The Great Armada (West Europe 1580 - 1640)

Luthor_Saxburg said:
:eek: I must say all these options makes it confusing for me... which one would you consider the standard?

Indeed as Ironduck stated, version 2.xa is kind of the standard as it was the original version.
But after that it is up to you. v2.xb and c, especially "c" allow for more diplomacy as much less countries are in locked war whereas v2.xa has basically all countries already at war and in an alliance (except for Scotland).

v2.xa Spain is the version "a" but if you want to play as Spain. You can play as Spain in the normal version but it is a bit too easy.

The different versions have been created to allow for various replays with different settings and because some players complained about the lack of diplomacy in a pure war environment.

In the Drake PBEM we will use v2.2c.

Version 2.2 biq uploaded for the 7 different settings (4 SG and 3 MP).

They fix the initial Spanish government bug, change the galloglass (2 in defense) and taxmen (2 gold and limits corruption) and add some money to the Spanish treasury in the MP versions as Spain lost a full turn of gold in PBEMs.

Since no other bug has surfaced since we started playing the v2.2aMP in AlbaII, this version should be considered stable.

No go!

I got "Art\Tech Chooser\Icons\Islan_small.pcx" missing... does that mean I have to re-install the big file? (I only DL the patch) :(

??? Never encountered or heard of that problem.

I checked the pediaicons text and it refers to islam pcx, not islan.pcx.

Have you toyed with the pediaicons text file ?

LouLong said:
I checked the pediaicons text and it refers to islam pcx, not islan.pcx.

Have you toyed with the pediaicons text file ?
The "n" was a typo... my typo!

Anyway, I downloaded again, played one turn and all seems fine. The thing was that I had DL this scenario looooong ago, so probably there were changes in between...

I'm ready to conquer the World!!! Long Live the Islam!!! NOT Islan BTW :p

A little bit of info to let you know an update is on its way. It has been delayed to get reports from the PBEM and because the diplomacy file is giving me headaches. It mostly covers the small bugs remaining, adds dedicated pedia, adds tow more sea units (the Fluyt replaces the galleon for the Dutch and the Muslims start with a much weaker chebeck but can later build a stronger but more expensive Turkish galley).

Besides the new version is being playtested intensively and will be the final "deluxe" version. So it will all come in one package.

Well, of course I could still add some music but I think I will pass that one.

I found some bugs: (I have not read most of this thread, so they may already be know, but it does not hurt to have conformation of a bug)

-War Galleons don't have a rate of fire value, but do have bombard strength and range.
-The Advanced International Habour has +50% Research. I assume it is supposed to be +50% tax.

Of course, great scenario. Can't wait for the update.:goodjob:

You definitely can, especially as it is a map based on some el Mencey's map (with quite a few modifications).

And thanks for appreciating the scenario.

Yeah, I hope you do upgrade this at some point that suits you Lou Long. I never got round to pointing out bugs, sorry about that. I've been enjoying playing this despite any minor bugs. It's definitely worth the time on a repolish.

It's one of the best multiplayer scenarios I've tried, even with all the balance issues we've had :)

Well, thanks ! :) :)

@ Rambuchan : it will be done. But I am waiting a tad more for more reports from the PBEM to avoid any further trouble.

Besides I would need one extra improvement pcx if someone is interested. A theater/art shows place for the late XVIIth-early XVIIIth. That's the only gfx I still need.

Nope, never by mail. BTW I remember the boardgame but had no knowledge of it on computers.

And about PBEM, it might be slow and appear "weird" for outsiders but as far as I am concerned all Civ3 games I play now are PBEM. Because they are very interesting as your opponents are other humans. Since you only play one turn at a time it can be frustrating at first but then you are much more careful with what you do. Everything becomes much more strategic. And diplomacy, trade, negociations, battles fought in common become much better. For instance a Napolelonic conquest by e-mail is a diplomatic cutthroat (and thus so nice !!).

LouLong said:
@ Rambuchan : it will be done. But I am waiting a tad more for more reports from the PBEM to avoid any further trouble.
I'm sure it will be done. However, I don't indulge in PBEM, otherwise I'd be helping here.
LouLong said:
Besides I would need one extra improvement pcx if someone is interested. A theater/art shows place for the late XVIIth-early XVIIIth. That's the only gfx I still need.
Do you mean an art gallery? A theatre? The Great Operahouse La Scala of Milan? Perhaps a museum / gallery? What about a grand church for culture, (this might be appropriate)?

Nice. Discarded it early one because I thought it would too much "wonder"-like but indeed it fits fine.

We just need to know how the last units fit into the game (in the PBEM) and I will have enough to update everything in one biq download.

Top Bottom