The Half-full Club.

Metzi

Oh bugger.
I'm starting a New Club.

Take it as a twisted ALC challange.
Example:
We all know Mongols are a Military Civ. Gengis Khans Traits combo this. The UU and UB are great (with horses).

Now what I inteand to do is to ruin Ghengis Khan.
I will keep Ghengis as the leader But:
1) There is Unristicted Leaders. Gengis of India for example, would be very interesting.
2) We must win a victory condition that does not compliment the traits/civ.(MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!)
3) Agressive AI is on.
4) Any other, lets ruin our leader, rules that will make the game harder are added for flavor.

So who wants to help me? The games will operate in a NC & Dr.Kossin style playing (1 game every week, all can play).

It's intended to be rediculous, so the more the merrier :king:.

Gengis of India for example, would be very interesting.

Aggressive power-chopping... Very interesting indeed. :D

Probably not going to ruin him much, though.

AGG AI is the only setting I don't necessarily agree with. AGG AI can put the player in dicey situations early, but if the AI fails to put the player away then and there, the rest of the game tends to be easy as AGG AI does things like tech very very very slowly and die horribly to anybody advanced and leave wonders late. As hard as it is when you get hit early, it's just as easy to sucker punch AIs who have their forces out of position, especially since you likely have the units anyway.

IMO it just makes things more erratic overall.

Yes, but no one likes a warmonger without a Combat UU.

The first game will either be:
Gengis of Mali,
Gengis of America,
Gengis of Korea.

The rules:
1) Gengis cannot declare war. He can only be at war defensivley or if he accepts a vassal/Defensive pact which involves wars.
2) Gengis will NOT build Naval Units.
3) Gengis must win buy Culture or UN. The AI may persue any victory they want.

I think that's enough pain :).

Edit: I will turn Aggresive AI off, see above post for explanation.

Metzi,

May I suggest also (?);
  • Genghis Kahn can not make any requests / demands of another AI (e.g. ask for technology or gold for no return).
  • Genghis Kahn can not pay / bribe for a rival to go to war with another rival, even if Mongolia is already at war with one of these competing empires.
  • Genghis Kahn can not build nuclear weapons.

Do remember: restrictions tend to make the game less versatile, and so also more boring. We're trying to torture the leader, not the player. :D

@Cam H.

I'll put in those rules aswell. Thank you.

Now to put up the game :).

It'll play over a week. Starts are every Saturday.
Every Friday I'll post congratulations to the winning games and such :)

Monsterzuma,

Can't say that I agree that variant rules make the game more boring. If they're well considered, variant rules throw up obstacles that the player needs to consider solutions to overcome, often 'out of the ordinary' considerations, and add both interest to the gameplay and reinforces the theme.

Metzi,

Glad you're happy with the proposals ... the first two I think; complement the theme, and more or less overcome a couple of cheap tactics to provoke the AI to attack which runs counter to the intent of the variant.

No nukes, no navy, and no bribing other nations into war means there's not much to do short of an A.P. resolution in terms of overcoming the threat posed by a culture vulture on another continent, and again arguably fits the theme that I understand you're trying to capture.

Top Bottom