1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Atlas Project

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Utility Programs' started by Junuxx, Nov 4, 2005.

1. Kanzera

Kanzera LOLOLOLOL

I assume this isn't gonna make it to BtS?

2. Junuxx

Junuxx Emperor

I have to admit that this project has been pretty dead the last few.. well, years really. But the plans still remain. Maybe I'll work on it this summer.

3. MadHaTr

MadHaTr Chieftain

I was a bit surprised when i got an email from this thread. I haven't been here in a long long time. I think you should finish Junuxx, if you do have time in the summer. This was a great project.

4. Kanzera

Kanzera LOLOLOLOL

So there's hope? :please:

EDIT: I was just playing BtS, and I saw the map I made on the list of scenarios. I tried it, and it worked fine, so that takes care of that...

5. silverjack100

silverjack100 Chieftain

Very cool. This kind of reminds me of the old days of playing Sim Earth!

6. Jarlaxe Baenre

Jarlaxe Baenre Emperor

Sorry, very sorry for the necro, but I saw this in a guy's sig after he posted about what random maps he uses in General Discussions, and I was wondering: Is this mac compatible?

7. Junuxx

Junuxx Emperor

It should be, yes, if you have Java installed. There are very few system-specific components. I can only think of a call to the Windows registry when saving a map (so you're automatically directed to your Civ folder). If I handled that situation correctly it should still *work* on a Mac though.

My plans for a new version are getting bolder and bolder, but actual progress isn't much.

8. Gr3yHound

Gr3yHound Mr.MapView

Have you read my pm? Any thoughts?

9. Dragonxander PR

Dragonxander PR Emperor of the Drakons

I've used the Atlas map generator mostly to create custom map sizes for scenarios--that to me is my favorite feature. I have also experimented with the map generation itself, & the only problem I'm finding is with regards of the river generation--they aren't made correctly, & unless I set the river density to really high levels, the amount of rivers is still not optimal.

Something I would do with this is create the map w/o rivers, & then add them via WorldBuilder, & to my liking. If you can take care of that detail, I'd be really satisfied with this.

@ Kanzera--this works for BtS, but if you want to select BtS-exclusive options, you can load the map as a 'Custom Scenario' & add them.

10. Ferrouswheel

Ferrouswheel Chieftain

fantastic!!!