The Gang of Four - FRFR Redux

Sorry pple, Super Bowl Sunday!!!!

Preturn:
everything looks good.

1950:
exploration.

1910:
Iron source located. It's on an abandoned island south of our main continent. This should be a top priority, along with the horse.

Killed a barbarian war near our capital.

IBT:
Dutch are building the colossus.

1870:

1830:

1790:

1750:

1725:
We discovered the backwater indians, who do not even have mansonry.

1700:
Portugese has discovered HBR. not interested in trading.

1675:
Portugese are building the Colossus.

1650:
Trade Mystism for HBR with Persians.

1625:

Summary
(1) Uneventful. I apologise for not being involved earlier. Else, I would have argued against us making a wonder when we are still at 2 cities. we are way way behind on settling and I hope we can catch up soon. We are not pushing for cultural victory so I think the $$$ from more cities is definitely better than colossus. We have gone too far in our investment to scrape. My Bad.

The save

That puts it back to Gengis
Stapel on deck.

Stapel, I think Gengis is MIA, why don't you step up to the plate.

I'm very sorry for going MIA guy. My only grampa had a stroke and I rushed to Pennsylvania to be there while he was in the hospital. So I've had a very emotional & hectic week, needless to say he's doing better now & we finally guilt tripped him into quiting smoking cigars. So things are looking up, except for UNCW being kinda peeved at me right now.:lol:

Sorry again for the lack of support, but I'm back in full force.

Sorry to here about your grandfather. I knew something had to be going on. We'll slot you in after Stapel.

New Roster:

Stapel - Up
Gengis - On Deck
Bugs
Gorm

1625 BC All looks fine!

1600 BC; units on automove? :nono:
2. 1575 BC; :sleep:
3. 1550 BC; grnary built => settlers
4. 1525 BC; Our suicide curragh survives and discovers new land!
5. 1500 BC; :sleep:
6. 1475 BC;We meet the babylonians and sell alphabet for 60 gold.
7. 1450 BC; :sleep:
8. 1425 BC; :sleep:
9. 1400 BC; lux to 20%, mm Bergen.
10. 1375 BC; mm-ed Bergen again. Settler in 1 turn.

When Bergen builds the settler, I think we should set lux down, science down, and use a scientist in Trondheim. Colossus in 7.

1375BC

Stapel - Taking a break
Gengis - UP
Bugs - On Deck
Gorm - Warming up in the bullpen with Andy Pettite and Roger Clemons

Originally posted by Sir Bugsy
Gorm - Warming up in the bullpen with Andy Pettite and Roger Clemons

That's SO not funny!

Got it, but I'm up in 2 other SGs as well(i definatly deserve it:lol: ). I'm off work & done with classes for the day so hopefully I'll get to this one in a couple hours.

Considering I am in Houston, it is actually ironic that I don't enjoy the Andy+Roger joke either.

Red Sox All The Way!!!! :D

It was funny, but I don't need any more reminders that Koko, the signing chimp, can run a team better then Steinbrenner.

Will finish up tonight after I get back from doing girly stuff, thank GOD today only comes once a year!

Tell me about it.... I had to use up 1/2 my annual leave and a month's pay to put yesterday to rest.

Sorry guys, with all the catch up in schoolwork I've barely had time to eat. But without further adue....

Flight Check: MMing looks good. We’re Phil & MMing down on Xerxes, parity with Portugal, and everyone else is at least 2 techs behind us(most are 3). Xerxes will give us Ph for everything, and won’t deal for MM. With us, Dutch, & Port being the only seafairing Civs(I think), I don’t see Xerxes staying on top for very long.

We haven’t really planned future cities, so I’m gonna go with my judgment. While I’d love to rush down there & try to snag the horses from Mao, we’d never get there in time & that’s a whole lot of desert between us & that horse. I’m going with the furs, which once we get harbors will kick our lux back.

IT- Bergen: set>war

1- Raid a barb camp for 25g.

IT- Indians start the Oracle. Persians start Colossus.

2- MM Bergen to save a turn off the worker.

IT- Nothing

3- Nada

IT- Nathan

4- Bergen grows to 3, put cit to research work & bump back science to 0 for a turn.

