The most exciting new feature

The most exciting new feature

• The World Congress/ The United Nations Resolutions

Votes: 40 16.7%
  • New Civilizations and the changes in the old civilizations

Votes: 30 12.6%
  • New wonders, tech, units, buildings...

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Trade Routes

Votes: 65 27.2%
  • New system of tourism and culture

Votes: 53 22.2%
  • Social Policies and Ideologies

Votes: 23 9.6%
  • Improvements in multiplayer

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • New Scenarios

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Better AI and balance changes

Votes: 10 4.2%
  • Archeology System

Votes: 6 2.5%
  • Other (diplomat, great works, best religion, etc)

Votes: 4 1.7%

• Total voters
This is a difficult choice. On of the one hand, a World Congress type mechanic is something I missed the most from Civ IV. On the other hand the changes to the Social Policies (i.e. the separation of Ideologies) fits perfectly into a mod that I was planning. But then if Venice is indeed one of the new civs, it will be one of my most wanted yet.

In the end, Venice wins out for me.

The changes in mechanics appear so drastic and exciting that I would normally vote for them if this was any other expansion...

...but I've been waiting for Indonesia as a Civ for so long that I just had to vote for 'New Civilizations and changes in old civs'

World Congress
Trade Routes
Tourism and Culture
Archaeology System
Social Policies and Ideologies
Improvements in Multiplayer
New wonders, tech, units, buildings
New Civilizations and changes of old ones
Better AI and balance changes
New Scenarios
Other

This is a difficult choice. On of the one hand, a World Congress type mechanic is something I missed the most from Civ IV.

This, very much this. I've longed for a more complex diplomacy scene since the days of Civ IV, and this sounds like a very solid step in the right direction. It's the only thing I was terribly disappointed to see wasn't in the original version of the game. I'm extremely excited for this!

I'm excited about all of it, but I had to vote for the new culture and tourism system. Great Works sound really cool, and I'm really looking forward to playing with this new feature.

I'm worried about the World Congress, even though it's something I want, if the AI is still so insane diplomatically. Backstabbing needs to be changed to be less common. I also don't think the AI should get so mad about certain things, like building wonders they wanted to build or building cities, nor should "friends" ask for gifts constantly without a proposed trade, which basically begs you to harm the relationship when it is really the fault of the requesting civ. Puppeting cities, backstabbing civs, denouncements and lots of declarations of war should bother other civs, but there needs to be more balance before I am so anxious to put the existence of my trade routes and ability to use luxury resources in the hands of the AI players.

What are you doing to me man??!! I can't choose between the WC, the new civs, the trade routes, and the new tourism/culture? :) ;)

EDIT: I ended up going with Tourism/Culture, because that really seems to change my favorite VC for the better, making it so much more hands on, and integrates the great works, ideologies (for Wonders), and such to give it that all-inclusive BNW feel!

Close 2nd is the trade routes, WC, and the new civs!!!

Okay, after looking at all the screenshots in the gallery thread, I take it back. I'm most excited about the ACW scenario!

What's most exciting for me is how all the new features are interconnected!

It should be noted that almost half of the poll options aren't new "features" as such (new civs, wonders, scenarios, AI/balance changes). In any case I voted for tourism, but it only just beat out Trade Routes.

Probably my favorite is the World Congress:
-I hated it in the end for a Diplomatic victory when it was just voting and it only happened at the end. Now, with all the not so bad resolutions I find that there will be more diplomacy between each cib

It was hard for me to choose as well. I am happy about most of the new civs, though I wish they would still put in Israel, and the archeology looks fun. But I think I am looking most forward to the new culture and tourism system.

International trade, which is ironic given it existed in vanilla CivIV.

I think tourism and culture (with new victory) for me, with new civilisations (Poland, Assyria, possibly Venice) right after that.

The World Congress/ The United Nations Resolutions for me as its the only indication we have of a more robust diplomacy model. Hopefully the ideology blocs will mean DOF's will be more reliable.

Top Bottom