and phasal transporters were ready.

"Anywhere with firaxite"... :lol:

Attachments

• ACL game 2 save.CivBESave
    767.9 KB · Views: 132
I've tried this map a couple of times and sometimes I don't get a quest early on like I'd expect. I think maybe the quests that cause excavation sites fail to activate because Taigan doesn't allow excavation sites, but still takes up the quest slot. Has anyone gotten a quest that spawns an excavation site?

I've tried this map a couple of times and sometimes I don't get a quest early on like I'd expect. I think maybe the quests that cause excavation sites fail to activate because Taigan doesn't allow excavation sites, but still takes up the quest slot. Has anyone gotten a quest that spawns an excavation site?

Be sure to check the Quests thread in General Discussion - there are a few quests you can get between T8-T14 and two (I think) of them are hidden - you can tell one of them spawned because it spawns a station near your capital (Far Base One or two other possible ones). Another involves razing a nest.

But yes, I managed to get just about every possible quest to show within the first 10 turns by reloading.

The best option it seems is to get Solid State Citizen as that is both easy to complete AND gives you a possible 80 Production from the satellite, which equals a free Trade Depot. Also be aware that Solid State Citizen (or Cultural Burden) can activate for the AI causing a crashed satellite to appear - while you cannot get the quest away from the AI, you can excavate the site and claim the production.

I knew about the hidden quests. I checked by razing a nest and I looked for stations that had spawned nearby not from my charter quest. I guess the station just spawned farther away from me than usual for whatever reason.

I never seem to get the hidden raze a nest quest though (in general, not just in the challenge). I don't think I've ever gone through a game without razing one either.

Okay second try was a 246 domination win. A bit slow as the terrain before I had lev units was causing me to slow down.

Spoiler :

Main thing I did differently was to send a trade route to Elodie to keep her happy.

Bought 3 of her titanium and went for a somewhat late servomancy. I was fine not rushing it because the map seemed to hinder the AI too. The benefit was I had more infrastructure. Not too long after I got my 3 battlesuits online I had lev tanks and the battles started going a lot faster.

First target was Hutama and he went down easily. ~20-30 str cities against my battlesuits. I got a few lev destroyers in the fight right as I took his capitol.

ARC was next. They had 50-60 str cities, but it didn't matter against lev tanks, rangers and battlesuits. Mid way through conquering her the suits were upgraded to the supremacy hybrid (Prime I think it is?). After that the rest of the game was a cake walk. I kept pushing my affinity levels and went through the Slavs then Brasilia.

Elodie built a mind flower about the time that I started attacking Brasilia, but by this point I had dragoons with the +50% versus cities, so I bought and built a few and took her out in ~10-15 turns. She had a mix of 70 and 30 str cities, so I lost some on the tougher cities, but dragoons are cheap.

Africa was just a mop up exercise ~20-30 strength cities, so I was one shotting with dragoons.

Opened Prosperity to free colonist, then went might to bonus affinity and free affinity level. Then went deep in to prosperity to boost my terrascapes and health.

I basically terrascaped and biowelled on 3 cities that I funneled all my trade routes too. The rest were generator spammed, including puppets. I got Xenomalleum so my generators were +5 energy. Ended the game making about a thousand energy per turn.

Spies stole science where possible, energy otherwise. I was gunning for certain techs so I didn't really want to get random techs from spies.

Far base one spawned two tiles away just as my second city got into position to settle.

Rage quit.

Will try again later.

I tried taking on Elodie first, it's definitely manageable but it can turn into a war of attrition quickly as well. Might need to bribe someone to go with you tbqh. The warmonger opener from Civ 5 can work on this map to get big enough garrison before you get your battlesuit/cndr up

Update through turn 176:

Spoiler :
I managed to rush Hutama fairly easily with just tier 1 units, basic ones with one upgrade, research was a bit slow because I only kicked out 3 cities by turn 50-ish. Hutama was way over his head with siege worms and only managed 4 cities himself, very weakly defended. Once his cap fell, I annexed it, scouted yonder for trade targets and had a to wait a zillion turns for the city to calm down.

