The Hundred Years War, a scenario for MEM II

Yoda Power

✫✫✫✫✫✫✫

The Hundred Years' War was a conflict between France and England, lasting 116 years from 1337 to 1453. It was fought primarily over claims by the English kings to the French throne and was punctuated by several brief and two lengthy periods of peace before it finally ended in the expulsion of the English from France, with the exception of the Calais Pale. Thus, the war was in fact a series of conflicts and is commonly divided into three or four phases: the Edwardian War (1337-1360), the Caroline War (1369-1389), the Lancastrian War (1415-1429), and the slow decline of English fortunes after the appearance of Joan of Arc, (1429-1453). The term "Hundred Years' War" was a later historical term invented by historians to describe the series of events.

The war owes its historical significance to a number of factors. Though primarily a dynastic conflict, the war gave impetus to ideas of both French and English nationality. Militarily, it saw the introduction of new weapons and tactics, which eroded the older system of feudal armies dominated by heavy cavalry. The first standing armies in Western Europe since the time of the Western Roman Empire were introduced for the war, thus changing the role of the peasantry. For all this, as well as for its long duration, it is often viewed as one of the most significant conflicts in the history of medieval warfare.
- Wikipedia.

Introduction
This is the first classic scenario that was made for MEM II. Recent update - another scenario has been made for MEM II. Check out the Crusader States!

The scenario tries to cover the time period of 1338-1488, and the wars that was fought between France and England. You can also choose to play as several other civilizations, but these are the main factions, and probably also the easiest to win with (if not the funniest).

Version
This is the first version (1.0) that has only been tested by myself and embryodead. I hope that with time, and your help, we'll be able to make an even better version. As such all feedback is appeciated. :)

Requirements
You need to have the latest version of MEM II installed, in order to play it. Otherwise the scenario is pretty easy on your computer, with a somewhat standard sized map at 70:120.

Installation
1. Download the "HYW.zip" file.
2. Unzip it directly to your Conquests\Scenarios folder (usually C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Conquests\Scenarios)
3. Run Conquests and choose Civ-Content to access the MEM Hundred Years War.biq

Download
http://forums.civfanatics.com/./downloads.php?do=file&id=6193

Credits
Mod and scenario design:
embryodead & Yoda Power

Units:
aaglo, Aluminium, BeBro, Bjornlo, CamJH, CivArmy s. 1994, Dom Pedro II, embryodead, Gaias, Kinboat, Kindred72, Kryten, Lab Monkey, Orthanc, Plotinus, Sword_of_Geddon, utahjazz7, Yoda Power, zulu9812

Leaderheads:
CivArmy s. 1994, embryodead, jorde, Piernik, R8XFT, ShiroKobbure, sween32

Interface:
embryodead, mrtn, Olorin0222, PCHighway, Weasel Op

Terrain:
embryodead, Midnight Piper, Sn00py, Pounder, Rifleman, Yoda Power

Cities:
Aion, embryodead, mrtn, RedAlert, Yoda Power

Improvements, Wonders and Wonder Splashes:
aaglo, AK47, Ares de Borg, Bjornlo, crolador, embryodead, Hrafnkell, Kenta'arka, Lusikka755, mrtn, Plotinus, R8XFT, Rufus T. Firefly, SWalker, Traianus, Ukas, Unexisted, varwnos, Yoda Power

Tech Icons:
BeBro, embryodead, Kal-el, Keroro, mrtn, Partizanac, ronning, Rufus T. Firefly, Storm Grunt, utahjazz7, Yoda Power

Other:
Wikipedia.org - many Civilopedia entries
Byzantium1200.com - 3d reconstructions of Hagia Sofia, Aqueduct of Valens and Theodosian Walls.
Peter Bruegel - Start menu background: "The Triumph of Death" (c. 1560)
Bernt Notke - Banner: "Totentanz" (15th century)

If you find a piece of your work in the mod and you're not on the list, please let us know and we'll do our best to fix it!

SO nice :p

This shall fill in much much time until crusader states :)

Ooooh, an excuse to shout random quotes from Henry V whilst civving.

Downloading now. Looks like this is going to be a lot of fun (with or without the Ken Brannaugh impressions :) )

Sweet!!! I am playing as the Moors, and will try to get Spain back into the hands of the muslims.

Edit: Screenshots are upcoming.

How the heck does it look like modded terrain if it's a user created scenario? Some modded terrains dont even show the modded borderlines, and trying to make a scenario look like that ingame is just impossible.. How do you do it? O.o All i can make is random maps with Snoopy's X terrain thingy that came with the dirst expansion... -.-

How the heck does it look like modded terrain if it's a user created scenario? Some modded terrains dont even show the modded borderlines, and trying to make a scenario look like that ingame is just impossible.. How do you do it? O.o All i can make is random maps with Snoopy's X terrain thingy that came with the dirst expansion... -.-

If you're asking how is it done: you just include the chosen terrain graphics in the mod/scenario folders. There's really nothing else to it...

I just downloaded the mod, and installed it in all of the right folders, but the pediaicons file is incomplete/wrong. When I attempt to go to my science advisor, I receive an error message saying that the icon for the crossbow is missing. i.e. (art/civilopedia/icons/units/Xbow_small.pcx) is missing. I don't know if any others are missing. Otherwise, looks to be a promising mod. Could you/someone post an updated civilopedia or art file, or provide a link where I can find the art/units and fix it myself?

I have the main mod and all of the patches. The main mod is one of my favorite mods. That's why I want this scenario to work.

legio XII,
You must have not installed the 1.1 patch or installed it in the wrong place, because crossbowman file was added precisely in 1.1

Top Bottom