The Enlightenment Era

@Pouakai: Hm. Okay. I'm going to do that right after I'll eat breakfast, go to school, go to sleep 750+ times, serve in the army, study in the Uni, get a job...

Damn, that made me feel OLD! I'm in my late 20s and I'm not sure if I have been to school 750 times in total :dunno:

Anyway the Piracy "tech" sounded kinda weird, at least as an enlightenment technology.. I don't think pirates we're researching a lot before going after a bounty.. Also technically The Vandals had "discovered" it about a 1000 years or so ago, but hey something involving Napster and Kazaa in the information era perhaps? :)

Pouakai actually has to do all these things too (especially serve in the army - conscription in New Zealand is merciless). But if you respond to something as snarky as you did, you're going to get a snarky comment back.

Some people like that beelining has been scaled back with mods. I know I do! And what's wrong with the name?

Me thinks you're getting a bit too big for your boots lately, Natan :p

As for the warmonger penalty, it might be worth hitting up a disciple of the DLL, or even the Godhead himself!

1 oops. I guess that would be the time to say I'm sorry for being rude(I can't help myself).
2. I'm not a fan of belining either, but... The upper tech tree looked ridiculous last time I saw it: armour plating on one end, metallurgy in the other. The fun part is that I think that you can get to armour plating without discovering iron. I don't care about the actual effects, but these names...
3. I literally got new boots two weeks ago... But you're probably right.

Also New Zealand has conscription?
(What did I expect from a British colony...)

Think I found a bug. I completed Versailles on the same turn several cities started a We Love the King Day. The duration is still 20 turns.

Playing Standard game pace.

Think I found a bug. I completed Versailles on the same turn several cities started a We Love the King Day. The duration is still 20 turns.

I might be totally wrong here, but I remember awhile ago I completed Chichen Itza in one of my games(without the EE mod) and also entered a Golden Age at the same turn, and it didn't last 50% longer either.. so I think these kind of wonders need to be completed BEFORE you enter WltKd or GA, not on the same turn.. Again I could easily not remember it correctly!

I might be totally wrong here, but I remember awhile ago I completed Chichen Itza in one of my games(without the EE mod) and also entered a Golden Age at the same turn, and it didn't last 50% longer either.. so I think these kind of wonders need to be completed BEFORE you enter WltKd or GA, not on the same turn.. Again I could easily not remember it correctly!

There doesn't appear to be any implementation anywhere for this:
Extends the length of We Love The King Day by 50% empire-wide
All you appear to get is the +5 :c5culture: perturn

Also, Fasil Ghebbi doesn't seem to have anything to implement this
Friendly units within two tiles of this city have +33% combat strength

The only thing currently within file Wonders.lua is for the Crystal Palace.

Not a bug as such, but this message
Code:
[60665.468] JFD_FirstRate_Functions: PlotAreaSweepIterator((139, 47), r=1, s=1, d=fwd, w=out, c=no)
is being reported into my lua log even though
  • Lizzy isn't in the game
  • No civilization has reached the enlightenment era
It would appear the code never actually makes use of function "EE_IsCivilisationActive" so never disables itself when Liz isn't in the game. It would also appear to have no other limitations to keep it from running when not needed, such as Tech Warships has not even been discovered, and that Liz has any units of class UNITCLASS_EE_SHIP_OF_THE_LINE.

If you want, while I am testing for interactive problems between EE and Era Buildings, I could add and double-check that the "Lizzy is not in-game" exclusion is applied to the code in JFD_FirstRate_Functions.lua file and post it to you via PM when tested. I could also add a limiter to not run the code if there are no First Rates extant in the game, if you'd also like, and JFD is not offended by the offer to alter his original code.

It's like that so that players other than Elizabeth can make use of the First Rate's unique effects, in case they acquired it (for instance, via Mercenary Contract). It doesn't check for the First Rate specifically so that the effect can carry on through upgrades. The message is an annoyance, and I like to disable it when I include it in my mods. You could alter it to check that the EE has been reached first, however.

It's like that so that players other than Elizabeth can make use of the First Rate's unique effects, in case they acquired it (for instance, via Mercenary Contract). It doesn't check for the First Rate specifically so that the effect can carry on through upgrades. The message is an annoyance, and I like to disable it when I include it in my mods. You could alter it to check that the EE has been reached first, however.
mmmm....OK.

In that case you can't reliably employ any exclusion-method because Suleiman and his Prize Ships promotions. His UA may be called "Converts Sea Barbarians" but <CaptureDefeatedEnemy> in Promotion Prize Ships has always worked for units belonging to anyone. Carried over to possible modded civs and what they may introduce into the game it's impossible to make predictive assumptions about when you can safely exclude the code from running.