Next, it was a merged effort from me, Brazilia, Slavs and African Union, all whittling down ARC, Slavs themselves kind of got the worse of it, which works well in my favour, I have CNDRs up and running, I have a phasal transporter just beaming everyone right in the heart of the battlefield, and I have an orbital laser picking off individual dots like a game of skeet. I'll turn on the Slavs next because they're near and that leaves me Elodie who's a bit of a runaway at this point. She will be dealt with by the time my CNDRs are upgraded. I'll probably finish it before I get to Angels

Finished! Promised land at 283. Precisely 1 turn before Elodie would win with her Mind Flower (for some reason, no matter how many times I kill it, she always gets a victory at 283. Weird .
No idea how to make a spoiler tag and too tired to find out right now, maybe I will edit tomorrow.

Started out . Space is tight, cities have crappy tiles, everything is knee deep in forests.
Started expanding as fast as I can, doing my best to get a few floatstone tiles. I screwed up royally with my first expand and let an AI take it from under my nose. Didn't matter much in the end though. No titanium in a feasible location was terrible though. I had to trade for all my titanium until very late game.

I can't remember exact turns but very early on ARC and Hutuma DoW-ed me at the same time and Hutuma started pushing. I was pretty behind ARC who were convincingly first in the score. The war lasted until the end of the game, I never finished off Hutuma (just crippled him) and mostly fortified positions versus ARC. It was a lot of fun - in the beginning I was 2 affinity points behind ARC and 1 behind Hutuma and my units were simply worse. I managed to get to lvl 4 relatively quickly and that saved me because I was losing ground before.

After the initial stabilization, which was tricky, the rest was standard. I simply teched to Exodus gate, promtly forgot Lasercom satellite, built it and launched it and made my gate. A couple of turns before my gate finished Elodie made a Mind Flower. I put 2/3 of my army (pretty sizeable at that point) at the border with her, scouted the location of the flower, and then DoW-ed, razed a few cities on the way and killed it. Accepted a peace offer a few turns later which gave me all but one of her cities (I think), which I razed too. Then came the boring part of shuffling the colonists around... man, this victory condition is ! I delayed the optimal victory time with 4 turns because of wandering automated workers and only having 2 petroleum (through trade - and that was all there was available!). Which gave Elodie a chance to win (no idea how - I killed her mind-flower construction several times...). I reloaded 5 turns back, deleted all workers, and finished the turn before her.

Virtues - went for free settler, then 3 might (scavenging and the other alien crap) and I started getting aliens and nests. Really gave me a boost in the beginning.

Initial tech - tried rushing Gene Vault and Ectogenesis pod but ARC beat me to the latter by two turns (fml). Then rushed battlesuits and then just teched to 13 affinity.

Honestly, could have been many times better but I was sick and tired of this game and just wanted it to end. Next I will try my favourite affinity, Supremacy, and a new expansion pattern.

Good night and good luck!

Attachments

• ACL 2 Anomandaris.CivBESave
    900.4 KB · Views: 108
Christ, you sure took your sweet time :D

edit: Elodie got the mind flower up before turn 190, I mean CHRIST HOW DOES SHE DO THAT EVERY GAME. Anyway, with my death squads stranded halfway across the map cleaning up filth, there was no way I can rally in time. And there's also no way I'm replaying this any time soon, warmongering is the thing I hate the most in Civ games

Another Challenge game completed. I finished turn 230 Domination.

Spoiler :
Here's the screenshot.
Spoiler :

I started Prosperity to the free colonist then went Might through the +affinity virtue. Then back to Prosperity to the bottom of the tree and the tier 2 Prosperity kicker. Then again back into Might for the free affinity level.

I got my first three cities up and was thinking of going purity. I researched engineering fairly early, earlier than I normally would, discovered no titanium and decided to go Supremacy. I didn't have any affinity levels at this point but my "contain the outbreak" quest I went the Purity route and got a bugged a quest that I couldn't complete (again no algae in the capital!) I did not receive the Ultrasonic Fence quest until turn 130! even though it was maybe the 5th or 6th building I had built.

I went into robotics and the leaf tech for CNDRs then filled in the other Supremacy leaf techs. I took Citadela around t120 with marines and gunners. They never expanded so that was the end of them. I healed up and went after Hutama next. ARC was already at war with them so I pretty much just had to walk through and take his cities. PAU had settled cities between my main cities and Freeland so I had to trade Open Borders with ARC to get at Hutama's capital.

