the Great Italian Wars - PBEM for 6 players

Final editions have been now made to the rules. Here is the summarized changes:
1. Other states are allowed to go trough water territories of Papal States.
2. If you have units on somebody's land and going to take military action versus this civ next turn you must declare war at the end of current turn via "peace treaty re-negotiation". If it is impossible because "peace treaty" still running, you must DoW in forum.
-exception: This rule is not in effect in cases where the war has been triggered by an attack towards Papal States. Example: Venice has troops in territority of Milan. Milan declares against Papal States. Venice declares to Milan because of the Pope's call and is allowed to attack at the same turn.
3. The player that has been granted free movement in Papal States territority is allowed to take military action immediately if he wishes to DoW against Papal States.

Can you PM the emails of all involved players to each other?

Because we are using forums for forwarding save files I don't think its necessary to have other players emails (and I have only yours so can't forward them). However you are free to conduct diplomacy in every form you wish. So if you don't like the PM function of the forums feel free to exchange email adresses.

I'll try to contact RickFGS to get this rolling later today.

Because we are using forums for forwarding save files I don't think its necessary to have other players emails (and I have only yours so can't forward them). However you are free to conduct diplomacy in every form you wish. So if you don't like the PM function of the forums feel free to exchange email adresses.

:lol:I guess I took the name PBEM a bit too literally. Also, a minor question, Are you obligated to declare war if you have not made contact with the Papal States or their Aggressor. Example: As Milan, Florence declares war on Papal States in Forums, although I have not met Papal States yet. Do I still have to declare war on Florence?

:lol:I guess I took the name PBEM a bit too literally. Also, a minor question, Are you obligated to declare war if you have not made contact with the Papal States or their Aggressor. Example: As Milan, Florence declares war on Papal States in Forums, although I have not met Papal States yet. Do I still have to declare war on Florence?

Good question! I happened to think the same thing recently and I think we should use the general guideline of "no diplomacy before met ingame" in here also. So in situations where either the aggressor or Papal States in still unknown declaration is not needed.

Excellent. Let's start! By the way, I'm afraid I'll be gone for another 3 days, but I should still be good on my deadline unless all 3 people before me play by tomorrow. I'm afraid this might happen a bit, but I'll always be able to check at least 3 times a week, so it's unlikely I'll go over 48 hours unless it gets sent to me right when I leave. Which civ will you take Glasnoft?

I'll take India.

Gandhi is pretty far from typical ruler or the holy seat, but atleast he is religious. :lol:

I'll start the game in sec. Have to write names, nouns etc. Will be going with the citystate names.

And the game is on! :eek:

Make sure to check that you have the correct position, units, civ etc. And take a final look on the rules.

GPS to RickFGS

Attachments

• ItalianWars4000G.SAV
    58 KB · Views: 59
Excellent. Let's start! By the way, I'm afraid I'll be gone for another 3 days, but I should still be good on my deadline unless all 3 people before me play by tomorrow. I'm afraid this might happen a bit, but I'll always be able to check at least 3 times a week, so it's unlikely I'll go over 48 hours unless it gets sent to me right when I leave. Which civ will you take Glasnoft?

Good to know. If there is a risk that you might have your turn when you are away make sure to let us know. :)

:woohoo: We are on a roll. In fact, next turn I'll get a space race victory.
Just kidding. GPS to Sicily.

Attachments

• Bengal_Tiger of the Milanese, 4000 BC.SAV
    58.2 KB · Views: 53
zzz55

Attachments

• I.Larkin of the Sicilians, 4000 BC.SAV
    58.3 KB · Views: 50
GPS to Rick.

Great speed at start!

Attachments

• GWOI3950BCglasnost.SAV