IT- Bergen: war>set

5- Zip

IT- Build Colossus. Trondheim starts on set after MMing for more gold.
AI’s cascade to Pyramids & GLight. Bump lux back to 10%, for a grand total of……… 10gpt.

6- Portugal now has MMing. I buy it from Xerxes for 232g(I could have saved 5g had I bought it from Port, but I don’t want a lump sum of money in any Seafaring Civ’s coffers. Sell writing to Cleo for 75g(almost everyone else has it). Start on Math(couldn’t really decide, the only chances we have on a 50 turn gambit is for Lit & math, even those aren’t likely at all.) Since I’m banking on us not being able to successfully turn a 50 turn gambit, Lit will be worthless unless we think we have a shot at the GL, at least being partially done researching Math will get us a discount on it(it’s required, and we’ll need cats desperately in the upcoming war with Mao.)

IT- Barbs forted on our diamonds decide it’s too cold up in those mtns and head for Bergen.

7- Zero

IT- Babs start Pyramids.

8- Zilch

IT- :sleep:

9- Copenhagen founded as a fishing/trapping tundra village. Start on warrior.

IT- Trondheim grows to 7.

10- Nothing much. Up lux to 20% for 1 turn, and then MM Trondheim for max gpt.

**End o’ Turn Report**
*As for city layout, I’d pretty much go ICS without jutting into our capitols radius too much. The next 2 sets should go to(IMHO of course) the hill NW of wheat, and the forest between the 3 BGs(north of Bergen). Both cities will have nice growth & be fairly productive(at least as productive as we can get). Then we can fill in south to the desert.
*Trondheim: Will need to be MMed next turn, then I’d either go with another settler or drop a harbor in there. Most likely settler then harbor.
*Bergen: I’d defiantly produce about 2 galleys after the settler completes, then stick a warrior in each & send them in opposite directions for good hut farming.
*Copenhagen: I only started the warrior cause I want another defender in there with the camp to the west of it. It defiantly needs a harbor as soon as possible though.
*After we get our war/galleys going I wouldn’t produce another war, go with archers/spears. We need to make the most out of every unit/keep our unit cost down, and not to mention archers will eventually upgrade to Berserks.
*I see a small skirmish happening in the next 50 years or so between us & Mao for control of those horses & iron. We’ll need archers/spears & especially cats to counter his swords & horsemen.

All this is of course my opinion, use it or throw it out at will.

Good luck!
save

[edit]- We also need to debate whether we think it's possible to pull the GL. I think it's duable with a little luck & some shady trading, and would definatly be worth it if we pulled it off. If we're gonna go for it we'd have to start prebuilding very soon though.
Adv if pulled off: A ton of gold(well not really a ton:lol: )for a massive longbow to Serks upgrade.
Disadvantage: With the AI cascade, we'd still get a Wonder for sure, but it could end up as a pot luck wonder which sucks.

I got the game, although it may be tomorrow afternoon before I report.

I agree with both the city planning and building only archers.

While I'm sure we could get the Library, I don't think it is worth it. I think we could keep up with tech trading just fine. If we go for a wonder, I'd prefer Sun-Tzu's or the new Temple of Artemis. If we could find Ivory the Statue of Zeus would rock.

Have we met all the civs?

I'll try to grab some screenshots and post them.

Unless there's more then the standard amount, yes.

Right now the tech pace is very slow, but once the 2 Seafairing Civs meet everyone it will quickly speed up.

We have a tiny window between Inv & GunPwdr to do serious damage with Zerks, and then a much larger one from then till Nationalism to still be very effective. We need to take out/detrimentally cripple every Civ during this period, otherwise we'll get blown out in the tech race. Their simply isn't enough rivers on our main continent for us to have any income that isn't laughable especially with our unit costs.

Another concern of mine is that when we initially get Zerks, our best ship will be the gally. Transporting Zerks 2 at a time will take forever, utill we get caravels at least.

I think the GLight might be a very worthwhile wonder for us. It'll help out with movement up until we have galleons when we won't need it anymore because our Zerks are about to be worthless & it can become a tourist attraction so thats more gpt down the line.

Anyone have a tourist attraction wonder yet? How much does it increase income? I've been playing normal SGs & the conquests so much that this is my first epic game. :lol:

Top Bottom