The bumped thread plague

Status
Not open for further replies.

onedreamer

Dragon
- To the people still in their right minds: stop replying to bumped threads, you only contribute to further bump them.
- To the people who bump 2 years old threads: if you want to discuss something just open a new thread. Normally replying to an existing thread is preferrable, but not when the thread is 2 years old, it's about completely outdated themes, and your reply is either completely off topic, or completely obsolete, since if the discussion ended 2 years ago, it means people are done with it.

There is now a chaos of mixed old/new threads in the first page, can we please reorganize things so that one should not browse to the third page to find a 2 days old thread while a 2 years old thread is in the first page ?
Thank you for helping restore a normal situation.

I'm admittedly new to this forum, and seeing 2 year old discussions with bumps and further discussion is very confusing. If I've replied to any its because I saw the recent replies and not the initial dates.

Its very confusing.

I do. It's interfering with work we're doing on a RFC-based modcomp, and most of the stuff that's been added to bumped threads is worthless. It's not clear to me whether dabur is trolling or borderline ******ed, but with others, (poppacandy, rossiya, carolingian) they're clearly trolling. Congratulations, guys - you've successfully annoyed some guy on the internet. Please go back to whatever you normally do with your time.

I'm also in favor of locking threads that have been dead for over a year. At this point, if there's anything new to say, they can start a new thread. And if what they have to say isn't worth its weight in donkey feces, as most of these posts have been, the thread can be removed easily. Simple enough.

I wouldn't mind it at all if it weren't threads about stuff that has been solved long time ago and aren't problems anymore, or about things Rhye isn't gonna add anyway.

It's not clear to me whether dabur is trolling or borderline ******ed,

I have thought that dabur's replies could be part of a mission to get to 1000 posts quickly or something similar. Otherwise, I can't see the point in a lot of them.

It's not clear to me whether dabur is trolling or borderline ******ed, but with others, (poppacandy, rossiya, carolingian) they're clearly trolling.

:lol: How about Rhye himself? He's just bumped an old soccer thread. Is he trolling? :lol:

If anybody's trolling, that's you St. Lucifer. Especially when you insult the newcomers (Oldschooler, Dabur) calling them "stupid", "******ed", etc. The mods should issue you a warning.

Speaking for myself, I'm not bothered by old threads. I'd rather ask the mods to lock OT-threads such as this one.

:lol: How about Rhye himself? He's just bumped an old soccer thread. Is he trolling? :lol:

If anybody's trolling, that's you St. Lucifer. Especially when you insult the newcomers (Oldschooler, Dabur) calling them "stupid", "******ed", etc. The mods should issue you a warning.

Speaking for myself, I'm not bothered by old threads. I'd rather ask the mods to lock OT-threads such as this one.

Please note that I didn't call you stupid. You're quite adept at what you're doing, which is trolling. You're contributing nothing and deliberately irritating people, but at least you're not bumping 40 ancient threads to the top of the pile while contributing nothing of any value to them. This makes you a less polite term for the posterior end of the digestive system, but not an idiot.

If the mods would care to issue me a warning for calling people out on what they're doing, they're more than welcome to do so. If Rhye wants to talk soccer on his board, he's within his rights to do so. If you want to behave like the hindquarters of a horse, you are within your rights to do so, but I wish you'd do it elsewhere.

This makes you a less polite term for the posterior end of the digestive system, but not an idiot. If the mods would care to issue me a warning for calling people out on what they're doing, they're more than welcome to do so. If Rhye wants to talk soccer on his board, he's within his rights to do so. If you want to behave like the hindquarters of a horse, you are within your rights to do so, but I wish you'd do it elsewhere.

Comparing somebody to the "posterior of the digestive system" or the "hindquarters of a horse" is a plain insult, albeit somewhat more recherché than "stupid" or "******ed". St Lucifer, I will not call you a "troll" because I appreciate the work you are doing for the Euro-Modcomp. But, having said that, you clearly deserve a warning from the mods.

No, he's quite in the right. The average quality of posts has dropped significantly in the last week due to a small number of people. The flood of new posts doesn't worry me in itself, but what puts me off is the fact that I know they are going to be, for the most part, stupid.

The average quality of posts has dropped significantly in the last week due to a small number of people. The flood of new posts doesn't worry me in itself, but what puts me off is the fact that I know they are going to be, for the most part, stupid.
I totally concur with these sentiments.

I have been tracking several threads in this forum via email notification, and recently have been forced to cease doing so because there is almost always nothing worth reading in the new posts.

Just to be clear on terminology: bumping generally refers to bringing a thread that's quite far down the index to the top. Thus, it's really only the first person that posts who's doing the bumping.

I have thought that dabur's replies could be part of a mission to get to 1000 posts quickly or something similar. Otherwise, I can't see the point in a lot of them.

no , not at all , in fact the mods may take as many posts away as they please , ...

pffff the number of posts does not state anything about one

as for the rest , if each time so one does something that this small group seem not to like and you will make a thread out of it , then its normal people run to a few other sites , ...

there are a few small countries out there who need dictators , maybe civ has gone to a few peoples heads , ....

if you make a new thread it aint good , if you replay it aint good , make up your mind :rolleyes:

is it to hard to find the right ' forum ' for this ? this thread does not belong in this sub forum , ..... yeah some people want to get more posts , .... that is obvious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom