[C3C] The Novarians: a Dramatic Story of an Empire's Rise and Fall

DeusAderit

Chieftain
This is my first post.

I first played Civilization by Sid over 20 years ago. I've played every edition since, and Civ3 remains my favorite to this day.

Civ3 inspired my love of history. In every game I've ever played (and I have played many), there has been a story that I wrote in my head to go with it.

After reading so many beautifully-written stories on this site, and seeing how many people enjoy them, I've decided to write my own. I'm worried I might not have enough time, but if enough people find my story interesting, I will find the time.

My story begins with a race of people called the Novarians. They believe themselves to be children of the stars, in the literal sense. Their creation mythology centers around the idea that a star fell to Earth, and on that star was the DNA of a superior race. They believe themselves to be of a completely different race than the rest of the planet; they are Novarian, and the rest of the planet are merely Human. As such, they see themselves as the rightful conquerors of the World.

Throughout the course of this story, the Novarians will slaughter every other civilization mercilessly. They will rise to become the dominant military force, and at one point in time they will be poised to wipe out every other civilization and assume absolute dominance across the map.

Then, the story will truly begin. There will be those among them who form bonds with Humans; they will begin to question what they were taught. Their minds will be changed, and their lives re-purposed. Their efforts towards ending the war and promoting understanding will cause others to call them traitor. They will be disowned, despised... but in the end, they will succeed.

The Empire of the Novarians will collapse. The nations they had attacked and butchered will be in a position to retaliate mercilessly. And the ones who fought so hard to promote unity and friendship among their own citizens will need to find a way to convince their former enemies of the truthfulness of their beliefs...

The Novarians will be Germans (blue is my favorite color, and they are both Militaristic and Scientific). The map will be standard size, 60% water temperate warm archipelago, with the maximum number of random civilizations.

If 5 people express interest, I'll begin. :)

Top Bottom