1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Despot Thread - The Era of Conquest

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game III: RPG' started by GenMarshall, Jun 2, 2003.

1. Civanator

Civanator Deity

A messenger from Antonio bursts in the door

Messenger(talking about El-Armana and Antonio's attack): NIKE!

The messenger faints and dies.

2. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    Mara Jade and Agustius Jade Veern looks at the messanger

Augustius: I guess they dont make umm... ermm.. Wispers to Mara What should we call them?

Mara Jade: Umm, Marithon runner perhaps

Augustius: Good Idea :D.

3. Civanator

Civanator Deity

OOC: I took that from Greek history, the Runner who had only 1 breath and said Nike! Then he died of exhaustion. ;)

4. Sir John

Sir John The evil one...

Never mind... Weird time warp thingy going on here...

5. Sir John

Sir John The evil one...

OOC: when will u answer my request for land cg? We had a deal and I count on youm to hold that deal. I need a confirmation so that I can raise troops...

6. Sir John

Sir John The evil one...

Something is very wrong here!!!

I can do a time warp!! This post wil come in the future:

OOC: I took that from Greek history, the Runner who had only 1 breath and said Nike! Then he died of exhaustion.

7. Sir John

Sir John The evil one...

Seroislu what is this weird time travveling that is going on here. I have read the 4 next posts when posting this....

8. GenMarshall

The lands that Sr John requested is approved

9. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Deity

A 19-year-old man enters the palace. He wears baggy black trousers and a tight black shirt, over which are a black cape and hood. At his hip dangles a leather scabbard, inside which is his only posession: a plain steel sword, razon sharp, with its blued steel tinged red with the blood of his enemies. He is young, but has a look in his eyes that speek of pain and suffering. In those same eyes also reside the harsh stare of extreme motivation and the icy gaze of a youngster who has killed more than his share of his fellow man.

As he enters, the royal guards attempt to stop him.

Guard: An' who er you then?

GM: That is of no consequence. I am here to see your master. You will take me to him.

Guard: Well yer awful full of yerself, aren't ye? You'd best be goin' home son, the Good King disn't see the likes of you without an appointment,.

GM: Perhaps you misunderstood me. You will take me to him.

The look in the youth's cold, blue eyes could have stopped an axeblow. The guards are visibly shaken by his resolve.

Guard: Right then, if you'll please come with me, sir.... Now, if you'll kindly remove any weapons you may be carryin'...

With one fluid motion the newcomer draws his sword and places it against the guard's throat. The sing of the blade throw the air can be heard from the next room.

GM: Is that what you had in mind?

Guard: Erm... quite. You can put that away. Come along now.

The two guards and the young man enter the throne room of Despot Augustus Jade.

GM: Hello, m'lord. I hope this is not a bad time. I have come to speak with you about important land matters. Do you mind if I sit down? Thank you. Sire, I am here today to ask you for a grant of land. As you well know, we have been fighting a war against the Egyptians mongrels for quite some time now. Now, having a centralized army is all well and fine, but sometimes local defense calls for a local military. My liege, I ask of you a small parcel of land with which I may raise an army to serve you. It need not be anything great, just a few tiles which can feed and arm a small militia that will fight for you. I am no noble, nor am I a great general like your forebears were, but I have done my share of fighting on the borderlands against Egyptians, Barbarians, and Fanaticans alike. I can lead an army in your service as well as any man in this kingdom. Sire, I beg you to grant me this land, that I may forever serve the Crown of Fanatica.

CG: Tell me, lad, what is your name?

GM: I was born Julius Vesuvius, m'lord. But some call me Grandmaster.

10. GenMarshall

Augustius Veern Jade walks to Grandmaster. Soon the Prince of the Jade Provance, Noval "CivGeneral" Gontsky reconised a familiar face

CivGeneral: Is that you Grandmaster

CivGeneral walks to Grandmaster, Mara Jade looks at Grandmaster.

CivGeneral: I cant beleve it, after all this time

CivGeneral sheads a tear and hugs Grandmaster. Mara Jade looks at the two

Mara Jade: Ahem, are you forgiting someone?

CivGeneral: Oh, my apologies. This is Mara Jade. Commander of the Jade Commandos and...

Augustius stands up raising a glass

Augustius: ...and the wife to CivGeneral.

Grandmaster looks at Augustius with a puzzled look

Augustius: Any freind of CivGeneral is a Freind to me. Allas I am growing old, Mara Jade is the closest heir I have. Luckly there is a small proviance in the Jade Provance that has a Prince.

Grandmaster: Well, CG, I must congradulate you on the marrage.

