The Boeing Thread

Boeing hit with whistleblower allegations, adding to safety concerns​

The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is investigating a Boeing whistleblower's claims that the company dismissed safety and quality concerns in the production of the planemaker's 787 and 777 jets, an agency spokesperson said on Tuesday.

The planemaker has been grappling with a full-blown safety crisis that has undermined its reputation following a Jan. 5 mid-air panel blowout on a 737 MAX plane. It has undergone a management shakeup, U.S. regulators have put curbs on its production, and deliveries fell by half in March.

Boeing engineer Sam Salehpour's allegations stem from work on the company's widebody 787 and 777 jets. He said he faced retaliation, such as threats and exclusion from meetings, after he identified engineering problems that affected the structural integrity of the jets, and claimed Boeing employed shortcuts to reduce bottlenecks during 787 assembly, his attorneys said.
Boeing halted deliveries of the 787 widebody jet for more than a year until August 2022 as the FAA investigated quality problems and manufacturing flaws.

https://www.reuters.com/business/ae...owers-quality-claims-787-777-jets-2024-04-09/

Honestly seeing a small company like oceangate blast by it’s whistleblowers taking its ceo straight to a watery grave, you have to imagine the potential of a huge institution like boeing to guard that stock price is world-ending - or at least biggest exporter ending.

according to other places on the web , usaf STILL insists on awarding the NGAD contract to Boeing . USAF written small the first time , so that you could notice the word still ... after all those stuff that happens to airliners , them attempting dissambly on their own . Like by September or so .

Lockheed Martin won't like that! I think there's about to be another suicide on the way back from Taco Bell! :scared:

to the attention of the management of the factory in Ankara . Have noticed a troll of yours has been starting stuff somewhere on the web , basically after notice of Boeing still in the run , as if as a Lockmart troll , so that naive Americans would see some security risk vis-a-vis China . Nothing about me , and no , contrary to what you would gleefully think , Americans really are NOT telling you all the things they have accused the old gang of .

now "Ben Cumhuriyet Halk Partisinin fiili başkanı falan değilim" meaning ı do not secretly run the Main Opposition . And this comes in a plane company thread because the second-son-in-law of the PM seems the best bet for a dynasty like process and my insistence about stuff that does not fit with the general narrative and some previous glorious episode when some brilliant Lockmart troll defined me as a Boeing bot (working for the subpar Hornet no less!) in his place and so on , creates the political friction of stuff . Am not surprised at the second-son-in-law belittling the Republic of 1923 but ı will not provide "the justification he seeks" to do it . By like bringing in a 6th generation fighter jet programme to this country when the second-son-in-law of the PM's attempt (to have a 5th generation jet programme based on his jet drone) was countered by (an accelerated schedule for) the F-24G (which is currently a 4,5 or 4,75th generation jet but it had a maiden flight just) before the local elections .

and this BS arises from the thing that the very brilliantly smart US Defence Industry has found itself locked to a war with China in the 2027-30 period . The even smarter solution to this seems set to badly flounder . As such , like ı am supposed to provide a solution and for that read Lord Vader's uber famous tour of the Soviet Union to buy fighters for a NATO country at the height of Cold War or something . Supposedly a levy of under utilised Russian mind power will be leased and the thorny issues of the NGAD will be solved fast enough for massive deployment before 2030 and so on . Like anyone remembers my wows that ı will not sell to US since the Trump Administration's Bill Roper ? That's why they are "offering" to create a sub-division to be called Republic . A famous company with its storied successes coming under the tutelage of Alexander Kartveli , a Georgian immigrant to the US . To run this with some stuff to be built in Ankara . Don't know why ı should interfere with F-24G . And actually they are not offering anything at all , because they would have offered the Grumman name instead . Which would indeed throw Northrop Grumman into a fit , considering it absorbed Grumman which had absorbed Fairchild which had absorbed Republic in 1969 or whatever ...

dear local people . Remember your latest joy ? That you don't remember it today ? That now ı am a political enemy that allies with seperatists on the days the seperatists are not the allies of A-K-P ? Do not bother with me at all , it doesn't concern you at all .

Boeing hit with whistleblower allegations, adding to safety concerns​

The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is investigating a Boeing whistleblower's claims that the company dismissed safety and quality concerns in the production of the planemaker's 787 and 777 jets, an agency spokesperson said on Tuesday.

The planemaker has been grappling with a full-blown safety crisis that has undermined its reputation following a Jan. 5 mid-air panel blowout on a 737 MAX plane. It has undergone a management shakeup, U.S. regulators have put curbs on its production, and deliveries fell by half in March.

