• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

The Beautiful Soundtrack of Civ 5

TheMarshmallowBear

Benelovent Chieftain of the Ursu Kingdom
The composers of this are just amazing, nothing is more beautiful than the tracks they provide (especially the European ones)

So what are you favourite tracks?

Also, does anyone else think they should remove the "Either" folders and split the songs into eithe r"Peace" or "War"? I hate hearing the same songs over and over, I actually rarely get to hear Fields of Poppies or Yerosholaim, Suleman of the Sultans, or Slow Fall...

I like Sweden's peace theme.

Also I love England's theme, the one that plays during Elizabeth's leader screen. I see that as one good thing about playing as England, that you get to hear that music without going into diplomacy.

I agree, and they fixed the bugs where the music is skipped, so you are guaranteed to hear it in full (and during war, the same)

Although I'm hoping BNW will fix the War music bug which seems to loop or constantly skip songs.

well, i like ethiopia's peace theme, and alex's peace too, makes me want to sleep :lol:
also like russia's war theme

Sweden has the best peacetime music in the game. 'Nuff said. Runners-up are Ethiopia, England, Arabia, and Spain.
I do like the Celts' music, but unfortunately it has a tendency to make me sleepy (too relaxing...)

Whenever I'm doing a Classics assignment I play Alexander's peace theme, sets the mood nicely. I also like Isabella's War theme, both Rast Medhals and Tierra Callowaya (Others too, but those are the only ones I know by name). I'm also expecting good things from the BNW soundtrack

I really love Field of Poppies. Sad thing is, it only ever plays when I'm nuking someone :(

I do like the Celts' music, but unfortunately it has a tendency to make me sleepy (too relaxing...)

I know right. Celts theme is too relaxing. But in a good way. Sometimes when I meet Boudicca I'll just sit at her leaderscreen and listen to the music

Definitely one of my favorite tracks

Glad it's not just me who finds Boudicca's theme soporific!

My favourite music in the game is Elizabeth's war theme. Second is Askia's peace which is just lovely. I also really like Sweden's peace, Theodora's peace, Bismarck's war, Dido's peace, William's peace..

I am very disappointed in all of you, you should all be ashamed of yourselves for not giving any love to Austria nor Carthage..........shame shame shame ;) except you blackcatatonic you should only feel half-shame cuz you did mention Dido :)

My current favs in no particular order:

Ethiopia - Peace and War
Austria - Peace and War
Carthage - Peace and War
America - Peace and War
Germany - Peace
Sweden - War
Arabia - War
Ottoman - Peace

I cannot believe The Huns' war theme was not mentioned yet! :lol: Their peace theme is good too, but the war theme is incredible!
And what about England's?!? I Vow To Thee, My Country is one of the most beautiful pieces in the game, both peace and war!

Sweden's is also incredible, both war and peace, and I quite like Spain's too.

And while I'm at it, Gods & Kings Main Theme is just... I have no words...

I've already fallen in love with Ahmed's theme... haha..

Where did you hear Ahmad al-Mansur's? :eek:

No contest, it has to be the Japanese Peace song. Beautiful melody.
Then there's the Aztec peace song. Those pipes are dreamy.

I'm not sure which civilization it was, I think it was korea (definatly an asian one). Very peaceful and someone was singing : "pling plong pling plong". At first I thought it was hilarious, but I've had that song stuck in my head for 3 days now :D

According to my music player there is around 23 hours of music in Civ5 since the release of BNW!

I actually cannot believe it but that is what it says.

Almost 400 tracks.

The amazing thing about this beautiful music is that much of it appears to be specifically composed for the game can anyone confirm that?

I like Sweden's peace theme.

Also I love England's theme, the one that plays during Elizabeth's leader screen. I see that as one good thing about playing as England, that you get to hear that music without going into diplomacy.

I like England's theme too. It's a well-known British song called "I Vow To Thee My Country". It was played at both Churchill's and Princess Diana's funerals. Sweden's theme is just the Swedish national Anthem, Du gamla du fria, but a really nice rendition.

I'm a great fan of Poland's theme too in BNW! I even looked it up in Wikipedia! Turns out it's a famous Polish Christmas Carol, but it was used as the coronation march of Polish kings way back too. Lovely!

I dislike the background music on the title screen for BNW. I'd like a mod to change the title music into Christopher Tin's Baba Yetu from Civilization IV actually. Now there's a Civ theme if there ever was one.

There's some really good music going on in Civilization V though and I like most of the classical background music.

Question: My favorites are Genghis Khan and (now) Pocatello's peace themes... I can't figure out how to get those songs. I see that most of the other music is in MP3 format and I'm deducing that Genghis is an .ogg. I have no idea where Poca is but I'm sure it'll be the same file type. How do I get these songs into .mp3's? I saw a few forums on here that've suggested conversion software but while I'm tech savvy, I wasn't savvy enough to figure those ones out...

In the few years we've had this game, have we figured out easy access to these songs for shoving them into iPods and whatnot?

Sweden has the best peacetime music in the game.

My favourite music in the game is Elizabeth's war theme. Second is Askia's peace which is just lovely. I also really like Sweden's peace, Theodora's peace, Bismarck's war, Dido's peace, William's peace..

As someone else pointed out, swedish theme is our national anthem but what I find amazing about it is the genuine swedish folk music sound the composer have created in this piece.

Lizzys war theme is fantastic, the arrangement is just superb, I love how it escalates - perfect soundtrack for a destructive war.

Top Bottom