Augustius: Yes, CivGeneral will be the new Despot. Now lets get back to the present. Umm, one moment. ROYAL LAND MANAGER!!!

The Royal Land manager rushes into the throne room

TRLM: Yes Sir?

Augustius: Please check for any Records of anyone claiming land under the name "Julius Vesuvius"

TRLM: Yes Sir, Right away.

Augustius: Grandmaster, would you like to join CivGeneral, Mara, and Me to Lunch to discuss your proposal.

11. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Deity

GM: Indeed I would, sire. I had to travel many a day to get here, and I fear I have not eaten much more than jounreycakes for the last 3 weeks, and little better than black bread for the last few years before that. But those circumstances do not make for good lunch conversation. Let us talk of less.... dark..... things while we eat. About my proposal. I am sure you have noticed the infighting that has been going on of late amongst the various houses of this Nation. I too saw it. That infighting is exactly what I've spent the last few years of my life battling. It is threatening to tear us apart, sire, and with the war in Egypt, we cannot afford that. I feel that with a small land grant with which to raise an army, I could both serve you against Egypt and help to stabilize the internal house politics. In my travels I happened a queer book, a manuscript in a strange, harsh-looking tongue... much like that of the Gothic barbarians, in fact. I had one try to translate it, and indeed the language was close. It told a tale of an ancient land, long ago before the founding of Noshuret, in which a mighty Prince ruled a fiefdom in service to his Lord. He grew that fiefdom into a superpower rivaled only by the mother country, and in becoming so powerful made internal power plays and civil wars impossible, because nobody could stand against his might. I think that creating a land like that, of course in the hands of a man 100% loyal to you, sir, could end all this petty squabbling which is troubling us. That is why I have asked you for this land.

Augustus: Interesting, young warrior. I will consider your proposal. I will now retire to my chambers for a while. It would seem you and CivGeneral here have some catching up to do, though I know not how you could possibly be acquainted. Dine well, young ones.

GM: And you, sire.

And so the conversation slips to more recreational talk, CivGeneral and Grandmaster telling the tales of their pasts, catching up on old times.

12. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Stuck_as_a_Mac Aptenodytes forsteri

@CG- Royal Land Manager is Civanator. I am the Grand High Beaurocrat.
    SaaM: Now, Despot CivGeneral, our landclaims are still safe, correct? We still control our area of Penguinadua? We agree with the Grandmasters idea of a unified land, but we just wish to make sure that our land is safe.
    Liza: Yes. Also, we just need to ask. Dose anyone else feel they could now live forever under a series of odd reincarnations?

13. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Deity

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Also, since you're the Powers that Be, is it alright for me to have made that mention of a manuscript detailing DG2 Vanir? It could be taken in the context of Romans discovering the ancient epics of the Sumers or somebody who came before and then disappeared. Its alright I'm assuming?

14. GenMarshall

The Despot Augustius Jade walks through the palace coridors. He looks out the window. The Despot soon rubs his Grey hair

Augustius: The People are yearning for a new Leader, they want a new King.

Sir Maxwell: I know, but Prince CivGeneral is a good canidate for King. Why, have you seeh how much he has improved the Jade Provance

Augustius: I know, I made him Govenor of that Provance. Apperently he has proven himself King

Sir Maxwell: And what about Mara Jade?

Augustius: She is my closest living realitive, and elegable for Queenship.

Sir Maxwell: Ill get the Wedding cerimony ready, with a new septar and 2 golden crowns.

15. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Sorry Im late for responding to GMs request:
    GM- Look at everything the Sumerians wrote. They'er gone, but we still (are forced) to read The Epic of Gilgamesh. Just make the panzers "Magical Rolling War Machines", the Infantry "Men With Sticks of Deadly Fire", the artiliry "Spirits of Boom" (or something..) and if you mention any names, make them "Old King".

16. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Deity

Thanks, thats what I figured SaaM. :)

17. Civanator

Civanator Deity

Dear Despot, I would like to claim these lands for DePaolo:

The blue is already granted land. The red includes sea tiles, and the yellow is without sea tiles.

18. GenMarshall

@Mara Jade (and the Jade Province), I aprove of the Land clames.

@Civanator I aprove of your land clames.

19. Sir John

Sir John The evil one...

@Civ: Lucky you.. Got a lot of land... :)

@CG: I would like to officialy claim the lands that are south of the zarahemla province. (the lands that goes towards the aztecs). As Im haveing problems with my pc I cant put up a map but U get the point of wich tiles im talking about :)

20. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Sir John, I just wish to remind you that while you do own the horses, as per the agreement, I am granted use of them.