I have some problems with the mod, the "Unable to load texture" box pops up all the time during gameplay. Any fix?

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

I have some problems with the mod, the "Unable to load texture" box pops up all the time during gameplay. Any fix?

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

You would appear to not have DLC#7, which is I think the one with the 'New World Delux Scenario' if I'm not mistaken. http://civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Conquest_of_the_New_World but man that website is just a mess. I can't give you the direct steam store link apparently because I already have that DLC and Steam appears set-up to not give search results for stuff a member already has.

Really love this mod. I offer to help with translation to Italian if someone is interested and can help.

Not sure if this is intentional, but the mod appears to be missing an entry in the <Belief_EraFaithUnitPurchase> table, either for "Holy Warriors" or "Religious Fervor"

Spoiler :

Code:
	<Belief_EraFaithUnitPurchase>
		<Row>
			<BeliefType>BELIEF_HOLY_WARRIORS</BeliefType>
			<EraType>ERA_RENAISSANCE</EraType>
		</Row>

<!-- Anything to bridge the gap??? -->

<Row>
			<BeliefType>BELIEF_RELIGIOUS_FERVOR</BeliefType>
			<EraType>ERA_INDUSTRIAL</EraType>
		</Row>
	</Belief_EraFaithUnitPurchase>

Hello, Pouakai.
BlouBlou has made a series of 'Era' mods which make the techtree stop at certain era.
Could you please also make a little mod to stop the techtree at Enlightenment Era?

Released a quick update to fix the warmonger penalty and the Faith purchasing bugs pointed out by Whoward. Working effects for the wonders will come hopefully as soon as I can get Lua for them, and we've got plans to add a bit more content in the naval lines which will be dependent on Jan being interested in civ enough to cover the art.

As far as the era end mod thing goes, I'd need to take a look to see how he actually does it. I probably don't have time myself, but I'd be more than happy for someone else to cover it.

Yes! thanks so much. Now I can enjoy the mod to 100% Thanks for all the hard work and forgive me if I was nagging before

As far as the era end mod thing goes, I'd need to take a look to see how he actually does it. I probably don't have time myself, but I'd be more than happy for someone else to cover it.

here I take Era - Renaissance, as an example:
Only one file the mod, it is an XML
Spoiler :

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!-- Created by ModBuddy on 7/29/2012 8:28:59 AM -->
<GameData>

<Civilizations>

<Update>
			<Set AIPlayable="false"/>
		</Update>
		<Update>
			<Where Type="CIVILIZATION_AMERICA"/>
			<Set AIPlayable="true"/>
		</Update>
		<Update>
			<Where Type="CIVILIZATION_ETHIOPIA"/>
			<Set AIPlayable="true"/>
		</Update>
		<Update>
			<Where Type="CIVILIZATION_KOREA"/>
			<Set AIPlayable="true"/>
		</Update>
		<Update>
			<Where Type="CIVILIZATION_OTTOMAN"/>
			<Set AIPlayable="true"/>
		</Update>
		<Update>
			<Where Type="CIVILIZATION_ENGLAND"/>
			<Set AIPlayable="true"/>
		</Update>
		<Update>
			<Where Type="CIVILIZATION_FRANCE"/>
			<Set AIPlayable="true"/>
		</Update>
		<Update>
			<Where Type="CIVILIZATION_NETHERLANDS"/>
			<Set AIPlayable="true"/>
		</Update>
		<Update>
			<Where Type="CIVILIZATION_AUSTRIA"/>
			<Set AIPlayable="true"/>
		</Update>
		<Update>
			<Where Type="CIVILIZATION_SPAIN"/>
			<Set AIPlayable="true"/>
		</Update>
		<Update>
			<Where Type="CIVILIZATION_RUSSIA"/>
			<Set AIPlayable="true"/>
		</Update>
		<Update>
			<Where Type="CIVILIZATION_SWEDEN"/>
			<Set AIPlayable="true"/>
		</Update>
		<Update>
			<Where Type="CIVILIZATION_JAPAN"/>
			<Set AIPlayable="true"/>
		</Update>
		<Update>
			<Where Type="CIVILIZATION_CHINA"/>
			<Set AIPlayable="true"/>
		</Update>
		<Update>
			<Where Type="CIVILIZATION_GERMANY"/>
			<Set AIPlayable="true"/>
		</Update>
		<Update>
			<Where Type="CIVILIZATION_ARABIA"/>
			<Set AIPlayable="true"/>
		</Update>
		<Update>
			<Where Type="CIVILIZATION_INDIA"/>
			<Set AIPlayable="true"/>
		</Update>
		<Update>
			<Where Type="CIVILIZATION_DENMARK"/>
			<Set AIPlayable="true"/>
		</Update>
		<Update>
			<Where Type="CIVILIZATION_VENICE"/>
			<Set AIPlayable="true"/>
		</Update>
		<Update>
			<Where Type="CIVILIZATION_POLAND"/>
			<Set AIPlayable="true"/>
		</Update>
		<Update>
			<Where Type="CIVILIZATION_PORTUGAL"/>
			<Set AIPlayable="true"/>
		</Update>

