The Immortal Mad Scientist

Immortal Mad: The Arabian Conquest

Mansa has expanded as far as he can, but his greed has not been satiated yet, for he eyes a magnificent gold city in his northernly neighbor's lands. The decision is made and the Mali begin researching Chemistry follwoed by Steel. Yes cold hard steel for cannons.

But to start the next Great person is born

MAnsa briefly considers a culture bomb, but they never work too well on established cities. So the Golden Age of the MAli is begun.

And while we are spiritual we still use this time to swap civics

Theocracy and Nationalism. Time to build an army FAST!

A glance at tech show we have a monopoly on rifling but still have some trade options.

Joao's Lackeys proved excellent trading partners this segment.

Once we got Scientific we took a look at the land and found

No oil! Yet there is some that an Arabian border city is built upon. That seals it, Mansa begins to whip treb/rifles while using the draft, getting alot of unhappiness but having only a 15 turn dissatisfaction amongst his people.

Another view of the techs show

Not bad at all. Military tradition was researched and now Steam Power is teched while we drop the slider to 0% to produce enough gold to do some upgrading, particularly trebs to cannons.

Finally we have a satisfactory army set with a few spies planted in the major target cities

To avoid any unpleasent surprises we adopt Buddism

Getting Hyuna to friendly (same favorite civic), Ramesses to pleased, and Joaoa remains at pleased.

A suddenly dazed Saladin is unprepared for the unjust backstab

And his protective longbows are cut down by our amazing rifle backed army.

Military allies were acquired

And Arabian cities conquered

Mansa is please at getting oil but his eye still lingers on the Hindu holy city of Mecca, thus he begins his pilgrimage to the holy city behind the mighty Malinese army.

Ramesses attempts to leverage the AP

But alas, the vote failed, bitterly disappointing.

We swing yet another valuable trade

And begin researching Democracy. Coal is found throughout the Mali empire, thus we do not have the same problem as oil.

And while steel is a valuable tech we found our new Egyptian friends propose a deal we simply cannot refuse

In fact Mansa was in such a good mood he traded with Hyuna for corporation even though the Great Lighthouse's days are over.

To Be Continued...............

The Immortal Mad: The Arabian Conquest

Meanwhile the army attacked and captured Mecca.

Mansa made a grand entrance into the Holy City, examining the contents

An excellent city! The Malinese army regroups here, planning the assault upon Medina.

Meanwhile the Arabian influnece to the direct north is removed.

And a super medic Unit is created.

The army is heal and assembled

While reinforcements are sent to MEcca to plan a secondary attack.

Rather easily, the Arabian city of Medina falls to Mansa

AT this time Joao comes around with this demand

we agree and revert back to Hinduism, keeping both Ramesses and Hyuna happy with civics and common foes.

After Democracy we swap civics

And begin Assembly line for some serious ground troops.

The final Arab city we are interested in falls.

Which breaks the back of Saladin who is willing to submit to a higher authority.

Borders are opened and sal is forced into a massive trade

Big techs we get while properly euipping out Arab vassal with some strong military techs.

I saved here considering the next option.

Oh, we did meet the last leader

We opened borders and then ignored him.

The resource map shows

We have Uranium, so we are set for future war, I mean expansion.

Techs are

Quite amazing considering this is Immortal and we have been peaceful most of the game.

Cities

And Demographics

So at this point I think we take out veteran army, drop it on Joao's border with Arabia, and BAM!!!!!!!

At that point it is time to regroup and decide what needs to be done next. Sitting Bull looks like a real sap, and Will is pretty weak. But we are getting ahead of ourselves.

Portugal and her lackeys first.

Attachments

• Immortal Mad Scientist AD-1500.CivBeyondSwordSave
    503.1 KB · Views: 67
as far as i can see its likely that Will have been locked in a attemped warbuildup on ... Egypt prehaps? ... since for ever, due to a mountain inbetween them creating a unpassable landbrigde ... so he likely have a big outdated army draining maintainence

Nice game so far. It looks like you are making a conscientious effort to finish before civ v is out. Can't wait for the ending.

