The Barbarians Are Coming

Yeah, I wondered about that. Sounds like falling behind in tech is even more dangerous, if even the barbs can gain a tech lead on you.

It'd be easy to imagine, too - a civ you haven't even met yet gets a little advanced, and the first you know about it is the appearance of shinjy new Barb units you don't have counters for yet...

:eek:

I lol'ed at picture =)
So Scientfic Civs got an edge there? Since at least they would get the edge against barbs?

have an edge on them, and make them miserable for everyone else... :)

was just listening to the polycast focus on civ 5, and i think John Schafer was saying that in one of their test runs (AI vs AI) a barb managed to actually build a nuke and use it, lol.

guessing that got fixed pretty quick.

What's truly scary is that on the highest difficulty levels the AI will get bonus happiness and production along with bonus units and tech.

So you could easily get roughed up by Barbs on levels above Prince. ;)

This isn't true. They're only more likely to make smarter decisions. They don't get superficial bonuses anymore.

This isn't true. They're only more likely to make smarter decisions. They don't get superficial bonuses anymore.

actually, its both.

Read the .pdf Manual and you'll see.

was just listening to the polycast focus on civ 5, and i think John Schafer was saying that in one of their test runs (AI vs AI) a barb managed to actually build a nuke and use it, lol.

guessing that got fixed pretty quick.

rogue states obtaining nuclear weapons and using them for mayhem? Sounds like a cool gameplay dynamic, potentially

Top Bottom