The Battering Ram

WileyNg

Prince
Hey all,

Is it possible to make the Battering Ram obsolete later? It's more than 2 times cheaper than the trebuchet, doesn't require iron but just as useful as trebuchet. I just thought that for the Huns, both AI and the player can both be made stronger if the battering ram stay for longer well into the medieval times.

Perhaps it could be made to coexist with the trebuchet?

Thoughts?

Hey all,

Is it possible to make the Battering Ram obsolete later? It's more than 2 times cheaper than the trebuchet, doesn't require iron but just as useful as trebuchet. I just thought that for the Huns, both AI and the player can both be made stronger if the battering ram stay for longer well into the medieval times.

Perhaps it could be made to coexist with the trebuchet?

Thoughts?

It shouldn't obsolete until gunpowder, that's how all other UUs work.

I think the battering ram is beautiful as it is. I personally still fear them when I see Attila shuffling a horde of them near my borders.

Really? You sure? I couldn't recall getting them after physics is researched?

Maybe somehow I remembered wrong. Sorry then. My bad.

I'm not saying that's how it is, I'm saying that's how it should be.
UUs should obsolete when their first upgrade obsolete. Catapults(like the battering ram) when you get access to cannons, Jaguar warriors when you get access to pikemen, and so on.

It's Catapult-Trebuchet-Cannon actually. So rams get obsolete at the trebuchet step.

It's Catapult-Trebuchet-Cannon actually. So rams get obsolete at the trebuchet step.

Well that's what I am saying.
Battering ram is actually better than trebuchet in some sense.
So I think it would be great to make it obsolete later.
Guess I have to repeat myself again...

UUs should obsolete when their first upgrade obsolete.

Let's take this REALLY slowly.
A battering-ram is a catapult, A catapults first upgrade is a trebuchet, a trebuchet obsoletes at Gunpowder, when you get access to cannons.
So battering-rams should obsolete at Gunpowder.

Hey, what if we make battering rams obsolete at Gunpowder when you get access to cannons? (sorry had to said that)

But seriously, I agree with this idea :)

Hey, what if we make battering rams obsolete at Gunpowder when you get access to cannons? (sorry had to said that)

But seriously, I agree with this idea :)

It's not a matter of agreeing or not, they should obsolete at gunpowder. If they obsolete before gunpowder, then that's a bug and should be reported as such. Preferably to the github thingie.
I don't really feel like trying this out myself, but if anyone cares to do it, please try it and and check where they go obsolete, then report it as a bug.

It's not a matter of agreeing or not, they should obsolete at gunpowder. If they obsolete before gunpowder, then that's a bug and should be reported as such. Preferably to the github thingie.
I don't really feel like trying this out myself, but if anyone cares to do it, please try it and and check where they go obsolete, then report it as a bug.

YEp understood.
I will try that out again and probably it's a bug

Top Bottom