After this, I went into Bionics for the institute free tech and terraforming for terrascapes. After taking Freeland, eliminating Polystralia completely, FI and SF DoW'd me. They stayed perma war with me the rest of the game. I went after Elodie first, because she was more accessible. I screwed up my institute timing and didn't get any useful techs from the free tech. Elodie had an affinity level higher than me so the war with her was a long, drawn out slog. She was level 5 harmony and I was level 4. Eventually I got ahead and took her capital. She had another city on an island to the west so she remained in the game and would never make peace.

At this point I was affinity 9. I relocated my troops to take on the Slavics again aided by ARC. I used Orbital Lasers and took 2 of his cities relatively quickly. His terrain was rough and unimproved so it was difficult getting troops in. I researched for CRVRs at this point but my science sucked really bad.

I decided to take on ARC next. I put up another Orbital Laser and once I reached level 12 and Prime CNDRs, she fell quickly.

After this, the last two were really just mop-up. I lost Freeland to PAU briefly, wiped out his army and finally got rid of those pesky cities crowding my lands. I sent Redeemers and Arbiters to Magan and crushed it. He immediately made peace.

I orbital transported my army and navy right into Kavitha's lands. I had to go through one other city, but I think in total the war with her lasted 4 turns.

I'm really surprised at all the comments about no titanium. Run this map twice (gonna restart a 3rd time through sometime this week, prob post a report from that one), been settling my first city where Aintza is in Lucius' screenshot without issue. Easy titantium (well, only 6 but whatever), lots of floatstone with some firaxite and xenomass to boot, blocks AI expansion, leaves an obvious hole for backfilling with a city or two later, and makes for a city to trade with Elodie and Bolivar for awhile before turning the guns on them. Can be annoying if Elodie tries to slap up an outpost right next to you (happened in my second game, but not my first), but a Taigan map with frenzied aliens is a wonderful excuse to spam soldiers anyway, so yea.

Christ, you sure took your sweet time :D

edit: Elodie got the mind flower up before turn 190, I mean CHRIST HOW DOES SHE DO THAT EVERY GAME. Anyway, with my death squads stranded halfway across the map cleaning up filth, there was no way I can rally in time. And there's also no way I'm replaying this any time soon, warmongering is the thing I hate the most in Civ games

You don't HAVE to warmonger just because the challenge encourages it; no one is gonna complain if you post a peaceful affinity/contact victory. :)

Had a fun time getting through this challenge. Will play again and again probably to test strategies.

Turn 249 Emancipation Victory
Spoiler :

This is my first Taiga map and holy crap what a difference, No RP or Expedition Sites make for a good baseline in terms of testings strategies with less lucky variables than we already face with the Building Quest timer and Random affinity quests(bugs).

Note: I decided to try an idea I had with rushing Autoplants and Spies so this is a hodgepodge trial run of me seeing how it goes, I am just happy it came out with a win.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Early Game (Pre-T100)
Spoiler :

Lifeform scanner and Pangaea gives away western shore is ocean, Wanting to rush autoplants some good international trade science is a must to exploit, so I send my Explorer NW finds coast and follows it South to FI to sight a path for Trade Vessel routes, and look for Pods/ExpSites(at this point I didn't realize there were none). Spawn is set on water and I don't care if it is a lake I can see 4 tiles either way down its shores and know I can at least get some trade vessels out using it, big enough to use early game time to scout trade route paths and maybe steal some RPs.

Virtues I planned from start will go 3 Prosperity 8 Industry 10 Knowledge Rest Might.

Tech I have planned so far as Pioneering>Engineering>Autoplants>Computing, rest is flybyseat of my pants as with Affinity.

Basic early game with added difference of placing colonists where I usually never would but don't care because after the last ACL I know I should probably rush out some 3 spaced cities asap.

Improvements went Farms around Tiangong to start with then I ended up focus spamming Generators.

I have FarBaseOne drop so there is one quest, I put it on hold for now since trying to rush AP/Spies.

V3 Colonist goes East on shore, Explorer dies to aliens after turning east at Le Coeur. Hekima Station(6:c5food:4:c5culture:) drops 2 Tiles South of capital on western shore 3 hexes out from FarbaseOne which dropped midland 5 hexes south leaving my shore spot to the south open. This is likely due to my not scouting the inland sea as the hexes they landed on both had been scouted from my shoreline trade vessel sight pathing or just luck I get my 2 spots I was hoping for at least.

