The Iliad

What's up with the server? Just tried to play my turn and the connection timed out.

The server is now up and running again and there are about four hours left on the clock for Maydrock to take his turn.

Maydrock, if this is insufficient time please advise me.

Scooter you will also need to re-take you turn. Again if there are problems please advise me.

Because the game was still running and there was a turn while I was sorting the problems out players will have received email notification of a turn change which should be ignored. I reloaded a recovery from before scooter took his turn in 1270 BC. If Maydrock and Scooter manage to play their turns in the next four hours you will receive a further notification of a turn change, which should not be ignored. If either do not manage to play their turns there will be another reset, which will be much later as I have other commitments in the meantime.

Unfortunately this appears to have been an issue with the security software that automatically upgrades. Hopefully it will not repeat itself. The game and CivStats were running properly. It was only the connection, which was blocked.

Let me know if there are further problems.

Bolkonsky. ;)

kmac33 has joined the game as a regular player taking over the Aztec civilization.

Bolkonsky. ;)

I am leaving on a 3 week trip to Tibet starting Wednesday, the 8th. I am back on the 28th of August.

Rhothaerill from Apolyton will be playing my turns. The timing of his work and family responsibilities means he might miss a turn or two, but he will be checking the game as often as he can.

He can be reached at rhothaerill tatatatata comcast todtodtod net.

And yes - going to Everest Base Camp, and will bring back a picture or two. :D

Cheers...Beta/ToxoXI

I am leaving on a 3 week trip to Tibet starting Wednesday, the 8th. I am back on the 28th of August.

Rhothaerill from Apolyton will be playing my turns. The timing of his work and family responsibilities means he might miss a turn or two, but he will be checking the game as often as he can.

He can be reached at rhothaerill tatatatata comcast todtodtod net.

And yes - going to Everest Base Camp, and will bring back a picture or two. :D

Cheers...Beta/ToxoXI

I believe that there is a cybercafe at Everest Base Camp. I wonder if it would be a first to play Civ on-line from there! You could even make it into the next Civanon video!

Really, Toxo, you should plan your holidays with more care! Three weeks away from Civ!

But seriously, have a wonderful trip. I will be most interested to see your photos.

Bolkonsky. ;)

P.S. I thought Everest Base Camp is in Nepal! I guess you mean this one! http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6897591.stm

Thanks folks. Appreciate that!

And yes, that is the Base Camp we are going to. Thanks for the link. We, along with another couple we have hiked a lot with, are part of a 10 to 15 person adventure tour, with a guide. We will be staying at the Rongbuk Monastery the night before we trek up to Base Camp. Does sound like a bit of the wild west up there. :eek:

One of our friends is a school teacher, so we were restricted to July-Aug travel. And that is when the monsoons are hammering the other side of the mountain, and why the more common base camp, the one in Nepal, was not an option. Besides, this wy we get to see Tibet. :)

Thanks folks. Appreciate that!

And yes, that is the Base Camp we are going to. Thanks for the link. We, along with another couple we have hiked a lot with, are part of a 10 to 15 person adventure tour, with a guide. We will be staying at the Rongbuk Monastery the night before we trek up to Base Camp. Does sound like a bit of the wild west up there. :eek:

One of our friends is a school teacher, so we were restricted to July-Aug travel. And that is when the monsoons are hammering the other side of the mountain, and why the more common base camp, the one in Nepal, was not an option. Besides, this wy we get to see Tibet. :)

That's awesome! I love to travel (my wife and I have a travel business on the side for that very reason!), and am looking to go to the Karakorum highway on the west side of the Himalayas next year. Have a great trip and send us a run-down when you get back! :D

That's awesome! I love to travel (my wife and I have a travel business on the side for that very reason!), and am looking to go to the Karakorum highway on the west side of the Himalayas next year. Have a great trip and send us a run-down when you get back! :D

Will do and thanks! Did you read about Bruce Kirkby's (Canadian Adventurer) experiences riding in Mongolia?

I play civ so that I don't have to travel. I can conquer far off lands from the comfort of my chair.

:goodjob:

I am going to miss my civin, although I have all of my games in good hands now.

Also going to miss my dog. :( But he is going to the sister-in-laws place out in the country - with two big ponds on the property. :)

Top Bottom