The NES Wiki - Get Wiki With It

You don't need to know much code, just how to make links.

You log on with the password 'NES'.

Retroactive deletion.

Where is the log on button? :(

Retroactive deletion.

Have we ever defined the different generations? First generation NESer seems to be clear, but that is it.

@tossi, I think this summation by Iggy and das is pretty good.

Lord_Iggy said:
das (from the Guide to NESing Thread) said:
Eh? It appeared on this forum. The first generation was... hmm.... UkNemesis, Toasty, SKILORD, JasontheKing, Ice Eye, Sheep2, Erik Mesoy, EQandCivfanatic, Sixchan, das and some others. There seems to be a second generation I missed, but I am not very sure of that. The third generation is erez (okay, maybe he was in the first generation, don't remember now), Amirsan, stalin006, Feanor (supposedly) and then some. Not sure about North King, Stormbringer and GlobalNexus, I think they should be third (but SB apparently appeared, then disappeared and finally appeared again, the last one happened already when I came back and I didn't know him previously). Fourth generation is Xen, Amenhotep7, Gelion, silver2039, fantasmo, Toteone and many others. Too long a list.
I'll add to this. In my opinion, Fifth Generation should be the group of people who joined since the beginning of 2005 to the middle of summer 2005. Generation six is the small influx of NESers who joined from summer 2005 to the release of CivIV. Israelite, Kentharu, Me, and... TerrisH, The_Strategos, tommy_toon, sheesh, I can't think of anyone more. And the current generation is # 7. 8th generation has yet to come.

Retroactive deletion.

@tossi, I think this summation by Iggy and das is pretty good.

Doesn't please me. Second generation is left undefined and I still don'T know what I'm.

NESing officially started April 2002. There are very few people left from these old days, and I dare to suggest that there isn't a single one who can remember who exactly joined when. Therefore the concept of different generations subjectively defined by some NESers is IMHO not suitable.

Generations could be vaguely defined in one article, thus we dont get an exact definition (and no fights who was here first) and the whole generation thing would not get much attention anyways.

Retroactive deletion.

Retroactive deletion.

Wonderfull work Sym! :goodjob:

Retroactive deletion.

Q: How do I delete an existing Article?

Retroactive deletion.

I've greatly expanded my page, and have added 2 pages: metagaming, and ooc.

Retroactive deletion.

I'm left seriously questioning the demand of the community for a fully functional wiki. There does not seem to be interest, let alone enthusiasm from the vast bulk of the community for this project. I don't know if people are intimidated, apathetic, alienated, or something else entirely, but the fact remains there is a distinct lack of input from most NESers. A dozen people alone doesn't make a Wiki, and before we sink much more time into this than already has been, I think we need to figure out what can be done to rectify this problem and to motivate the rest of the community, if anything. Otherwise there is only limited utility in putting in the effort required to get a refined product.
I think the real question that must be addressed is, why? We have a nice forum where we (in the general sense, not me ;)) have been NESing successfully for several years now. What good would a wiki bring? What's the point? Is it really worth it?

Don't try to answer my questions, I have my own answers, and am already mildly positive to the project. But I'm pretty sure that those are the questions that the community collectively wonders about, possibly subconciously but still. If people don't see an obvious, significant gain, then the only ones you will attract to this are those that find the concept of a wiki interesting in its own right.

Most NESers are probably just here to play, and have fun. Not to expend a lot of effort creating something for the benefit of the community. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Oh, and should I be flattered that I'm not at the top of your head? :p

Top Bottom