1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The new patch seems to have arrived

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Clement, Oct 22, 2010.

1. El Caballerion

El Caballerion King

I've yet to install the patch, but does it fix the bug where the AI gives you all or most of their cities after declaring war?

2. Jharii

Jharii King

Overall. Thanks for focusing on one part of the overall wealth fixes, which was exactly the reason for my response to begin with.

3. mattcrwi

mattcrwi Warlord

That was fixes in the very fix patch that was rushed out like day 2...

4. ssh08

ssh08 Pleased

except it didnt work that time. i still got those kinda peace offers after

5. Abegweit

Abegweit Anarchist trader

Dumb question undoubtedly, but how do I produce wealth? I can't kind anything in the city screen which does it.

6. PieceOfMind

PieceOfMind Drill IV Defender Retired Moderator

Pretty sure you need to research Currency first.

7. generalwar

generalwar Philosopher

IT should be in that que where you decide what is your city going to build. Avaible units to build are first, than buildings and than, there should be choose whealth or science production.

Edit: As PieceofMind said, you need currency for that.

8. Abegweit

Abegweit Anarchist trader

I looked it up in the civlopedia but as usual it was useless. Thanks for the answer.

9. zub

zub Chieftain

I had this long pause happen a few times before the patch, and I was using melee. No crash yet though.

10. Neofelis Nebulo

Neofelis Nebulo Chieftain

I must say I am deeply disappointed by now on this patch as it effectively made playing the game impossible as it doesn't utilize the mods. The original game already being generously described as dumbed down, those mods are the only thing that makes this game playable and now this.

Firaxis, I demand action!

11. Ravenfeeder

Ravenfeeder Chieftain

Time between turns does seem to be significantly shorter now. I wonder what they did as there are just as many workers as there used to be.

12. happycat

happycat Chieftain

Thank you, I will try that.

13. ohioastronomy

ohioastronomy King

I got some cities in a peace deal and the game is stuck on the "choose production" option for a puppeted city. Is there any way out? Save and reload doesn't do anything.

14. Namaspamus

Namaspamus Warlord

Does anyone have a new bug with an intense white light? When a city-state appears on the map it looks like some X-files aliens are here. I'm playing it on a Mac without Windows so I could be almost the only one with this paranormal activity.

15. happycat

happycat Chieftain

Update to my previous reply to your suggestion: I have now tried it, plus "dumbing down" everything in the graphics settings, turning off my vc, and it still gets the occasional black screen and cannot recover from it. Interestingly, if I run the game in DirectX 9, it doesn't crash---once in a while, screen goes black for 4-5 seconds, then comes back. But now the game won't start in DX9 any more, since I followed another suggestion to install the DXsetup that comes with the game.

I guess I can buy a couple more gigs of RAM and see if that helps :confused:

16. Mr_V

Mr_V Warlord

What is absolutely amazing to me is that rivers graphics are not "fixed". They still look uglier than a simple brush swipe in MS Paint. Christ, rivers in Civ 1 had more life in them.

And there was plenty of pre-release screenshots where rivers were beautifully drawn, only for this to be somehow removed in the official release. Boggles the mind.

17. Ceedub

Ceedub Chieftain

I can't play a game with custom civs. They don't appear in the drop-down list in set-up. The standard civs all appear multiple times in the advanced set-up drop-down though.

I've already tried disabling all mods and just enabling one custom civ at a time with no success.

EDIT: Solution found in another thread: http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1243477&postcount=151

18. Tyrael

Tyrael ALC Lurker

The update notes says they improved the worker AI for pathfinding for road construction. Since we knew that workers were far and away the leading cause of wasted time between turns, I'd guess that this was a big part of that if the turns are now going faster as I have heard.

19. cdcuase

cdcuase Warlord

When civ5 was first announced earlier this year the rivers in the screenshots looked exactly the same as they do now. So it looks as though they pretty much stopped all "progress" on them. Firaxis' art department must really be hurting after the layoffs.

20. lschnarch

lschnarch Emperor

The graphics engine (although only delivering mediocre graphics, to stay polite) already squeezes the last bit out of many rigs here.

If the rivers were animated, another 10 - 25% wouldn't be enabled to play the game.

I think it was a well-thought decision to make the rivers as they are by now and I don't see this change very soon, if at all.