The Next War Scenario Game

chasbolt

RTO
GAME FULL/STARTED

This is a BtS Scenario for CIV4 (3.17)
I have started this game from all 4 positions to check it out and haven't played more than 15 turns in any of them.

I'd like to play this with 4 humans. The game is Resource Intensive. I suggest you check it out. It is played by 4 superpowers having various strengths and weaknesses. We have some choices to make in the game.

Next War Scenario Plan
Game has Started

We have:
mlindert - Southern Empire
chasbolt - China/Siberia
thundrio - English Speaking
ruff_hi - Eurasia

SPEED= Normal
DIFFICULTY= Noble

Players turns are as they chose Leader, no choice. :blush:

Sounds like fun !

Speed/difficulty is fine whatever it is.

Nick Name: Deztro
Time zone: GMT+1
Most active playing times: 18:00-22:00, in the weekend 10:00-22:00.

I'll take a look at the scenario before signing up. Also thinking of a OCC pbem game - will start thread later today.

Game Will Start Shortly

We have:
chasbolt - China/Siberia
mlindert - Southern Empire
thundrio - English Speaking
ruff_hi - Eurasia

Choose one of the civs and whatever is left over will be an AI we can beat up on prior to commencing against each other. How's that sound? Maybe we'll have 4 humans maybe 2. If it's, one on one, I say let the same rules apply. We must eliminate the AI prior to each other.

Be Advised that Space Victory cannot occur in this game. The only Victories are Time, Domination, Conquest and Diplomatic.

Can I be the civ led by the lady ?

I have updated to say that and await further responses.

Looks like 2, we'll begin Monday if we have no further sign ups. I'll be Mr. Big and the English.

let me take a look at this (tonight - in about 6 hrs) - will give you a YES or NO then ... ok?

Sure I just sent the 1st turn off, we'll call that practice if you want to jump in.:)

ok - count me in.

Please Post when you have sent your turn, ruff_hi may do it his way (email). All to verify where the turn is. We have one PBEM rookie and one less experienced PBEM player. The posting keeps track of the game.

:thanx:

2057 to Chasbolt.

It's strange to play such a scenario. Much different than a normal Civ starting at 4000BC where live is simple and easy going ! This setting reminds me of the board game Axis an Allies; much tension and too many choices hehe !

2057 to ruff hi
Exactly, my late game needs much work, this may help.

email not here yet - did you send it to my yahoo acct?

can I get a copy of everyone's email address pls. I have chas so I only need mlin and thundrio's.

I sent you a pm with the info; sent the turn via gmail and will resend with yahoo. What game doesn't start with a glitch. :D

i got the game sent from ruff hi however when i try to start it (i double clicked on the save and i tried loading the mod and starting the game from the main menu, when i do it says something about my specs not being 100% correct (probably cause my hard drives almost full) and that my performance may suffer. then it says (i think this is right, im at school so i cant check), "the contents of the save file have been protected to insure that the assets of your mod folder are not changed". so i click okay and then in the upper left hand corner it says "load failed" and then it crashes to desktop.

any ideas? after this i tried playing online (standard) and i got in fine. i can also do single player.

i am running a vista laptop.

thanks

the 2nd error message usually occurs when you have the wrong DLL. Check the following:

[tab]the 'CvGameCoreDLL.dll' should be 4,782kb version 3.1.7.0 in the 'C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Assets' directory

Any of the following can cause problems
  • you have not updated to v3.17
  • you don't have BtS installed
  • you have an unofficial patch installed

When I started to play PBEM games the first game I was in I got the same error message. Probably it had something to do in the order the games were installed (Civ4/Civ4 updates/BTS/BTS updates). In my case it was enough to deinstall BTS completely, reinstall BTS and run the latest patch.

Top Bottom