The real stability maps

Sweet, good to see the real details for once!

Poor Maya, Inca, Carthage and Babylonia.
On the other hand, hurray for Britannia and vive La France! Talk about large endowments. :lol:

The historical bounds are less liberally defined then I throught.

Same here, and also I see a few specs of Green that don't make too much sense to me. I was also confused as to why Germany has some spots in Canada that are green, for example.

Well, all of Japan, Inner Mongolia and Khmer should not be disallowed for China. In fact, much of these cultures owe a lot to China. Japanese, Vietnamese and Korean each used to be written in a Chinese-like script.

And lacking a native American culture, Aztecs and Mayans should each have no penalty expanding in North America, ditto for Inca/South America.

And lacking a native American culture, Aztecs and Mayans should each have no penalty expanding in North America, ditto for Inca/South America.

That's what I was just thinking. Also, I think Mongolia needs some more yellow to the west (Turkey, Russia) and maybe even part of India and Eastern Europe. If this will affect balance too much simply ignore it. Russia's yellow area could also use increasing.

P.S.-I know it's not a big deal but I think we should include Hawaii in the Japanese, English and American stability as green. It would be cool if we could see a city founded there more often.

I think more of Europe (Especially France) should be yellow/orange for Germany. The main reason the UHV was hard for me was because I kept collapsing, and now I know that was because I was occupying territory that was bad for my stability, but required for the victory.
(And it's somewhat historical?)

I think more of Europe (Especially France) should be yellow/orange for Germany. The main reason the UHV was hard for me was because I kept collapsing, and now I know that was because I was occupying territory that was bad for my stability, but required for the victory.
(And it's somewhat historical?)

Not sure I agree with this. When did Germany occupy any part of modern France and not collapse?

Not sure I agree with this. When did Germany occupy any part of modern France and not collapse?
When did the Mongols occupy a huge section of Eurasia and not collapse?
On the other hand, when did Germany occupy any part of Scandinavia and not collapse?
Either have both be German areas or neither.

Points of interest:

For France, former Frech West Africa is not recognized as historically owned. Also, if parts of India are recognized as historically owned by Netherlands, Portugal, and even Scandinavia, why they aren't recognized for France?

For England, a large part of Canada isn't green. Not that it's beneficial to settle most of the orange Canadian tiles, but these tiles can get caught in your culture. Also, Nigeria and Ghana are not recongized as historically owned territories, but a single tile of Gambia is. Interesting, however, that parts of Southwest Africa are recognized as hstorically owned territories of Germany, Netherlands, and Portugal.

Parts of Kazakhstan, Primorsky Krai, Karelia and Murmanskaya oblast aren't recognized as Russian. Also, why is extreme north of Russia isn't recognized as historical, not that anyone whould want to settle there?

Points of interest:

For France, former Frech West Africa is not recognized as historically owned. Also, if parts of India are recognized as historically owned by Netherlands, Portugal, and even Scandinavia, why they aren't recognized for France?

For England, a large part of Canada isn't green. Not that it's beneficial to settle most of the orange Canadian tiles, but these tiles can get caught in your culture. Also, Nigeria and Ghana are not recongized as historically owned territories, but a single tile of Gambia is. Interesting, however, that parts of Southwest Africa are recognized as hstorically owned territories of Germany, Netherlands, and Portugal.

Parts of Kazakhstan, Primorsky Krai, Karelia and Murmanskaya oblast aren't recognized as Russian. Also, why is extreme north of Russia isn't recognized as historical, not that anyone whould want to settle there?

As far as i know, these maps show suitable/not suitable sites for city placement, not for cultural boundaries.

As far as i know, these maps are relevant only for exact city locations, not for cultural boundaries.

No, I think it's all about owned tiles, not owned cities. I seem to remember Rhye confirming it.

Top Bottom