Infantrymen from our new Colony heads north and east scouting out some 3 locations of Floatstone but lots of stupid snow, Taiga is WAY crappier than a desert planet so far as I care to say. Reports from the infantrymen of a western ocean coast and Hutama of Polystralia send his greetings, they tried to head south towards ARC'signal and got blocked by Expansion cities and Aliens, fearing the hordes of wild beasts the men headed back west around the canyon and alien nests and scouted the rest of our huge lake. They have setup camp at the Nhiet Tinh chokepoint to await further orders to investigate the weird happenings heard from Far Base One stowaways.

Expanding now my 4th and 5th cities on coastline, been getting some "building cities to aggressively" messages from other civilizations but have made friends with ARC and FI so it seems like it is going be a fairly calm early game, wait wait Brasilia what are you doing with so many rangers marching through the snow, don't know if he wants FBO or me but I queue up 2 Combat Rovers and an Artillery.

Turn 70 comes and like a smack to the face, ARC back stabs me and goes from friendly to joining Brasilia with a double DoW.

<< Excerpts from Colony Archives >>
<< Personal Log, Daoming Sochua >>
Spoiler :
So I dispatch production orders for a combat rover unit from our new autoplant and 2 ranger squads after the scientists finally finish working on their projectile propulsion system they had been working to develop. My choke-point to the south between the canyon and the lake is being held by our only Infantry to the West of the city with new positions for the rangers setup to fire from within the safety of the walls. I order my other rover unit to block the western pass at the canyon and await the newly teched defensive rangers for support. Nhiet Tinh takes a blasting from rangers as does the poor infantry squad holding the eastern lakeside flank. The western pass is a tough nut to crack and my combat rovers hold defensively against the Brazilian counterparts safely out of gunfire range. Holy crap how many ranger regiments do you have, Brasilia has been raising an army since we arrived on this planet, this is why I need intel on our so called neighbors! Rangers and City defenses target the breaching forces! Infantry Squad take a break and let the combat rovers take over defending the walls while you rest.

The western pass is held firm, units are seen trying to use the small lake to get towards our capital but our spotters see them and alert the city defenses at Nhiet Tinh and Tiangong. Anything seen entering boats is blasted to smithereens, the enemy only tries a few times but with the sudden loses to their breaching forces and with the arrival of our rangers I order my combat rovers to rush the enemy ranger positions and send them packing.

It seems ARC was bluffing or their forces were eaten by aliens, whichever, I'm just glad they didn't show up or our positions would likely have been overwhelmed. The War isn't over, but the battle is won.

We have established trade 2 more stations located in the polar northern snowfields, on the western shore, Camp Cascade (5:c5gold: and 5:c5food:) and New Babylon on the eastern shore(5:c5culture: and 4:c5gold:). We have heard word from a station called Palatine(10:c5culture:) to the south past FI's borders and intend to commence trading with them ASAP.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Tech: Pioneering>Engineering>Robotics>Ecology>Physics>Computing>Genetics
V> M0.P3.K0.I6

0 Affinity 2 Quests- Occupational Hazard(2 Alien Preserves) Dogmatic Engineering(Kill FarBaseOne)

4 Cities 8 Trade Routes

Mid Game (T101-T200)
Spoiler :

T120 Destroy FBO, Spot FI Forces massed in the area
V> M0.P3.K0.I6
Tech: Chemistry>Autonomous Systems>Planetary Surverying>Alien Lifeforms
Affinity: 2 Supremacy
Spoiler :

T146 6 Cities 3 Outposts War with FI/Poly
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

T160ish
Poly/Brasilia Eliminated, 3 Poly/1 Brasilia/2 FI Cities Annexed
V> M0.P3.K1.I8
Tech: Power Systems>Fabrication>Alien Biology>Tactical Robotics>Communications>Cybernetics
Affinity: 1H 5S Quest: "Written in Stone" Started
All Mainland Cities Magrailed

T185
FI Peace T176 w/2 Cities Annexed
Tech: Biochemistry>Cognition>Organics>Artificial Intelligence>
(Captured Gran Exito had Institute for Free Tech, took Field Theory, Built Quantam Computer, Free Hypercomputing)
Affinity:1H 7S Quests: Written in Stone and Beauty in the Eye of the Orbiter Completed
V> M0.P3.K1.I8

