1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The SCENARIO LEAGUE information thread

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Scenario League' started by McMonkey, Jan 24, 2011.

1. CurtSibling

CurtSibling ENEMY ACE™ SLeague Staff Supporter

2. McMonkey

McMonkey ----Evertonian---- SLeague Staff

3. CurtSibling

CurtSibling ENEMY ACE™ SLeague Staff Supporter

A measure that came too late, to be honest!

4. AGRICOLA

AGRICOLA Warlord

Well done, Poly! :goodjob:

There is so much useful information and some very interesting scen development history in the archives that I was really saddened to have lost it. :)

5. Thunderfall

Thunderfall Administrator Administrator Moderator

I have added links to the forum and the wiki to the Civ2 menu drop down at the top of the forum.

It's great to have you guys here! The Scenario League wiki is very nice! :thumbsup:

6. McMonkey

7. gokudo

gokudo Chieftain

Just wanted to say hello, I was known as Rand al'Thor on Apolyton. Im SO glad that you're still alive. RL has kept me busy the last half year and I almost feared everything was lost. But here you are alive and kicking! :worship::banana::bounce:
    And a short question: Where can I sign up for the new SL Wiki? I can't even promise to be a regular contributor due to busy real life but I have knowledge of many scenarios since "back then" 199X, so maybe I could help with some things (with your approval of course). And of yourse I'd like to regularly check out and comment on your new creations. :please:

8. McMonkey

You are more than welcome to contribute to the Wiki. There is still a lot that needs doing and for most of us free time is limited so the more working on it the better. In the top right hand corner of the Wiki screen there is the option to Log in / create account. Then all you do to add stuff is use the Upload file option which is located under the Toolbox section on the left hand panel. To edit the pages just use the Edit tab at the top of the screen. I learned how to make the pages by copying and existing page in edit mode, pasting it into the new page and adapting it to fit whatever scenario I was adding. There may be a little trial and error but its pretty user friendly. Thanks!

9. temurleng

temurleng Another Dumb Message

10. McMonkey

Thanks for the info mate. I have updated the WePlayCiv link. Regarding the Swedish site. Its very sad to see another great old Civ2 site disappear. I think I will leave the link for a while in case it is a temporary issue but I won't hold out too much hope.

11. Cobra

Cobra Chieftain

Great work :)

12. McMonkey

13. kobayashi

kobayashi Deity

14. McMonkey

Hi kobayashi, good to hear from you. Hope life it treating you well! I have added the link to my personal signature, is that what you meant?

15. gokudo

gokudo Chieftain

I'd like to propose some additions to the wiki, I hope this is the right place? I noticed a few things missing when browsing and comparing to my collection of scenarios, sometimes scenario pages are missing information or linking to their ToT Conversions. In some cases I wasn't even able to find the conversion here at civfanatics like Ancient Empires: End of the Bronce Age and Seeds of Greatness, both wonderfully converted by techumseh. If you have the time now or like to collect suggestions for future updates on the wiki I'd be glad to help by reporting other things I notice, otherwise I won't bother you any further.

16. McMonkey

Please go ahead and make suggestions gokudo. I can't guarantee how soon I would be able to get work done, but if I have a list here I will work through them. I'm sure the other contributors will too.

17. gokudo

gokudo Chieftain

Allright, here is my list of suggested updates and fixes for the SL wiki scenario pages.
    It's in txt form but I could also provide other formats if needed. My listing has the format:
    link to scenario page -> suggested update/fix/etc.

If you need any or all of the missing things I noticed please just tell me where to put them.

I'm glad the SL wiki is still around and being kept up-to-date after so many years, I really like to help out in any way possible.

There are two things I'd like to ask directly:

Nicheal, Ancient Steel looks pretty awesome but links are missing, isn't it finished yet? Didn't find a creation thread so I'm curious.

Curt, since the sound files in Dictator VII are missing, did you ever provide them somewhere else? Great series btw, I think it holds the record for the longest running in civ2 scenario creation history. :goodjob:

Attached Files:

18. McMonkey

gokudo,
    Thanks for taking the time to do this. I will try and find the time to begin working through the list.

If you want to create an account so that you can upload files and add/edit pages I have temporarily taken the block off for new members registration. Let me know if you have registered / don't want to register and I will put the block back on.

RE: Ancient Steel
    It does look like a very interesting scenario. If Nichael want's to e-mail me the files I'm happy to upload them to the SL Wiki.

19. St. Leo

St. Leo Chieftain

Hi guys,

Just banned a bunch of spambots from the wiki:

Please keep user registration disabled on the wiki except when needed to register someone specific. I've re-disabled it.:)

20. McMonkey

Sorry, I didn't know there were that many Spambots waiting to pounce. I only disabled it this afternoon. How would I go about registering gokudo if he wants to join the SL Wiki?