Boeing engineer Sam Salehpour's allegations stem from work on the company's widebody 787 and 777 jets. He said he faced retaliation, such as threats and exclusion from meetings, after he identified engineering problems that affected the structural integrity of the jets, and claimed Boeing employed shortcuts to reduce bottlenecks during 787 assembly, his attorneys said.
Boeing halted deliveries of the 787 widebody jet for more than a year until August 2022 as the FAA investigated quality problems and manufacturing flaws.

https://www.reuters.com/business/ae...owers-quality-claims-787-777-jets-2024-04-09/
This doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, the 787 has been flying en masse for 11 years now without any serious incidents other than their early teething problems with lithium batteries. That would seem to prove that the design is sufficient to meet current safety standards in general.

How long until someone can build a Boeing from the loose pieces they are dropping around the world?
New lyrics set to the tune of Johnny Cash's "One Piece at a Time"

Now that'd be a sight for sore eyes. :lmao:

This doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, the 787 has been flying en masse for 11 years now without any serious incidents other than their early teething problems with lithium batteries. That would seem to prove that the design is sufficient to meet current safety standards in general.
That’s not how aviation safety actually works though. You have to prove a design has no known flaws or that flaws won’t develop or that those flaws can all be compensated by regular maintenance action or pilot awareness. Flying it “okay” without “serious incidents” (wrong of you by the way) for any period of time is not actually proof of that. At any moment the ocean could scrunch your flawless carbon fiber hull into a pulpy mess of blood, teeth, and hair. Why did that happen when the design worked so well for X cycles? Faulty. Design.

I took the job in '96:
Confirm that when the welders fix
This part to that, the weld would surely last.
A tedious job; when people'd scoff
I'd say you don't want the wings to fall off
And that shut people up, well, pretty fast.

When Boeing bought McDonnell D
They changed our whole philosophy:
The shareholders must make a load of cash.
We tried to warn: each corner cut,
Each shoddy bolt or mis-sized nut
Increased the chance a plane was gonna crash.

We screamed about it day on day
But nothing we could do or say
Convinced the upper-ups about the threat.
And then I knew what I could do
It hit me like a bolt from the blue
A plan whereby I'd get myself a jet

I'd build it one piece at a time and it wouldn't cost me a dime;
I'll own myself a '37 MAX.
And for my parts supply, I'd just look into the sky.
Debris is fast amassed beneath its tracks.

The scheme I hatched was pure perfection:
Flight plan crossed with failed inspection:
Simply put oneself into the path.
You build your plane with junk and crap, 'n
Fissures are assured to happen.
All one's gotta do is do the math.

At first I got a cabin door,
And then a wheel and then one more.
It isn't, let me tell you, all that hard.
What doesn't land right at my feet,
I pick up at the swapper's meet,
Just got one engine (only slightly charred).

These planes before their making's done
Need half a million parts, each one.
That's half a million pieces that I seek.
Let no one, though, lament my state.
I think that at the present rate,
I'll only really need another week.

I'll build it one piece at a time and it won't cost me a dime;
I'll own myself a '37 MAX.
And for my parts supply, I'll just look into the sky.
Debris is fast amassed beneath its tracks.

Last edited:
That’s not how aviation safety actually works though. You have to prove a design has no known flaws or that flaws won’t develop or that those flaws can all be compensated by regular maintenance action or pilot awareness. Flying it “okay” without “serious incidents” (wrong of you by the way) for any period of time is not actually proof of that. At any moment the ocean could scrunch your flawless carbon fiber hull into a pulpy mess of blood, teeth, and hair. Why did that happen when the design worked so well for X cycles? Faulty. Design.
Its more like you have to prove it has no known limitations that would violate an FAR regulation about certification. And even then you can have some things compromise in one area if you beef up another area to compensate. For instance the plane can fly with certain equipment known to be not working if special procedures are followed by the pilots. I think the FAA itself says the target for safety is that there should be fewer than one fatal crash per 100 million flight hours which is a recognition that perfect safety is impossible. There is also a higher standard for changing a certified design than for certifying a new design, which is a recognition that sometimes tried and tested has value of its own.