Late Game (Post-T200)
Spoiler :

After Peace treaty with FI I moved my CNDR's to the ARC battlefront and before I could get into range with Vanguard she offers peace and Vanguard. I take the deal, my eyes hurting from staying up all night and started to mass queue buildings, automate workers and monotonously grind through playing the long turns. This is when I lose my focus and start working up Supremacy tech for Emancipation when clearly Domination would have ended faster but with longer time spent on each turn. After FI Peace Treaty ended and I teleport dropped in with some angels and took her last 2 cities and got her Ecto Pod, this just made everything worse as I start teching Farms and random crap when I could have just massed Redeemers and probably rolled through AU, SF, and KP then surrounded ARC on all sides and crushed her.

T223 Emancipation Gate Started(16 Turns)

T232 Got bored with Peaceful but slow ending. Decided to have one last go and with 7 turns on Emancipation gate DoW on ARC and teleported in with my 5 Angels. At this point of the game ARC had devoured SF, and seemed to tech only Defense, Central 102 str/Amity 89/Liberty 87. Sadly I forgot I did not have Prime Angels yet, so I rush tech 5 Purity. After my first wave 2 Teleporters unload 8 Units, PAU gets pissy about my satellites and counters with a huge POS satellite to block my next wave. So I fail to wipe out Central due to Satellite block and lack of strength in my first wave.
I have taken Amity and Liberty and approach Central with my True Angels, ARC offers peace. Outcome 2 captured + 4 offered Cities.

Teleport my Angels back to Huanle(My Coastal City I used for Wonders) and surround Gate with 6 Angels and I can buy an Angel every other turn, had set all my building except Huanle to Research Developement, end game turn 249.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

I learned a few cool things I'll have to try to flush out any viable strategy with some focused playing not so early in the AM.

Attachments

• ACL #2 249 SupGen.CivBESave
    793.8 KB · Views: 115
I'm really surprised at all the comments about no titanium. Run this map twice (gonna restart a 3rd time through sometime this week, prob post a report from that one), been settling my first city where Aintza is in Lucius' screenshot without issue. Easy titantium (well, only 6 but whatever), lots of floatstone with some firaxite and xenomass to boot

I tried to play my second attempt not knowing there was the titanium there and instead settling where I thought it would be best based on what I could see. I'm somewhat tempted to try again and settle that to see how fast I can win, but so much of that is luck on what quests you get for affinity points.

My first attempt led to me establishing 6 cities by turn 100. Unfortunately Elodie, Bolivar, Hutama and Suzanne didn't like that and DoWd me. So I'm currently fighting a 100 year war and just barely keeping tech parity while I pump out a CNDR every 2 turns. Currently turn 130-ish. Will post again when I win/lose.

Turn 236 Emancipation Victory.

So I managed to shave 13 turns off my previous go.

Spoiler :
This attempt I tried to avoid pissing off my neighbors as best as possible. I held off full blown city zerging to avoid "aggressive city expansion" flags as I thought that was the main trigger for pre 100 wars. I managed to avoid any wars until Poly/FI DoW on T155. And a late game DoW from PAU/FI T231, 5 turns before victory, almost lost Freeland/Prosperite but already had angels popping out/purchased to win.

What this meant was I only built 7 cities and had 4(3 Poly 1 FI) annexed cities from FI/Poly War. I also got 6k energy from Elodie in peace deal.

Tech
Again this game was Rush Autoplants
Pion>Engin>Robotics>Ecology>Chemistry>Physics(T79)>Genetics>Planetary Surverying>Computing>Power Systems>Tactical Robotics(T115)>Alien lifeforms>Autonomous Systems(T125)>Fabrication(T133)>Alien Biology>Cognition>Collaborative Thought(T158)>Communications>AI>Synthetic Thought(T191)>Organics>Orbital Networks>Bioengineering>Misc Harmory Affinity Techs

Cybernetics/Autogyros/Hypercomputing were steal tech and Neural Uploading/Field Theory were free.

Virtues
This game I went 3 Prosperity, then 5 down Might for 20% affinity and free affinity. Then Down Industry 8, then 1 Knowledge and took 9th industry for +6 GPT per tier Station virtue towards the end of the game. This plan worked out well as I pre researched but held off on finishing affinity techs until after T95 when I got the 20% virtue.