Nice game indeed. I see you get all kinds of useful messages and notifications. What mod are you using for this?

Nice game indeed. I see you get all kinds of useful messages and notifications. What mod are you using for this?

THe Bug Mod, although I am not sure version anymore.

The Immortal Mad: War Against The Portugese Alliance

The time was right to stike again, the Mali had a tech advantage and an army to back it up. Quickly old and new forces were built and placed on the borders with Portugal.

Mansa swapped religion once again.

And the Happy Joao was given the bad news.

Too bad dude, we need to expand to win this game.

Unfortunately Joaoa's three vassals also joined in the war along with

Danged, and we changed religions to avoid this. Oh well, at least Hyuna stayed pleased.

MAnsa proceeded to methodically crush several cities on HIS continent.

While we were beating up the Portugese Allinace we finished Assembly Line and promoted a few units to infantry.

Lisbon is a prime city

So we have three capital quality cities

Ramesses attempted to use the AP against Sal

Which fortunately was voted down.

Reinforcements and quickly healed veterans continued to pound away at Joaoa

After Assembly Line Mansa research Railroad which we used to trade to Sal for

Sal was directed to research Communism while we researched Combustion.

Ramesses eventually cooled off and was willing to talk peace

And we quickly started trading resources again.

Portugal continued to crumble, with the last continental city falling

With Joao's only cities being islands cities and us having no naticeable navy, we talked peace

Unfortunately Joaoa was not willing to vassal himself, but that is of no concern for the Mali has greatly increased it's size in two very efficient wars.

As we get peace we finish combustion and think about the next tech to research

SO I am thinking about electricity/radio/mass media for potentially a fast UN diplomatic win. If not, perhaps some happiness wonders and radio is good to have to make a run at the internet.

Our cities

Techs

Current civics which need a little altering.

I am thinking of representation/free speech/emancipation/free market/OR.

The map of the world

Victory conditions

And demographics

I think we need a miltiary buildup here, just to be safe. Buddhism is probably enough to avoid future wars if we want.

So how do we proceed?

1) I say infrastructure and spawn military from the HE city (DeJenee).
2) Wall Street and Iron Works need to be built.
3) Electricity/Radio/MM for the UN.
4) After that I say we shoot for the internet building a good navy/invasion force if needed.
5) I see a clear path to a space race here.

Remember this is NOT an RPC so I will take the fastest and most sure path to victory.

Attachments

• Immortal Mad Scientist AD-1640.CivBeyondSwordSave
    566.2 KB · Views: 59
Great game as always Mad. I was just amazed at how far saladin was in technologies. Then I took another look at Mecca and understand why it is a holy city. +41 gold and a load of GP and resources. And then Jaoa's capital with 3 corn, lol. That is some serious good material.

I take it that Djenne is going to be your Ironwork city? 49 hammers and not even a factory or coal plant yet. That is an incredible base load of hammers. And Mecca is going to be wall street material? Any plans on corporations?

UN doesn't look safe. You'd be up against a buddhist, so would get split votes. You could research to MM and then gift it to Saladin or Willem, that might work. Otherwise space is probably your fastest VC, since domination would be long and tedious.

The Immortal Mad: Cruising to Space

I finished off the game as things went well and I wanted is done before CiV was released (and the thread forgotten).

The first thing is a civic swap

Focusing on research (representation), diplomacy, and production here.

Techpath went Electricity/radio to start

Looking at the religious screen

MAnsa decides the AP religion of Budhism must be spread further, thus buddist missionaries are spammed.

Sal is forced to research Communism, then this trade was forced down his throat.

We adopted state property, not wanting to deal with corps here.

The cities on the Incan continent have a lot of production potential, thus we were able to quickly build

A new Broadway show of Mansa's life and times throughout the history of Civilization IV was made and sold to all leaders for a hefty price. MAnsa was delighted.

Rock and Roll was quickly built by another AI however we managed

To construct a magnificent statue in honor of Mansa Musa.