Its more like you have to prove it has no known limitations that would violate an FAR regulation about certification. And even then you can have some things compromise in one area if you beef up another area to compensate. For instance the plane can fly with certain equipment known to be not working if special procedures are followed by the pilots. I think the FAA itself says the target for safety is that there should be fewer than one fatal crash per 100 million flight hours which is a recognition that perfect safety is impossible. There is also a higher standard for changing a certified design than for certifying a new design, which is a recognition that sometimes tried and tested has value of its own.
In any case not whatever you were talking about before, eh? And indeed in this case the problem is that boeing was actually lying about following the manufacturing processes they themselves stipulated as safe and correct. So there’s really even less leeway.

the blog that dispenses Pentagon's lies now promises they will not shoot down people returning from space . In a report that investigates some UFO event in the US . Which turns out to be some balloon some restaurant uses as a classy overhead lamp . Not that there are people who return from space in formation in 1960s Apollo stuff , but , hey , it is a Pentagon lie , right ?

in the comments of that particular topic we learn Boeing Military passed a profit in the first Quarter . So would Boeing Civilian but for the stuff in this thread . Very few people (over the 8 billions of the global population) follow r16 ; making it a random observation elsewhere on the web that F-24G seems large enough to carry ballistic missiles which is set to become the next fad and being a newer conception might have outperformed the F-15EX . Which was not liked by the British . They want to sell New Turkey theirs , always interfered with it , originally to be the second in a combination with the F-35 . This is called a Hi-Lo mix , originating with F-15 as the High and the F-16 the low . USAF would have liked to buy only F-15s but it was far too expensive , while F-16 turned out to be a "staggeringly fine" aircraft that would still win competitions on merit 50 years on . When New Turkey couldn't have the F-35 and the British couldn't delay it long enough F-24G had to happen as an election campaign thing . New Turkey would hate it very much if it was to become the Lo (but not J-Lo and no , ı didn't have an affair with her) . Even when one the F-40s was to come to Ankara in a co-production deal . (Like America needs a billion NGADs yesterday ...) Accordingly the company troll insists F-24G is the Hi with everything but the kitchen sink , too expensive at 100 million dollars a copy according to the latest projections and so on .

like there is even more . This NGAD was to be a joint Air Force/Navy thing . Maximum commonality that could be achieved and stuff . Because the related engine programme was definitely not won by Pratt Whitney , now there will be two distinctly different planes . Navy one limited to "F-14 size and weight" and the Air Force plane truly becoming "bomber size" . That calls for larger engines than the one that should now conceivably power the Navy thing . In the name of protecting the industrial base of United States , the USAF contract will go to some aircraft company which might be Boeing or Lockmart and the engines will be PW . Meaning the Navy programme to be delayed and later cancelled . Navy submarines are very expensive , you know . Meaning it will be improved PW engines for the later batches of F-35C that will remain the economy option that alone can be afforded .

at the same time it turns out my secret running of CHP coincided with the day the leader of the Main Opposition talks with the PM . With PM having 10 or 30 of his advisors so that the two wouldn't appear as equals in the media photo . The meeting only happened because the German Präsident visiting this country . Where he would have met the Main Opposition over any objections of the PM because London demands Imamoğlu and New Turkey obliges and Germany sets stakes about its future claims from the loot . The leader of the Main Opposition (according to the claims had botox injections and a quick sun tan to make him) looking like crispily fried or something ... That's probably colour print issues in the single photograph ı saw .

but admit it . That's not what you people of CFC want to hear . The city had a day of fresh happiness , pendulum swings and thinks ı have had affairs with 30 women , double from the previous 15 . Despite some European polling agency having discovered each and every person here has had 13 to 17 lovers . Wows of vengeance . Pendulum swings the very next day and the city now thinks ı didn't . Only one and apparently she is very beautiful and ı wouldn't . With it clearly heard that some random guy who didn't yet have his 13 to 17 lovers should not do something to me . With apparent investigations underway about the day of joy . Which could imply that it is a threat with deep fake , instead of proof that it happened . Dear people of the city , watching too much "Ottoman TV series" rots the brain as much as watching Kurtlar Vadisi . Do not follow me , when they have nothing else to do , those Westerners are playing with you for fun .

which also indicates the global arms industry is full of 'ing idiots . Which part of "ı will not sell to the US" you do not understand ? If Lord Vader has chosen the combination of Lockmart/PW , who am ı to disagree ? Like ı got deleted in so many places talking about some Tactical Aviation traincrash to take place somewhere sometime , but like isn't it 1000 Western Aircraft less under such glorious Lockmart glory ? One can argue that efficiencies have increased many times but it is not the same percentage when some Fleet Standart 71 Phantom puts a Sidewinder in an USAF F-4E in 1978 and when the same Phantom puts a Sidewinder in an USAF F-15E today , is it ?

Truly, r16 is the best of us.

Top Bottom