Affinity
I destroyed FBO turn 86 for my first Affinity point, after turn 95 20% affinity virtue I finished Power Systems and Tact Robo to get 4 affinity on turn 115 and started my first CNDR. Completed Alien Preserves(Occupational Hazard) quest for Sup 5, and T125 hit Auto Systems for Sup 6. Familiar Exotics was bugged(Want Petrol in city w/o). Collaborative/Synthetic Thought for other affinity techs were researched. Cybernetics/Autogyros/Hyperconducting were my steal tech focus. I got Steel Synaspe and Eye of the Orbitor for last affinity quests giving me 13 Supremacy on turn 200. I had missed fitting in Orbital Networks and so did not start gate construction until T209 w/21 turns to finish(shaved time down to 17 Turns w/focus production and trade route adjustments). I was 1 Harmony affinity short when gate finished but still managed to get 10 turn clock 88x1+102x9=1006.

So gate pending I still need to hit upgrade for angels. My war with Elodie earned me a free institute in Prosperite which I again used the free tech on Field Theory which got Quantum Computer building, I delayed the construction until after I had Hyperconducting done(T204) so used free tech on Neural Uploading.

I had to to sell buildings and set all focus on energy after gate construction started to get all 10 of my angels to pop on turn or with purchase on turns w/o production angels. Xenomalleum was not completed until after gate was done so I was not running to much surplus energy before then to save for angels.

Victory Screen
Spoiler :

Virtues
Spoiler :

Overview of land/cities
Spoiler :

Scoreboard
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Daoming Sochua_TURN 236.CivBESave
    807.6 KB · Views: 121
Ok, had to make a fresh run of it and won a Domination victory on Turn 245. My biggest obstacle was Elodie. She kept tech parity for most of the game and being my trading buddy meant she stayed that way a bit to long. Eventually I unlocked the most OP unit: Evolved Battle Suits (+40% When Alone). These things wreck, especially if you manage to capture Cynosure. Fully upgraded you're looking at 125 Strength on the attack and 145 on the defense. Even fresh out the gate you're looking at 92 Strength. The faster you get these beauties, the better.

Spoiler Notables :

So I ultra forward settled Elodie to grab the Titanium and began rushing battle suits. Elodie's army was significatly bigger than mine so she wasn't a good target, but as it turned out she wanted joint war against Hutama. OK. So after slapping him about with Suits and taking his capital I went after Rjenaldo. Why he didn't expand I'll never know.

It was here I decided to prune out Elodie. She had been forward settling me like crazy, boxing me into the frozen north like I was one of the Other. So I positioned myself and ambushed all of her forward cities. She surrendered just as Kathiva DoW me. So I begin a 30 turn campaign wiping her off the map. I still cant take Elodie's cap yet cause she got Nanothermite. But it would only be a few more turns before I got Evolved Suits (around T200?) At this point I steamrolled everyone. Lev Tanks also did a fare share of heavy lifting. Not only were the great fire support for Cities and Navy, their ability knock down satellites made going after Jama Barre much easier as he was smothered in solar collectors.

If I could get my tech rate up faster, I could afford to take out Elodie sooner rather than later and just roll everyone that much quicker.
Spoiler Winning SS :

Turn 246 Purity Domination(13 turns on Exodus)
Spoiler :

This was a pain in the butt. Even with a T12 OER quest so like T26 V3, Elodie would snipe the titantium spawn right before I get there. Revert save and ignore that spawn I take the island spawn west and buy some titanium from her. I avoided wars until I just had to knock elodie into place, feeding all that trade route science got her to be first to 13 affinity.

Biggest differences in this game, ARC was held to 1 city by AI, Brasilia actually expanded to 5 cities. Slavs held 2nd best to PAU the Island settling king. Gotta agree Improved Battlesuits are wreck, but mass Dragoons are what I really used to wipe up the most cities with greatest speed.

PAU was Solar Covered So I spawned offshore a few spaces and came in with 5 waves of units. I let PAU and SF Fester because they did not push 13 affinity as fast as Elodie.

All in all, I really need to hammer out a better build/tech order for Purity, but with this scenario I just think I wont be able to beat my supremacy time.

Win Screenshot
Spoiler :

Last Arbitor Dropin on slav who was hording units.
Spoiler :

Top Bottom