The Game that REALLY Pissed you off!

axehaxe

Prince
What is the one game in your Civ III career that got you REALLY mad? What happened?

Examples:

Did the spearman take out 30 medieval infantry without losing a single hitpoint?

Did the AI capture the city with your 100 bombers in it?

Did your Theory of Evolution prebuild city flip to the AI 1 turn before you finish the wonder?

Did your trade route get cut off on the first turn of a 20 turn deal making you give all the AI free techs?

Did the AI get the Great Library 1 turn before you finished it?

Did India take you out after 5 turns into the game?

Did your computer glitch so that everytime you load the game, your system crashes?

Did the AI nuke your 20k city?

Did you lose a stack of 90 workers working a mountain tile?

Did the Runaway AI ROP rape you in Democracy?

Did that elite spearman not only kill 30 of your modern armors but also got 30 leaders out of it? (I'm totally not kidding about this one)

I lost the city with The Great Library on a cultural flip and I had built the city and The Great Library myself.

Did your computer glitch so that everytime you load the game, your system crashes?

Sort of. Windows computers sometimes add junk to files that cause Macs to be unable to save. I have twice lost a couple hours' work by not cleaning a corrupt file and only noticing when I tried to save eight or ten turns later.

And then there was playing 90% of a succession game in spanish.

Getting sandwiched between India and Greece in one of my first games, and being hit with an endless stream of war elephants and hoplites. I must have tried playing that game a dozen different ways, and it always resulted the being swamped. Totally turned me off to the standard game. I was playing the Vanilla version. One of the reasons that I mod the game. I just do not find the standard/epic game that enjoyable to play.

Did that elite spearman not only kill 30 of your modern armors but also got 30 leaders out of it? (I'm totally not kidding about this one)
:lol:at least this one is impossible

And then there was playing 90% of a succession game in spanish.

That was probably one of the strangest things I had ever seen. :eek: Great game and a great win though.:lol:

Having a solitary regular MI attacked repeatedly, promoted to elite*, then getting killed by the next attacker -- and losing my first MGI in the game as well.

Second place goes to forgetting to leave my stack of 8 artillery protected by a defensive unit and having them wiped out by a longbowman

Honorable mentions go to losing my first game on diplomatic despite having never declared a war and satisfying all trade demands made on me, and losing an aircraft carrier with some desperately needed stealth bombers on it, to an ironclad.

Losing my unprotected capital to a Warrior.

I just built it the Pyramids in it. :(

Watching the wonder cascade take every one of your almost completed wonders from under your nose.

Thats a "lets stare at the screen for 5 minutes in mute rage" moment.

Yeah, this might sound wacky but I've had wonders being built in a couple of my cities and I've moved workers around to shift shield production to get the wonders to be built in the exact same turn.

Often the AI will be building a wonder and if it gets built before they can finish it, they shift the production to another wonder - so if you want both wonders, you almost have to have the two completed in the same round.

Watching the wonder cascade take every one of your almost completed wonders from under your nose.

I am so with you on this one.

Watching all those hundreds of shields build you a modest little temple is just too much.

Losing world war 2 as the Germans.

Taking over my small island that was inhabited by 5 other civs, only to find the zulu did it to there island with 7-8 other civs on it.

Maybe not the game that pissed me off most of all games, because it was kind of funny and annoying at the same time: I got the message from my military advisor that my capitol was ransacked by some barbarian tribe, and we lost all work on the pyramids. :crazyeye: I was only two or three turns from completing them. :lol:

(Yes, I sometimes take risks when playing 20k culture games.)

You just capture a luscious enemy capital and your mace army is down to 3 hitpoints. You fortify it to heal and forget about it. 2 turns later, the city culture flips and you lose a precious army:mad:

Then when you stare at the city you were building the wonder in you realize if you had done some optimal resource planning shifting between food and Mines you could have completed the wonder a turn earlier.

Then when you stare at the city you were building the wonder in you realize if you had done some optimal resource planning shifting between food and Mines you could have completed the wonder a turn earlier.

That is just cruel.

Nobody likes a smartalec :lol::lol::lol:

Built an archer stack of about 15 to go out in search of Iron I needed before the middle ages, only to realize that there was actually Iron close by....right outside my ****ing boarder in YET TO BE CLAIMED TERRITORY!!!

It's weird that this one pissed me off. The Celts went on runaway mode, but I managed to avoid their wrath. When I rose to take them out with Cav and arty....they fell over. I was eventually taking 3 cities a turn, and got so disgusted I quit the game. Time to move to monarchy I guess.

Top Bottom