The Order of the Knights Templar

There's a sizeable stack left in Damascus.

Maybe go for communism after scimeth for SP (and workshops).

Got it.

Do you expect a PPP or can I just declare that the suggestions in the last few posts together comprise a PPP? :D

That is, more bloodshed, a GA, try to generate a GPr and head for the promised land of communism.

that sound a decent PPP.
I would just add to build temples in tombuktou and djenne (in case of), bring a more MP in priest cities (sargon can be upgraded for more MP efficacy) and raze saladin completely (no cap this time if possible)

Had a good share of the fun.

Arabia is dead.
Persia is dead.
Our Great Prophet is under way to Medina.

We're at war with HRE because he stupidly vassaled Cyrus. However, just this turn peeled quite a bit away from his stack and we captured Florence.

Next up can do the cleaning and the finishing. Got to sleep now. :)

Attachments

• Jacques de Molay AD-1515.CivBeyondSwordSave
    336.5 KB · Views: 135
Gran Trabajo!

Looks golden.

Build culture in the Persia cities and with border pops and maybe 1 or 2 HRE cities this game should be over.

seems like a great work here :)
I really want to look at the save but can't before tonight :(

Gracias!

To give some detail: our GPr was a 94% certainty, but wanted to make sure we'd get him. UoS I guess was responsible for the remaining 6%. Built a turn of culture, then 2 temples in Timbuktu, followed by units to suppress revolt chances. When I noted Moai gives GPr points too, built that in a mere 3 turns. The revolt chance disappeared all together at the end, but I guess it's back now as I moved the cavalry to protect our priest.

When communism was in (we got the GSpy, unused) revolted to SP and nationhood. Drafting proved extremely useful, for drafting quick MP and also when we got in a fight with HRE.

Arabia was easily dispatched with, especially when Sal moved his remaining SoD into the great wide open. Under the skies of blue. Before Cyrus' borders could engulf our conquests, declared on him. Bribed Ragnar into it, but his stack was always fashionably one or two turns late to capture anything.

And then HRE came knocking, but he was knocked back. Captured Florence and killed about half his SoD, mainly grens. The other half is mainly knights. Keep him under pressure a bit and maybe capture something and I guess he'll cap. From there it will be pressing end turn and making the shrine for the win, I reckon.

Note that IIRC Damascus and Bagdad have revolt chance issues. I'd move the arabpersian veterans there to help the issue.

And I automated workers... Sorry for that but it's of no importance anymore.

nice close ending here :)
If tachy does not show up, i can propose to let cam finished the game. he does wonderfull report anyway :)

for strategy stuff:
kill some romans, let pagan cities grew in culture and just win...

next player (if not me) should use some riflemens in nicaea to kill some knights

Fantastic progress in recent turnsets. Well done team!

I've 'PM-ed' Tachywaxon to advise that their turnset is 'up'.

Thanks for the offer astre, but I'm more than happy for you to take it if Tachywaxon doesn't. 'Cheers' though. :)

The next player should take the turnset. I'm in lurker mode for almost all CivFanatics activities.

seems like i'll finish the buisness.
Will try to do it soon.
tonight, maybe :)

jobs done!
we gained in 1555 after caping charles in 1545.

first thing i killed most romans units one by one, then maintained a front while our units healed or cross the whole world.

after some time, i could take 3 romans cities and charlemagne cap. at this point, we were at 63.87% grrrrr

I had to wait 1-2 turns our eastern cities pop borders.

few pics and last save below.

what's next SG?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0027.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0027.JPG
    377.7 KB · Views: 239
  • Civ4ScreenShot0026.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0026.JPG
    373.4 KB · Views: 237
  • Civ4ScreenShot0025.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0025.JPG
    464.4 KB · Views: 255
  • Civ4ScreenShot0023.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0023.JPG
    374.6 KB · Views: 254
  • Jacques de Molay AD-1555.CivBeyondSwordSave
    351.2 KB · Views: 189
That was the finishing move! Ugh, :( . Well, that's life.

If I had more time, I wonder if I could start a succession game based on a mod...one I haven't seen much around here. PAE a.k.a. Pierre's Ancient Europe. It's a mod about ancient ages only. Many new concepts there...it's just sad the AI is incompetent. Even on IMM, it feels like two difficulties lower. Definitely a mod to be played on IMM+. Still, it has a very exciting early game.

Pie's Ancient Europe
Go for it! Need moar Tachy! ;)

Bon Travail, astre!

You know about that mod, Lymond? You seem so...and enthusiastic too.

Yes, nice finishing move, Astre.

Yep, I've played it some. (I responded in your thread in General)

I guess you meant General Disc. Oh wait. I forgot that.

EDIT: Wow, that is true. Yep, I have reached the lurker status. I forget what I did. Haha.

BTW, I have to say people in Mod section are really unfriendly. Each I get by there, there is some grumpy people. I thought S&T was the worst, but no, there are worse sections. It is an hostile place. Ha!

Oh, they are not that bad :) Everyone has a bad moment.

'Yes' - congratulations everyone on the win, and thanks for the efforts.

I might take 'a rain check' on the proposed next game, but wish those participating all the best. :)

Top Bottom