1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Order of Yevon

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game V: RPG' started by Zarn, Aug 6, 2004.

1. Zarn

Zarn Le Républicain Catholique

[New Character as the former Praetor misteriouslty disapears (and is no longer a player character)]

I am Jekon, and I am the brother of Praetor Zarn and son of Praetor Ximar II. I am the new high priest of Yevon. I have been recently promoted for a new Temple, but since The Temple of Valefore needs a new high priest, I will attend that one, instead. Where is this new praetor? Surely he has something to say about what he plans to accomplish. What of these Aeons I heard so much about? Are they divine creatures? What of Yevon, one of our ancestors? Is Yevon divine? Shouldn't we promote another priest to oversee the building of and take care of the Temple of Ifrit? Where is the Praetor? He should be guiding us.

2. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Widowmaker: Ghost Operative

Versailles City, United Systems of New Coruscant
    Welcome Jekon to the Order of Yevon. Jekon, which temple would you wish to take care of. Ill also search for another High priest to operate the other temple.

3. Zarn

OOC: CG, I (or Jekon) becomes the high priest of the Temple of Valefor, as you are now the Praetor of Bahumaut. Also, Strider gets to be the next High Priest, if he shows activity. Just to help you out. If you want more temples, its your business to propose it. Just make sure not every city has a temple and not everyone is a high priest (no fun in that).

If you need me to upgrade the first post, let me know in this thread, so it is noted in public.

4. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Chieftain

i would request a temple in zojoji, and i will move there(as that is where i am currently living and do not like long transits to work)

5. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

I'm still here, and I would like to operate the Temple of Ifrit (which I believe is next up?) :)

6. Zarn

That's not my decision, but the Praetor's. I would vote yes to adding a Temple in Epolenep only at this time. I think that would be a great location for Ifrit (the fire aeon for those who do not know).

7. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Hiya Jekon, brother of Zarn! You look quite like your brother... are you twins?

8. uberboffin

uberboffin Chieftain

I'd like to join.

9. GenMarshall

Welcome Uberboffin :)

@Strider - I beleve you are due for a promotion ;)

Votes: Do you approve the construction of a new Temple of Ifrit in Epolenep.

10. JackA

JackA Master Trainer

I'd like to join too.

11. Zarn

You guys are added to the list (the 1st post is still mine to update CG, and if you want changes, let me know).

I APPROVE of a Temple in Epolenep.

Edit: Since it was never stated how much perecetnage of high prieets must approve, I would go with simple majority (51+%) of high priests.

12. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

So does this mean I'm a highpriest?

13. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Chieftain

I approve of a temple in Epolenep

14. Zarn

It means the other high priest must approve. I'm only 50% of the high priests. Obviously, once the other high priests approves the Temple is built and the next person becomes a high priest (you), as we already know the praetor approves.

Edit: nevermind, Black Hole approves.

15. Zarn

I would like to discuss new legislation. In order to do this, we must have a discussion. I believe we should orgainze the 'law' in the Order of Yevon, so when legislation is passed, we know where to put it. It would also make the 'law' more clear than a bundle of definations and such.

I would also like to discuss another piece of legislation. I wish to make voting for each member public. We should either vote directly in this thread (something I dreaded before), have priests pm the high priests of their temple, or have everyone pm one person (praetor, BCLG, mod, etc...).

16. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

I agree with what you said.

;)

17. Zarn

*High Priest Jekon is seen standing at the top od the steps leading to the Temple of Valefor.*

Yevon has grown in size and we have many following Yevon with all their hearts. Though I can't help but wonder what is being done to keep these people in the light. The Praetor has been noticibly absent. Has the Praetor forsaken us? What kind of praetor leaves his people, when his people need him most (Sorry, FFX-2 reference, but it applies)?

We have enemies from other lands and even non-believers in our own civilization. Yet the praetor won't show. I ask you why (sorry, another reference). Why must we wait for this praetor to talk? Is he busy, or is he hiding something? He won't even let the high priests know. We shouldn't have to take this. Stand up! Let your voice be heard.

I will be your praetor, as I was the son of Ximar II just like Zarn. Remember the Order of Yevon under their guidence. It was glorious. Lets throw off these shackles of ignorance and take charge of our future. People of Valefor, Ixion, Ifrit, and Bahumut, lets overthrow the current praetor!

(OOC: That means a high priest vote to put CivGeneral to priest status)

18. GenMarshall

OOC: I wish to apologise for the lack of activity in this RPG, Mainly its due to the corse load in college :(.

19. GenMarshall

People, I have not forsaken you. I have been busy toiling around with the idea of Jekon's ideas of alowing to have the votes public and thus I would like to see if the other High Priests would approve.

If I am overthrown, I do not wish to be bumped down to the Priest ranks and climb back up to the High Priest rank again. I will promise to check in from time to time and make sure that my presance is known and make sure that people sill beleve in the Order of Yevon

20. GenMarshall

Can you care to elaborate on the Ideas of the new legislation? Since I am not an expert rule writer like Shaitan and Donsig were ;).