The Civ Zone!!!!

brandon.herren

NorthKorea Waterbottles:)
I decided to start yet another story :D Based on the show, The Twilight Zone :) (which if you haven't watched, is a great show http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4845778137898450685&hl=en&client=firefox-a) I plan to make many short stories for it, some including characters from some of my other stories. Some may be based on plots from actual episodes, while others will be of my own creation. I hope to capture the eerie feeling that I always got from watching the show. The first update will be Friday.
Sid Meier: There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as a huge map and as timeless as a marathon game. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between Scientific Method and Polytheism, and it lies between the fallout of man's fears and the summit of the Tech Tree's knowledge. This is the dimension of Civilization. It is an area which we call... the Civ Zone!!!!

This is going to be good. Subbed :D

Subbed.

@MaxWar
:lol: Yes, Head of an old rodent gets his appearence, and there will be a surprise character/ending :D
Disclaimer: I don't own the Twilight Zone. All rights go to CBS. I do own the Civ Zone...
Episode 1 Hope you guys like it (Based on "Time Enough at Last")
Turns Enough at Last
Sid Meier: There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as a huge map and as timeless as a marathon game. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between Scientific Method and Polytheism, and it lies between the fallout of man's fears and the summit of the Tech Tree's knowledge. This is the dimension of Civilization. It is an area which we call... the Civ Zone!!!!

*Camera shifts to David (Head of an Old Rodent)...*

Sid Meier: This is David, he works in a bank in the land of Civ...

"I'm sorry, I was reading the Civilopedia. Have you ever read it? It has some interesting articles..." David started. But when he looked up, the Man had left. David sighed, but continued to read his book, until he was tapped on the shoulder. He turned around, seeing none other than his boss (Roosevelt). Roosevelt stepped forward gesturing David to follow him towards an office.
"David! Were you reading again????" Roosevelt shouted at David, who nodded solemnly.
"Yes sir. Civilopedia, and the Story of a Rodent. Have you read it?" David asked, holding out the books. Roosevelt just laughed, before remarking "It's a wonder your still working for the government! I remember when you were my incompetent adviser... Well, I'm willing to give you one more shot, but NO more reading! You should be doing your job!"
David nodded, and quickly scurried out of the office. As he walked out, he proceeded to walk down the hallway, grabbing a book titled, "The Player of Civ" before he walked back over to his post.

Its a shame i never really watched the twilight zone, so i would probably miss all the connected puns. I do remember an episode however when a man injected himself some nanobots prototypes. He became a superman, but in the end he was starting to mutate horribly and was unable to die.

Great start! You do this just as well as comedic stories, which is to say very well :)

Great start! You do this just as well as comedic stories, which is to say very well :)
Thanks! :) I'll try to get the next update up by the end of the day, but not too soon, as it's 12:10 AM in California right now...

Finally, Update #2 for this story, and the conclusion of QUADRUPLE UPDATE DAY! :)

David, scurried out of the bank, walking back towards his apartment. He walked through the hallway, which had pictures of the former Bank owners, Mansa, Peter, and Lenin. He opened to door, where his wife, Isabella, was standing right at the door, glaring at him. He backed a little, taken aback by the stare. She grabbed the book he had token, proceeding to throw it in a pile of shredded papers. She looked back over at him, and said "Were you reading again?". David, clearly frightened, nodded slightly maintaining a slight distance. She glared at him again, "This book reading of yours is pointless. If you don't meditate, the great Buddha will take his wrath on this world, and you will be to blame". "Promise me you won't read again" She demanded. David nodded, rather reluctantly, and sat down on a green chair. Isabella, went over into their kitchen, and as soon as she left, David immediately grabbed the newspaper, The S & T Times, and read once again. Unfortunately, he didn't seem to wait long enough, and within a minute, Isabella came back into the room, and wasn't the most thrilled at her husband's activity. David, not even noticing her, continued to read, his complete attention directed at the paper. Isabella, snuck up from behind him, grabbing the paper, and putting it where she had put the other book. She scowled menacingly, enough for David to rush out of the house, running all the way back to the bank. He barged in, bewildering the other employees, running over to grab a newspaper, and then doing something rather unexpected: He walked past Roosevelt's office, only to open up the lock and lock himself inside. He grinned at what he'd done, for he would finally be able to read in a peaceful place. He opened the newspaper-- the first article, ICBM capable of World Destruction. As if on cue, a massive shaking occured, disrupting David, as he heard a large ruckus. He opened the vault, only to see a massive pile of rubble....

