The RoundTable

I think I understand now. Saying:

Exodat treaty said:
Article 3: Exclusivity
* No modern era techs may be traded/sold/gifted outside of the alliance for any reason without express permission of the other team.​

means you can break this at any time and expect no repercussions, but saying:

Exodat treaty revisited said:
Article 3: Exclusivity
* Modern era techs may never ever be traded/sold/gifted outside of the alliance for any reason without express permission of the other team no matter what.​

would have been completely different. Signing a treaty with you guys is kind of like a game of Simon Says. Is that it?​

:lol:

Cyc, we sincerely appreciate the compliments from a likewise worthy adversary / competitor / erstwhile ally. It's important that all of this is kept in the proper context.

But your dyslogism is worthy of specific note:
politely misconscrew

I think we can all agree that there's been quite a bit that's been misconScrewed in all of this :rotfl:

Say what you will about the George Bush Presidency, but at least we got the neologism 'Misunderstimated' out of the deal [one of the most expensive coinages ever, i imagine!!], for this game, I proposed that 'misconscrew' stand as well! :salute:

Chamnix, the key words in article three are outside the alliance. In general usage (and specifically in Civ III) alliances are not compatible with a state of war. War dissolves an alliance and in the absence of an alliance article three is meaningless and therefore null and void.

The treaty specifically states that it is not cancelled by a declaration of war. It is ridiculous in general usage and in Civ III, but it is what was agreed to.

That's just a cop out argument from Saber.
Hey but anything not to lose, right?

Let me get this straight. On one hand, the treaty says that nukes won't ever get used, but Saber nukes the Council.

On the other, the treaty says no tech trading for modern era techs outside the alliance, but The Council did trade them.

And The Council did the trade after the nuking, right?

You are right about the treaty, but Council gave away the techs before the nuking. Saber would never have nuked the Council if the Council hadn't proven to be evil and dishonorable.

Seriously. I had to beat these guys with a stick just to get them to research the techs necessary for Nukes. They wanted to beat the competiton with one hand tied behind their back, but I said no. I wasn't trying to split atoms with these guys, but I knew you would be tough to conquer.

Then the Council sealed their fate. Bad move.

You are right about the treaty, but Council gave away the techs before the nuking. Saber would never have nuked the Council if the Council hadn't proven to be evil and dishonorable.

We had an official message from SABER giving us the go ahead to give away those techs. I'd publish a copy of it here but the original was destroyed during one of SABER's bombing runs on The Chamber and our backup copy was incinerated when SABER nuked The Gulag. :mischief:

I'd like to know why you didn't return nukes right back at them? If I recall, Manhattan has been around for a long time.

I'd like to know why you didn't return nukes right back at them? If I recall, Manhattan has been around for a long time.

The Council entered a solemn agreement to never, ever use evil nuclear weapons on SABER no matter what and we are an honorable team.

If your settler had done much exploration of Council's continent, you wouldn't have to ask that ;).

Top Bottom