The new patch seems to have arrived

civ3 AI priced lux based on need, but it also had an exponential happiness sytem because markets multiply happiness exponentially based on number of luxuries. Getting that last luxury usually generates a lot of happiness, so they are valued very highly.

I don;'t think it will work as well in Civ5, but they should make it so that lux over X happiness is valued at Y/A + B

X = arbitrary happiness cap ; here B is base cost, Y is value of extra lux to next GA, A is luxuries over cap +1

Agreed. That's how i meant for it to be implemented of course, since there are no happy faces per city anymore. If you or someone could mod it somehow,it would be really nice.

Thank you Firaxis for releasing a patch that breaks my save game.
Thank you Steam for automatically updating Civ without warning me my save would break.
What's that? A fix will be released on Monday - that's great.
Oh wait.. I'll be back at work on Monday

Here is what I suggest.

1. Right click on the game in steam, choose Properties -> Updates and tell it not to automatically update the game.

2. Subscribe to this thread at the 2K Forums (you will need to create an account if you don't have one already) for instant email notifications.
http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89117

Whenever a new patch is released that might break savegames, you will receive an email, and after that, don't launch the game while in steam's online mode, as it would cause the game to update.

Instead, to avoid the update, set steam to offline mode. Especially if a new patch is known to be on the way very soon, setting to offline mode is probably a good idea.

I know Steam is really annoying in this regard, but for now we are stuck with having to do these sorts of awkward work arounds. It's just a matter of knowing what you need to do.

In case you're owner of the deluxe version, there is a hotfix for this problem in the pipeline, but most probably will not be released before monday.

And now, thanks to Steam's way of working, there is not "rolling back".
True, but I've foreseen this and told Steam not to update automatically :p

True, but I've foreseen this and told Steam not to update automatically :p

Just make sure you don't launch the game while steam is in online mode. :)

I just noticed I still have the "little red orbs" on my maps, mostly in Tundra tiles. It doesn't really bother me though. I've never had a single crash or anything yet and the patch seems to have made the game more playable. I'm still on Windows XP and it seems fine, more stable than it was before the patch at least.

* City - Add a Puppet city strategy that turns off training buildings and emphasizes gold.

It's nice to be able to look inside Puppet cities. What I noticed though is that ALL of them emphasize gold. So I don't see how the patch notes can rightly imply you can choose a CS "strategy" emphasizing gold, as the puppet states all train buildings and you have no choice over what they build (and they all emphasize gold as is).

Can't wait to tr this patch. Looks like they have really made first steps, ha?

Hmm, does it start to update it right away?

For all intents and purposes, if you launch the game while in online mode, it's interpreted as "If there is an update available, please update my game, otherwise launch the game". It can't be reversed once started either.

Does somebody knows how to sell buildings?

I dont see anything in city view.. :/
As what I've heard they should be on right side of the screen, the dropdown menus for Automization, Buildings, Wonders etc..
Open the Buildings-list and see if you can sell them there?

And have you updated your Civ5?

As what I've heard they should be on right side of the screen, the dropdown menus for Automization, Buildings, Wonders etc..
Open the Buildings-list and see if you can sell them there?

And have you updated your Civ5?

Yes civ is updated, i found it :)

It's nice to be able to look inside Puppet cities. What I noticed though is that ALL of them emphasize gold. So I don't see how the patch notes can rightly imply you can choose a CS "strategy" emphasizing gold, as the puppet states all train buildings and you have no choice over what they build (and they all emphasize gold as is).

You can't choose any strategy for puppets. It's an AI strategy they added for puppets.

I like some of the patch so far. You can click a puppet and set them to focus on gold, or science, or culture, theres other choices to, I thought you could sell old buidlings but I have not been able to do that yet. Also it seems the ai will only do unfair trades now.

It may be due to the fact that I am continuing an old savegame, but I don't see much improvements up to now.
Next to the civil wars (see above) Alexander and Ramses are trying to capture Copenhagen for more than 50 turns now. Alexanders cannons and crossbows have bombed the city defenses to the minimum since something like 30 turns, and the Egyptian knights refuse to take the city.

I think I will have to abandon that game and start a new one. This really isn't much fun.

Can anyone else confirm whether this is happening to them too? The shift+enter shortcut is no longer working. It's supposed to allow you to force the game to end the turn even if there are units left to move.

EDIT
Hmm, it works when I have no units awaiting orders. Was it always the case that shift+enter only worked when you had no units awaiting orders? Now you can only dodge the other sorts of notifcations like choosing tech and production.

Top Bottom