The Deity Challenge Lineup #12 - The Maya

Somehow I have memories of that issue being discussed some time ago, it rings a bell

That explains the severe delays on my GS generation, I recall the first natural one required 400. I thought using GE for the LtoP for another GS was good play but probably also delays GS.

Yeah, GAdm is good considering all the good science civs are on the other side.

I thought using GE for the LtoP for another GS was good play but probably also delays GS.
The 25% bonus will compensate the 100 points increase. I don't think it's a bad play at all. What are the alternatives? Hard build LToP and use GE on something else? From the GS generation point of view it's the same.
You could delay getting the GE until late in the game for a spacecraft part, but you risk missing on LToP or PT, so that can be worse.

The 25% bonus will compensate the 100 points increase. I don't think it's a bad play at all. What are the alternatives? Hard build LToP and use GE on something else? From the GS generation point of view it's the same.

Alternative is to hard build LToP and choose GS. :)

Yes but the GE you get from The Long Count already increased the GS/GE/GM threshold so it doesn't really matter if you use it on LToP or something else (I was referring to the GE from long count in the previous post, not to take a GE from LToP).

Is it optimum to delay the GE in the first place? If the GPr is skipped and the GE is skipped what remains? GS first, followed by GAdm (which is useless on a non continents map), GG is situational, GA is decent, GW can be useful too but later, but GM is pretty useless unless you play for Culture Victory.

Is it optimum to delay the GE in the first place? If the GPr is skipped and the GE is skipped what remains? GS first, followed by GAdm (which is useless on a non continents map), GG is situational, GA is decent, GW can be useful too but later, but GM is pretty useless unless you play for Culture Victory.

Well, you don't have to choose GE at all if you try to play optimaly - to finish as fast as possible (for science or diplo game).

My GP choices were sth like that:
1) GS - obvious choice for everyone who has some knowledge about game
2) GAdm - to find other civs fast
3) GW - to fill rationalism tree
4) GA - golden age is always usefull
5) GG - CS quests
6) GMusician -it's better to choose sth useless than increase counter.

That was all for my 202t DiploV, in late eras you get great persons not often, so I think it would be all even for fast science game (and Mayans are really good for it).

6) GMusician -it's better to choose sth useless than increase counter.

Can you explain why it's better to choose something useless than increase the counter, with a specific example? Perhaps I don't understand how the counter works, but my current thinking is:

A. You currently have 499/500 for Great Scientist, generating 10 GS points per turn. You choose a useless great person (i.e. absolutely no value, so the choice is irrelevant) and get a Great Scientist on the next turn. The subsequent Great Scientist will come 600/10 = 60 turns later.

B. You currently have 499/500 for Great Scientist, generating 10 GS points per turn. You choose a Great Scientist, bumping the counter up to 499/600. The subsequent Great Scientist will come (600-499)/10 = 11 turns later.

Edit: would using a GE on Porcelain Tower increase the counter twice?

Can you explain why it's better to choose something useless than increase the counter, with a specific example?

You can't choose the same GP twice and GS was chosen as first GP.

Just read my recap on this game and really want to try it again; hopefully I'm a stronger player now, though I don't bother keeping detailed notes any more. I vaguely remember the map and currently think using GE to get Petra was worthwhile.

Do faith-produced Great Prophets increase GS/GE/GM counter?

Top Bottom