The newest Global Relations

Aristos

Lightseeker
UPDATED!!! Now compatible across the board, from Vanilla to G&K to BNW!!!

If you feel that InfoAddict, robk's masterpiece, gives too much information, this is for you. Global Relations is entirely based on robk's Infoaddict, but only shows the information that is truly available to the player in the base game:

+ Added two main elements of whoward69's Trading Opportunities mod: the Trading Opportunities window and the City States window, for a more complete and accessible diplomatic experience (compared to the base game). Some modifications to the original code have been introduced to make the components more in line with this mod: event listeners to force the windows to update whenever there is some update to data due to a trade, diplomatic tooltips on the civilization names, color-coded civilization names according to the leader's attitude, and others.
+ Within the Global Relations window, only the relations wheel is shown: no data, no graphs, the same political Fog of War as in the base game
+ Within the relations wheel, only the elements that can be seen or deducted by the player are shown: all political stances and treaties except for Defensive Pact and economic treaties (which are only shown for the human player), plus all Research Agreements (anounced in the base game as a message icon).
+ Added Trade Routes to/from human player (only displayed if BNW is active)
+ Added tooltips to civilization icons with information available within the game (thanks glider1)
+ Added clickable icons to call diplomacy: now you can open the diplomacy window by RIGHT-clicking the leader icons (except when it's the human icon)
+ Added HOTKEYS to show/hide the main window: not only do you have GR available within the diplo window, but all the time (should become the main diplomatic access)
+ Added Relative Military Power information to icon tootlips using the same formula the Military Advisor uses to give the player his recommendation
+ Added latest information for BNW (not shown if playing Vanilla or G&K)

SAVEGAME compatible: you can plug in the mod at any time on an ongoing game, or unplug it whenever you want

Compatible witn any version of Civilization 5.

Compatible witn ANY other mod.

Hotkeys: to toggle the window ON/OFF
W (the W key)
Numpad 0 key

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. All credits to robk for the original InfoAddict. I am just using scissors. ;)

Also, full credits and a big thank you to whoward69 for his original work on Trading Opportunties. I am just using glue. ;)

Put the contents of the attached file inside your mod folder:
C:\Users\your user name here\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS

or subscribe using Steam.

Version History:

Version 7:

+ Added Social Policies and Era information to the tooltips in the relations wheel
+ Fixed a vanilla BNW bug in the DoF and Denouncement counters that made the counters go negative in game speeds higher than normal

Version 6:

Update to add elements of whowar69's Trading Opportunities mod:

+ Added the Trading Opportunities window with some code from the original changed to show color-coded civilization names according to their diplomatic attitude, the diplomatic tooltip detailing the leader approach when hovering the mouse over the civilization name, and some event listeners to force the window to update whenever there is a change in diplomatic data (i.e. a new trade)

+ Added the City States window as is.

Big thanks to whoward69 for his excellent work on Trading Opportunities.

Version 5:

Big Update to make the mod compatible across the entire platform!

+ Top Panel files to add Top Panel menu have been discarded in favor of Hotkeys; much better, cleaner solution that allows compatibility across the board without conflicting with anything.
+ Added two hotkeys as natural and comfortable as possible: the W key (for "Wheel", good for the left hand) and the Numpad 0 key, good for the right hand access). Both hotkeys work as TOGGLE for the main window, except inside the Diplomatic Dialog chamber, where the button is the access.
+ Added code to check if BNW is enabled, as the mod only changes from Vanilla/G&K to BNW by the use of some specific BNW functions. This allows the mod to be fully compatible with any version.

Steam has a version 6.
Is this the same Global Relations?
Is it possible to get version 6 from a non-Steam download?

Thanks.

This Version is also not Hotseat Compatible (all relations, refer to Player 1).:(

This Version is also not Hotseat Compatible (all relations, refer to Player 1).:(

I think I know where the coding bug is for this... give me a little time as I am busy and will try to fix it.

To help me, can you post a screenshot of the problem so I can make sure I got it right?

Nice work Aristos. So you're aware, the 'w' key is technically already in-use by the base game. It's another way to cycle through units awaiting orders, and it's bit of a leftover from the CivIV days so people like me may be very used to it. I've personally removed the 'w' hotkey from your mod before applying it, but I bring it up in case you want to select another key that is not in-use.

As a suggestion, I'll put forth adding the "turns remaining" data to more deals, such as open borders. I still had to switch back to the base game diplomatic overview to determine this information.

Also, more of a question, where does the base game show you what the opponents are trading between each other? Perhaps I missed it, but it seems like an area where the mod is still showing the player more information than available in the base game. I'm a bit of a stickler for that which is what brought me to your mod, and leftover thinking from the BUG days on CivIV.

GR does NOT show the trades between other civs, with the only exception of RAs which are shown in the base game as notifications. BUG is indeed the spirit of this mini mod; showing more information than normally available is cheating if you ask me.

I have no objection to it, but I don't see where open borders between AIs is identified in the base game.

Speaking of open borders, is it a big deal to add the turns remaining for the open borders tool tips?

I have no objection to it, but I don't see where open borders between AIs is identified in the base game.

Speaking of open borders, is it a big deal to add the turns remaining for the open borders tool tips?

Oh, OK, now I know what you mean... yes, I remember having the same debate with myself when deciding if to leave OB or not in the mod. My conclusion was that you could see military units wandering in other civs territory and therefore, deduct that they have to have OBs in place. A blurry definition, I know, but that is how I decided about that particular piece of info.

Adding the turns is a little messy because OBs and DPs are treated as a "deal" by the game engine, so you have to loop inside each of the civs deal array, and then take what you need. I might do it when I have a little time to dedicate to the mod; I did not do it before because I always use CivWillard together with this mod, and thus did not feel the pressure to add those features, but for someone that ONLY uses GR, I can understand the need.

Give me some time, and if I delay too much, remind me please.

To those who are interested in playing the game in german! I translated the Mod or I added the latest strings to the german file. Have fun!

You have to copy the file to:
Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Global Relations (v 7)\XML

DOWNLOAD

Download link please. We have thousands of mods uploaded to this website, not steam. Everyone else does it, so please you too. Nexus is also a thing, despite steam workshop. It's easier to manager, rate and read about mods here or on Nexus.

Top Bottom