"' There are weapons that are simple thoughts, attitudes, prejudices to be found only in the minds of men.'"(one of my lines from a play last year :D)

Subbed

Update :)

David walked out, eyeing the rubble around him. He carefully maneuvered through the great mess of bricks and wood, making his way to outside of the Bank, where the damage was just as apparent. David was in shock.
He shouted "ANYBODY!!!!" No response. So he shouted again "ANYBODY HERE!!!" Yet only the sound of his echo was heard. "What could have happened..." He mumbled to himself, continuing to walk around, looking for anything that could be useful. He soon came across a car filled with food, much to his delight. He grabbed a can or two sat back, and took out his newspaper, sitting down and relaxing. "Maybe this won't be too bad" He thought, as he browsed over more articles. But eventually after a few hours of reading, he got awfully bored of reading those articles over and over again... And as it was, his eye happened to spot a Musket just 10 feet away. "Oh gosh no. I have to survive..." He said, although his anxieties were beginning to take over. He walked over and grabbed the Musket pointing it at his own head, and securing the trigger. "Well, I suppose this is it..." However, in the last second, he caught sight of the Library of Civ. This caught his attention, and he dropped the musket, practically sprinting at the site. There he found shelves upon shelves filled with books. One shelf contained a years worth of S & T times newspapers. The others, had every single story ever created. "Wow!" He exclaimed, counting all of the books, looking for ones he liked. He spotted a good one, Welcome to RandomLand, by MaxWar, and sat down to read. He sighed happily, and flipped the first page, before some movement below caught his eye. He looked down, seeing a small rodent. "Wow... well, at least I'm not the only one" He said bringing his hands out for the small rodent to go on. The Rodent, with a mischievous glint, climbed up, jumping onto David's face, pulling off his glasses, and leaving them shattered on the ground. David, now void of sight, gasped, and realized the significance. He wouldn't be able to read. "That's not fair!" He shouted, the rodent moving away. "That's not fair!" He repeated. He nearly began to cry, looking up. "I had all the turns in the world..."

End of Episode

Sid Meier: Today, David learned the cruel lesson that is life. Rodents are always out to get you! Thankfully, such a scenario is confined to .... the Civ Zone!
(and Revenge of America :p)

Next Episode will be a new idea I came up with...

Hahahaha, i think this one is becoming my favorite of your stories, and i swear, it's got nothing to do about the fact that (not that i do not appreciate) you plugged RandomLand in it, I SWEAR! I never really watched the twilight zone, does not matter either at this point. Line such as: "Oh gosh no. I have to survive..." just get my attention :lol:

BTW: My cat slays rodents all the time ( not talking about Mansa, but my RL cat). Last summer she decimated an entire mouse nest. Best thing, she always would bring me the wounded/still living mice as presents for me to collect. David would have greatly benefited from her feline presence. But too bad, now he gotta survive, without glasses :lol:

David stumbled down the stairs by the library, face first into the rubble. He let out a weep, before struggling to stand back up, his vision still much to blurry to find his way. He walked uncertainly, both arms up, almost like some sort of zombie, in the wasteland of wastelands. It was getting dark already, and David was feeling very uncertain, as he walked a little farther. He bumped into something, reaching out to feel what it was. "Rather smooth" He thought. Clearly not wood, yet not metal as well. So cold, yet it's almost like... skin.... That couldn't be. He was the last one there, right... The feature exhaled, the air colliding against his hand. He backed away quickly, and through his blurred vision, he saw the shadow encroaching on him. He turned around running the other direction, but before long he stumbled on rubble, sending him back to the ground. He turned over, attempting to get up only to meet the dark eyes of the man. The man offered his hand, and David who was trembling as he grabbed the man's hand to pull himself back up. The man remained silent, before extending his hand out to shake David's, and finally speak in his low, raspy voice. "My name is Death, and I have a feeling we'll be good friends..."

Hooray, David got a new friend :D

Top Bottom