</Civilizations>

<Technologies>
		<Update>
			<Set Disable="1" />
			<Where Era="ERA_INDUSTRIAL" />
		</Update>
		<Update>
			<Set Disable="1" />
			<Where Era="ERA_MODERN" />
		</Update>
		<Update>
			<Set Disable="1" />
			<Where Era="ERA_POSTMODERN" />
		</Update>
		<Update>
			<Set Disable="1" />
			<Where Era="ERA_FUTURE" />
		</Update>
		<Update>
			<Set Disable="0" />
			<Where Type="TECH_FUTURE_TECH" />
		</Update>

<Update>
			<Where Type="TECH_FUTURE_TECH"/>
			<Set PortraitIndex="34" IconAtlas="TECH_ATLAS_1" GridX="8" GridY="6" Cost="2000" Era="ERA_RENAISSANCE"/>
		</Update>

</Technologies>

<Technology_PrereqTechs>
		<Delete TechType="TECH_FUTURE_TECH" />

<Row>
			<TechType>TECH_FUTURE_TECH</TechType>
			<PrereqTech>TECH_NAVIGATION</PrereqTech>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<PrereqTech>TECH_ARCHITECTURE</PrereqTech>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<PrereqTech>TECH_ECONOMICS</PrereqTech>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<PrereqTech>TECH_METALLURGY</PrereqTech>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<PrereqTech>TECH_CHEMISTRY</PrereqTech>
		</Row>

</Technology_PrereqTechs>

<GameSpeed_Turns>
		<Delete GameSpeedType="GAMESPEED_QUICK" />
		<Delete GameSpeedType="GAMESPEED_EPIC" />
		<Delete GameSpeedType="GAMESPEED_STANDARD" />
		<Delete GameSpeedType="GAMESPEED_MARATHON" />
		<Row>
			<GameSpeedType>GAMESPEED_QUICK</GameSpeedType>
			<MonthIncrement>373</MonthIncrement>
			<TurnsPerIncrement>175</TurnsPerIncrement>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<GameSpeedType>GAMESPEED_QUICK</GameSpeedType>
			<MonthIncrement>2</MonthIncrement>
			<TurnsPerIncrement>1325</TurnsPerIncrement>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<GameSpeedType>GAMESPEED_EPIC</GameSpeedType>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<GameSpeedType>GAMESPEED_EPIC</GameSpeedType>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<GameSpeedType>GAMESPEED_STANDARD</GameSpeedType>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<GameSpeedType>GAMESPEED_STANDARD</GameSpeedType>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<GameSpeedType>GAMESPEED_MARATHON</GameSpeedType>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<GameSpeedType>GAMESPEED_MARATHON</GameSpeedType>
		</Row>
	</GameSpeed_Turns>

<Eras>
		<Update>
			<Set SpiesGrantedForEveryone="1" SpiesGrantedForPlayer="0" />
			<Where Type="ERA_CLASSICAL" />
		</Update>
		<Update>
			<Set SpiesGrantedForEveryone="0" SpiesGrantedForPlayer="1" />
			<Where Type="ERA_MEDIEVAL" />
		</Update>
		<Update>
			<Set SpiesGrantedForEveryone="0" SpiesGrantedForPlayer="1" />
			<Where TYPE="ERA_RENAISSANCE" />
		</Update>
	</Eras>

<Language_en_US>
		<Update>
			<Where Tag="TXT_KEY_TECH_FUTURE_TECH_TITLE"/>
			<Set Text="Discovery"/>
		</Update>
	</Language_en_US>

</GameData>

Hate to bring up this kind of question again but after watching Marbozirs Moors + EE playthrough, I'm wondering if it's too easy to get to Radio. Does anyone else feel that way? (Not a request for adjustment. I'm sure I can kind the right lines of code to change if need be :3 )

Couple of logic errors:
Galleas still obsoletes at Warships, even though the Frigate is now at Navigation (no real issue)
Galleon still obsoletes at Navigation, even though the SotL is now at Warships (much more of an issue. In fact, it may be fairer to not make the Galleon obsolete until Steam Power, in case the player has no iron).
Also, the Samurai still upgrades into Riflemen, even though they're two eras away :/. Intentional?

Top Bottom