The techpath went Industrialism/plastics/computers as Willem turned out to be our biggest tech threat. Ironworks was built in the capital and directed to build the internet.

Meanwhile we found ourselves getting voted in charge of the AP

We popped a Great Spy

Which was used with one of our saved great Artists for a second golden age. We have another Great Artist waiting which likely will be used for a thrid golden age.

As the iron works is built in Timbuktu and the golden age started, we changed civics

to speed along the internet.

Diplomacy ranged supreme here as our only concerns were a cautious Willem who has enough on his hands and an impotent Joaoa. We did get a request from Willem

Which we agreed to for 1 turn and swapped back to OR (gotta love that Chrito Redentor).

Finally

We had already researched superconductors and genetics and then stole

Divine Right
Facism
Artillery
Rocketry
Flight

Timbuktu begins Apollo while the rest of the empire builds labs.

The tech situation

Is well under control and we continue to keep our defenses up.

Next we found out that Willem was busy building the UN

SO we easily got control of the AP and UN however we never got enough votes for a diplomatic victory.

We continued along the space tech path and popped a third Great Person for our last Golden Age

We poped another GE and then got the free one from Fusion, thus we researched

And was able to use the 2 GEs to rush

A minor war broke out between Sitting Bull and Hyuna Capac

Which we stayed out of. We gave into Joao's request for electricity in the interest of peace rather than fear.

Soon we were able to pump out

And in 1877

There were cheers and celebration as Mansa stepped foot on Alpha Century.

The photo opt at the end

A good score for an early space race win.

Well, there you have it. An immortal MAd Scientist victory!

I expect to get Civilization V in early october and will be playing some RPCs sometime after! Thanks for following this game!

Masterful game. Very well done.

Very nice job, as always! :goodjob: Looking forward to your first public game on CivV.

Corngratulations... One question: everything I've heard about the space elevator is that the beaker/hammer investment is mostly useless for space. Did you get robotics from the internets?

Corngratulations... One question: everything I've heard about the space elevator is that the beaker/hammer investment is mostly useless for space. Did you get robotics from the internets?

I spent 6 turns researching robotics since I already had the 2 GEs. I am not one to worry too much about the math and hammer efficieny, rushing the space elevator got me into space that much faster. Otherwise I would have just pushed the gold slider to 100% 6 turns earlier and upgraded all units to mechanical infantry that much earlier, not an issue considering diplomacy. If I had an irate Shaka waiting to declare on my perhaps I would have opted for the earlier gold than the elevator.

Great work Mad, great game to finish off your substantial donation to the civ4 community. I also really enjoyed seeing you beat a higher level even though it was constantly amusing as you messed around on lower ones!

I know this thread is 2 months over with but I have a quick question regarding your army build up prior to attacking Saladin.

You had just researched Steel, but chose to build, whip and draft Rifles and Trebs. Then, you ran the slider at 0% and mass upgraded your Trebs to cannons. Just curious why this was done this way instead of simply building/whipping cannons.

Did you do this for the sake of quickly building your siege, or is this more an efficient way of converting food (whip) to cannons by way of using gold to upgrade Trebs, rather than just converting food directly to cannons?

A strategy I have used was to slowly build Trebs in my production/military cities using :hammers:, while running merchants in Caste. Then, once I have steel, I would send a couple of Great Merchants on trade missions to then upgrade my Trebs to cannons.

At the time I was whipping trebs and drafting rifles I was still teching steel. Upgrade costs are fairly low for trebs to cannons so I opted for the 100% gold slider option to maximize the attack. Not sure if it's more efficient overall to build trebs then upgrade, but timewise in this situation it made plenty sense.

At the time I was whipping trebs and drafting rifles I was still teching steel. Upgrade costs are fairly low for trebs to cannons so I opted for the 100% gold slider option to maximize the attack. Not sure if it's more efficient overall to build trebs then upgrade, but timewise in this situation it made plenty sense.

Ah, makes sense. Sorry, I missed the fact that you were whipping trebs while teching steel. You're right, the upgrade costs from Trebs to cannons isn't that bad.

Top Bottom