The Kingdom of Hatti: Bring Back the Hittites

The inventors of Iron Working and War Chariots the Hittites were still a major Civ.
The problem at the moment is, that Sumeria get as UU the Warcart and not the Phalanx. So there is a problem with the implementation if you do not change Sumeria at the same time.

The Hittites armies were very fast, so that they were capable to take Babylon in an coup and smash the First Dynasty of Babylon. The UU should be an early and cheaper swordsman.

The Egyptian–Hittite peace treaty could be the base of some thoughts about their UA. Short after this peace treaty was made they sign an alliance. So the UA could be that after a peace treaty the attitude of the other Civ will be resetted.

The Hittites armies were very fast, so that they were capable to take Babylon in an coup and smash the First Dynasty of Babylon.

Oh boy, I can already tell where this is going

"Suppiluliuma's special ability is called "Levantine Campaign". Upon declaring a War during an Emergency, his troops get +2 movement and do 50% more damage to city health for ten turns"

Oh boy, I can already tell where this is going

"Suppiluliuma's special ability is called "Levantine Campaign". Upon declaring a War during an Emergency, his troops get +2 movement and do 50% more damage to city health for ten turns"
And their Unique XXX culture bombs adjacent tiles! :D

An update to my previous suggestion

UU: Ansekurrames (chariot fighter): Replaces chariot, stronger, strong against cavalry
UB: Bit Hilani: Replaces Monument, more expensive produces twice the ammount of culture
UA: Panko: Encampments build faster /Strategic resource within city limits, encampments and buildings therin contribute +1 culture
UAL: Pudu Hepa Tawanna: For every suzerain city state gain additional faith, For every DoF or alliance generate envoys quicker
UAL: Suppuiluliumas Tabarna: Gain more from raids, when target of an emergancy all units gain +10 Strength

Achivements
I, The Sun: As Suppuiluliuma win a science victory on diety difficulty
People of a thousand gods: As Pudu Hepa have ten cities each with a different faiths and 10 population size

Last edited:
Hittites were great miners and tradesmen, tin was scarce all around but quite plentiful in their lands and Hatti took advantage of it.
Brilliant politicians, scientific people.
Also, a quite prominent role of women in the Hittite society.
Sacked Babylon, then went back home.
A fascinating, original culture, a great study for one willing to learn about them Hatti.

Greatest conqueror king: Suppiluliuma I
The one most likely to lead in Civ: Puduhepa - best known/accomplished queen of the Hatti.

UU: 3 Man Chariot - (driver, spearman and archer) - distance hit and melee strength as well. Replaces Chariot.
Other possible UU - Sickle Swordsman (available with bronze working, less strength than generic swordsman)
UTI/UD: ?
UA: Could deal with their mining and metal crafting/smelting skills

I understand the language difficulties but nonetheless would love to see the Hatti back in the game, they were once a great empire, deserve their place in the Civ series again. It was them, Egypt and Babylon-and later Assyria, as those who ruled the Near East - the birthplace of Civilization, for centuries during the Bronze Age. Time to grant them their due, Firaxis.

UU: 3 Man Chariot - (driver, spearman and archer) - distance hit and melee strength as well. Replaces Chariot.
Other possible UU - Sickle Swordsman (available with bronze working, less strength than generic swordsman)

I understand the language difficulties but nonetheless would love to see the Hatti back in the game, they were once a great empire, deserve their place in the Civ series again. It was them, Egypt and Babylon-and later Assyria, as those who ruled the Near East - the birthplace of Civilization, for centuries during the Bronze Age. Time to grant them their due, Firaxis.

Think it should be should be Chariot it was their signature troop after all

I dont think language would be that much of a problem since we do have a nice chunk of it in particular offical letters and proclamation

Also Ansekurrames means chariot fighter I have updated my previous post with that

With the right leader, the Hittites might be a good candidate for a total war civ that has no diplomatic options other than declaring war and peace. They broke from the norm of settling near a fresh-water body in order to make it difficult for enemies to advance on them and retaliate.

The Hittites were also great for the introduction of a mercenary system. :cowboy:
Maybe there UA could have something to do with the new alliance system.

They may be allowed, at a certain grade of an alliance, to buy the UU of the ally.

Hittites focused on their dual war-peace role vis-a-vis Egypt could be interesting, which is why I think Puduhepa would be a suitable choice, irrespective of the fact that she was a woman with a rather uncommon level of power in antiquity.

[...]can have multiple alliances of the same type could work, I think. (simple, unique, powerful).
Not gonna lie, I stole this idea for a second leader for Persia, but there are two leaders who get an extra policy card, so more than one leader having this could still work.

Anyway, my vote goes to Hattusili I.

Hittites focused on their dual war-peace role vis-a-vis Egypt could be interesting, which is why I think Puduhepa would be a suitable choice, irrespective of the fact that she was a woman with a rather uncommon level of power in antiquity.

Suppiluliuma I and Puduhepa are my picks for Hittite leaders. :love: I wrote a historical fiction story for an English class at my first university. It basically consisted of Suppiluliuma I speaking to three of his sons (Zannanza, Arnuwanda II, Mursili II) about who to send to marry the Egyptian widow queen. Zannanza agrees and prepared to leave. He talked to one of the Hittite guards (named Huzziya) who was my actual "protagonist" of the short comic story.

Last edited:
Top Bottom