The end game and unit movement

rantzzz

Chieftain
So I've gotten the battle suits thru slingshot and I've pretty much rolled over 3 AI, the problem is with that many units, moving each one is a chore. There's no good way to locate all my units, and also there's this problem of fortify until heal.

If the unit is in this fortify until heal mode AND on a miasma tile, it gets stuck in an endless loop, cycling thru units won't show that particular unit and it gets forgotten until I go and see the military summary (which by the way is annoyingly hard to get to)

Also unit movement is painfully slow on a standard size map

I might consider playing small maps from now on

And apparently CivBE does not reward rapid take over of AI cities. The unhealth gained when annexing cities is a lot

So I've gotten the battle suits thru slingshot and I've pretty much rolled over 3 AI, the problem is with that many units, moving each one is a chore. There's no good way to locate all my units, and also there's this problem of fortify until heal.

If the unit is in this fortify until heal mode AND on a miasma tile, it gets stuck in an endless loop, cycling thru units won't show that particular unit and it gets forgotten until I go and see the military summary (which by the way is annoyingly hard to get to)

Also unit movement is painfully slow on a standard size map

I might consider playing small maps from now on

And apparently CivBE does not reward rapid take over of AI cities. The unhealth gained when annexing cities is a lot

Helpful suggestions -
1. F3 button - instant view / close military summary screen

2. You can take over a ton of AI cities as puppets with a select few you annex if you have the right virtues and don't take empty shell cities (which should be razed anyways)

-industry tree has towards bottom a really helpful conquest virtue. Forgot name but it gives X health per building in city. I thin it's something like 5 buildings equal 1 health, 0.25 health per building.

Between biowells and this virtue, I can take a lot of big AI cities as puppets long as it was reasonably built up city

I see, but anyway to speed up unit movement (tech, quest, ROADS?)

I conquered the western portion of the map and moving my units to the east portion takes a LONG time :crazyeye:

Roads and mag rails will greatly increase the movement of units between your cities. You can also use it them to hook up your lands with your soon to be neighbor lands if you build enough workers.

Build roads and magrails to speed up your units, energy should not be a problem.
The teleport satellite will help to in getting your units in place.
If you wan't faster embarked units you can download the faster embarked units mod.
You can download the speed mod if you wan't all units to move faster.

I see, but anyway to speed up unit movement (tech, quest, ROADS?)

I conquered the western portion of the map and moving my units to the east portion takes a LONG time :crazyeye:

Delete your army and build a new one closer to the whoever you want to kill next.

Or, on the bottom left of the tech tree theres a branch called astro something that allows you to build phasal teleporters.

Also, Purity's two LEV units can cross any terrain but mountains (canyons, can go over water without embarking). Can help with both clog and speed.

Top Bottom